First Date

what happens when you mix ordinary and popular

Once I got home I asked if I could go to Taemin's house, which is basically SHINee's dorm. The last time I was there, not everything turned out so good, so I'd like to make some good memories there for once. My parents were fine with it, just as long as I don't stay there for too long. Taemin was picking me up at six. The hours passed quite quickly, doing some studying and having dinner. 

The doorbell went off exactly at six, just as I expected. As I slowly pulled the doorknob, I found Taemin holding some flowers which were covering up his face. He then lowered them so his cheery smile was revealed.

"I thought you'd like these." He handed them over to me. A wide smile spread across my face as I smelt them.

"Oh how I love the smell of flowers! Reminds me of Primary school." I told him.

"I know, I remember." 

"How? It was a very long time ago! You couldn't possibly remember."

"But I do. I don't know, memories have been lately flashing in my mind alot."

"Well thats very nice of you, thanks." we were both in a good mood now, all our little troubles have seemed to fade away. "Come in for a sec while I put these in a vase." I went to the living room to find an empty vase around some tables and eventually found one. In that short pereod of time I noticed Taemin looking at every little ornament we had in the hallway.I just chuckled at that and I think he heard me.

"Whats so funny?"

"You finding every little thing in the hallway very interesting."

"I look at how people's houses are decorated because it shows a lot about their character."

"I'll keep that in mind, might come in handy to know. So, what kind of people are we?" He walked around for another second and then looked up at me.

"You are classy, exotic, warm-hearted and formal all at the same time. I find those type of people very rarely. Usually they are one or the other, but you are all different things."

"Is that good?"

"Ofcourse that's good! You are hard to read, I like a bit of mistery..."

"We've known eachother since primary school, is it really that hard to read me?"

"I've never quite known you fully."

"Same goes for you. I'll just put some water in this vase and we can go."

"Take your time."

I quickly went to the kitchen and filled the vase with tap water. I went back to the living room and put them in the middle of the table. They really complimented the room well. I took a few seconds to admire the flowers and then went into the hallway where Taemin was waiting for me.

"There's been a little change in plans," he began to say.

"What do you mean?"

"We'll be going somewhere a little bit different than the dorm,"

"So where?"

"That will stay a secret until we  get there." He smirked. I think that actually he is a bit more mysterious than me. I like him showing this side of him to me. 

 

We finally arrived at our destination point. It was a river. I wasn't quite sure what it was called but what I was sure about is that it was one of the most beautiful rivers I had ever seen. It was very blue and clear.

"I have never actually taken you out on a date before. have I?" So this was a date? So were dating now?

"Does this mean were dating?"

"I guess so. Let's go on the boat ride."

"Sure!"

We rented out a small boat for us to ride in, but we would have to canoe ourselves but Taemin volinteered to do that. He's so nice! As we were travelling through the river with our cute little boat, we noticed that there were a lot of couples coming here. The view from the boat was beautiful, especially in the evening when the sun was about to set. It all seemed like a dream, a dream that I could wake up from any second.

"You know, I have always forgot to tell you this."

"What?"

"I know you already know this, or you atleast should, but I have never quite told you: Your beautiful." Hearing those words I felt a lot more warmer inside. I know this was a silly thing to be happy about, but hearing it from him makes it so much more special.

"Thanks, thats so sweet." I told him with a bright smile on my face. We were being silent for a while, but it was a good silent, a peacful one. Whe were both looking at the extrordinary sunset when Taemin finally broke the silence.

"You know, this is the part of the movie where the couple kiss."

"Is that so? I always thought it was at the end of the date when they kissed." I wittingly replied.

"Your not actually going to make me wait that long until I can kiss you, are you?" he wined. It was actually quite cute when he looked at me with those adorible puppy dog eyes. However, I will not give in to him yet.

"Yes I am." I laughed. I liked torturing him. I feel really evil now.

The sun has finally set, and it got a lot darker. We decided to go to a cafe. It was a cute street corner cafe. I guess it was quite a popular place since there were a lot of people there. We bought two milkshakes; I ordered a strawberry one and Taemin ordered Chocolate. He insisted on paying for my milkshake.

