trouble from the very start

what happens when you mix ordinary and popular

Am I hallucinating or is this real life? But he's an idol,  he can't go to a normal school like this!  Taemin must of noticed me looking at him in shock so he just smiled. I don't know why but I liked it. I did say to Ellie's that I liked him as an artist but nothing more,  so I don't know why I was feeling like that. It's probably that feeling you get when you first see an idol so...  No biggy! I need to focus on my studies anyway.  I don't have time to worry about my love life.  I can't get off track on my grades. 

Taemin came over to my desk,  and that was enough to make my heart explode.

"Hey,  is this seat taken? " he asked politely and pointed to the desk behind me. I froze for a second. I had no idea what to say. Then I brought up the courage to say something. 

"Umm... Yes, I mean NO! I mean...yes you can sit there and no the seat is not taken! " I turned red and I think he noticed because then he just laughed.

"Just picture  me as one of your fellow class mates. " he said and walked over to the seat behind me. 

"I think that will be a bit hard, " I mumbled. For the rest of the lesson I couldn't focus at all,  I was just so distracted by all the girls calling Taemin and passing him notes. Once,  I even got asked to answer a question. I just sat there like an idiot quietly but luckaly Taemin whispered me the answer.  And it was a really hard question so I was quite surprised when he got it right.

"Thanks!" I whispered to him. After class ended I stood up from my desk and started walking out of class when my teacher Mrs Potts asked me and Taemin to stay behind. 

"Could you please show our new student Taemin around school? I know your good at giving tours. "

"Okay Mr's Potts." I answered. Taemin and I exited class, and we were walking down the schools hallway together. 

"So,  what's your name? " Taemin asked. 

"I think that's a bit irrelevant from my task. " I proudly answered, thinking I sounded clever. 

"So what is your task? "

"to show you around,"

"well I could give you another task,"

"and that would be? "

"be my first friend. " I kind of expected that,  but it still made me tingle inside a little bit. I tried to act cool and hard to get, so I said, 

"Why are you asking me? I'm sure  a lot of girls in this school would give anything to be your friend. " 

"But you seem different from them, " he said shyly.  It made me want to smile and I did. 

"alright, I'll be your friend. " 

"well then,  you never answered the question. What's your name? " 

"My name is Selena," I answered.

"that's a beautiful name." He just complimented me. That's so nice of him. 

"thanks. Your being awfully nice, " I told him. 

"isn't that how friends are? "

"I think friends would jokingly insult you rather than be nice. " He laughed at that joke.  I guess he thinks I'm funny.  That's a good sign. Suddenly lots of girls just crowded Taemin and I got pushed away somewhere. I got so fed up I shouted, 

"anyone want to give Taemin a tour around the school? " suddenly the girls were screaming 'yes'and I decided to leave.  That wasn't the best thing to do as a friend but I just couldn't stand the thought of him always getting crowded around by screaming fans. I still remember Taemin looking at me desperately for help but,  what could I do? Just as I left him I returned because I felt bad.  He was still crowded by them so I just took hold of his arm and dragged him away without looking back. 

"thanks, for a minute I thought you were going to abandon me. " he said. 

"oh I was. Sorry about that. I just didn't know what to do." I was still holding his hand so I quickly let go. I don't think Taemin noticed so he kept holding it. I felt weird inside.  It was the good type of weird. I didn't mention anything to him because I wanted to stay like that a bit longer.  Big mistake. Everyone started taking pictures and only then Taemin noticed he was holding my hand. He let go and asked, 

"why didn't you tell me? "

"I didn't notice!" I lied. I had a feeling that both of us would be the schools newest gossip. Oh great, just what I need. I hate being the center of attention. Taemins probably used to it since he is an idol and has this happening to him all the time. He seemed quite chill about the whole thing. We both just continued walking down the hallway but people still took pictures. When we were supposed to be just friends, in others eyes were boyfriend and girlfriend.  I have a feeling that this will be bothering me for a while.