"You really don't have to..."

"Yes I do. I've taking you out on a date, It wouldn't be a gentelmanish thing to do, plus it's not that expensive anyway so don't worry."

"Thanks." I told him.

We took our milkshakes and walked around the little town he had taken me to for a little longer. At night time the streets lit up beautifully, it seemed really romantic. We drank our milkshakes and talked about the most random things. We had a good time, until we saw a group of fans running up to us. They pushed me away and were surrounding Taemin now. Why can't they just leave him alone? I know he's an idol and they're all big fans, but I just cant stand being around him when this happens.

I turned my back to the crowd of screaming fans when Taemin appeared in front of me coming out of nowhere. I jumped and slightly gasped but he gestured a finger to his lips signaling to keep quiet.

"Shhh! They will hear us! Let's go!" We started running and found a small narrow allyway we made our way down. We finally stopped running and I gasped for breath.

"Finally, were alone!" I told him, exagerated out of all the running. 

"Which means we can kiss. So, do you want to now?" A cheeky grin spread across his face. Honestly, I wanted to kiss him desperately, but he had to learn to wait. 

"Wait until the end of the date." 

A serious expression covered his face now, and he looked really hot looking at me like that, and I thought I could melt.

"I'm sorry, but I can't wait any longer. I want you now and I wont take a 'no' for an answer." I was backing up to a building's wall but he just got closer and closer. When I finally hit my back against the wall, he raised my chin up with his hand so my face would be facing his. I couldn't wait until his lips touched mine, so I closed my eyes and pearsed my lips. I couldn't feel anything after a couple of seconds so I opened my eyes to find a smirking Taemin. He then said, nearly laughing, "Wait until the end of the date." and then he really burst out laughing. I playfully punched his arm.

"That's for making me look stupid!"

"Sorry, it's fun teasing you! Why, do you WANT me to kiss you now? Your fault for making up stupid rulles."

"You still shouldn't tease me like that, thats just mean!"

"What, you mean like this?" He grabbed my waist and was pulling me towards him so I was pressing up against his chest. He was making his way up and down my body with his hands.

"This is what you mean?" I could feel my cheeks burn more than they ever have before.

"Taemin!" He let me go after a few seconds and grinned out of amusement."Your really enjoying this aren't you?" I asked sarcasticaly.

"Seems like you are too." I turned even redder. "See? I'm right, aren't I?"

"Maybe..." I answered shyly.

"Don't worry, we'll so plenty of this until the end of the date." There's that cheeky grin again.

"Can you stop making me blush?"

"Are you embarrased? That's cute. You'll have to get used to that."

"Let's go now!" I couldn't stand him making me more embarrased than I already was. 

"You wan't to end the date quick enough so I can kiss you?" He laughed again. 

"No, that's not the reason."

"Whatever you say..." He said sarcasticly. I took hold of his hand and lead him through the narrow path.

It was finally the end of the date, It had gotten really dark and I was already late home. My parents must have been really worried. We were right outside my house and Taemin suddenly stopped me on the spot.

"Maybe you could ask your parents if you could sleep over at your frineds Ellie's house and secretly come to mine."

"Taemin!"

"Not to do anything like that! Just to hang out."

"I'm a bit tired, maybe tomorrow?" he looked very unhappy all of a sudden.

"Fine, but this is punishment for making me wait." he pulled me close to him like he did in the alley. My heart was beating so quickly and loudly, I was suprised that he couldn't hear it. "You sure are nervous huh?"

"How could you tell?"

"Your heart's beating fast. I can feel it." Busted. "Don't worry. It's the same with me. Here:" He put one of my hands on his chest where his heart was, and his was beating fast as well.

"Your nervous?" I asked him in disbelief.

"Ofcourse, but I'm only nervous when I'm around you." He smiled sweetly, but before I could smile back he took me in for a long passionate kiss. This one seemed different than the other ones he has given me. It seemed so meaningful. My stomach felt warmer than usual. However, the kiss seemed so short, yet it was long. Every second I wanted him more and more, I don't know what I would do anymore without him.