The incident

If only you knew

With a final huff I push my couch into place. Triumphant I look around my apartment, my hands on my hips. Now this looks much better, it took me five hours, but now that it’s over I feel better. Now I should probably go around the town, and try to familiarize myself to everything. But fear soon kicks in as I’m standing outside my apartment building. I have no idea where I am. How do I even start to walk around, I have absolutely no sense of direction. What if I can’t find my way home again? Helplessly I look around, searching for some kind of beacon of hope to guide me to a safe place. I cannot turn back and sit in my apartment. I have to do this.

“Are you going to move anytime soon?” A snarky voice asks from behind me.

I turn around and I’m greeted by as men would describe it: “The hottest girl in the world”. But if you’d ask me to describe her, I’d call her a “sharp nosed two-faced ” and that would be putting it mildly. I’m not saying this just because of her comment, but her nose is really sharp, and I’m almost certain she could take your eye out with it. For the two faced part, I’m not really sure if she is, but I am getting that vibe from her… call it woman’s intuition. As for the part, uh yeah, she is, and you can tell by the way she dresses. Her shoulders are covered with a fur coat (I’d say made in China even though she says it’s legit), a little black dress, that has a deep V-line, and barely goes until the end of her bum. Her legs are covered with fish net stockings, and she has needle heeled stilettos on. If you’d ask me, I’d say she’s a lady of the night (then again that might just be my mean side coming out again)

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer” She says with a y tone.

“Oh yeah, I do need something to get rid of the flies” I retort, giving her a stink eye.

Before she can even think of a comeback, I walk away. Okay, I can do this, I just need to keep my head straight and concentrate, and I’ll remember this place. It’s as easy as pie!

 

Not even two hours later, I already regretted my confidence. I’m completely lost, people are staring at me strangely (that might have to do with the fact that I punched a guy, who fell against me – but to my defence I did think that I was being attacked) I sit down on a bench, my head in my hands. What should I do? I take out my phone, and select Chanyeol’s number. Should I call him? I don’t want to start leaning on him, just after I met him… Suddenly I hear a familiar voice, I look up and see Luhan standing a few feet from me. I jump up from the bench and tackle hug him.

“Luhan! I’m so glad to see you!” I cry, hugging him tightly.

Luhan’s eyes widen even more, now he kind of looked like a frightened baby deer.

“A-Ally?” He stutters, trying to compose himself.

“I’m lost! I thought I could navigate my way through town, but I can’t, I have no idea how I even got here, and I may have punched a homeless man!” I cry, he pats me on the shoulder and tries to stop himself from laughing.

“You are quite different from the shy girl I met yesterday” He notes, as he leads me through the streets.

“Oh… yeah, uhm… most of the time, I really am like this” I confess rubbing the back of my neck.

He turns to me and smiles widely, “Then you’re the perfect addition to our group… that is if you want to be in a friend circle, where you’re the only girl”

I nod, in all honesty, I liked guy friends more than girl friends, with guys there was less drama, and guys just weren’t as emotional as girls. Also I have been told that I’m like a guy in a girl’s body. I should have taken offence to it, but how could I? It was completely true after all.

Luhan greets me at the building entrance, and I hug him as thanks. I wave goodbye to him and run up to my apartment. Now that I spoke to Luhan I don’t feel that frightened anymore, actually I’m quite excited. I have friends now and I sort of know the area a bit better. Things are starting to look up!

 

Happily I run up the stairs up to my apartment, I’m about to enter my apartment when Chanyeol’s voice calls me from the distance. I look over to where I heard his voice from, and slam my head against my apartment door. Yes, I really am that stupid.

“Motherf-“ I start to curse, but bite my inner cheek as I hear Chanyeol running to my side.

Usually, I wouldn’t care if someone heard my cursing. But I want this guy to like me… I could show him my true colours after we got married, and it was too late for him to change his mind. Hehehe, imagine waking up to him every morning!

“Ally, are you okay?” Chanyeol’s worried voice snaps me back to reality.

I quickly swallow, before I start drooling over my mental pictures of Chanyeol. His warm hand is pressed against the side of my head, and I stare dazedly at him. How can he be so perfect?

“Ally?” Chanyeol frowns at me.

Clearly he was confused as to why I wasn’t saying anything, or maybe I was staring at him creepily?

“Y-yeah…?” I reply, still lost in his dark eyes.

“How hard did you hit your head?” He smiles, clearly amused at how I’m acting.

“Not that hard” I smile, oblivious to the bump forming on my head.

Chanyeol eyes me skeptically, and shakes his head. He probably decided not to question me any further, and also he might have come to the conclusion that I’m a mental case… but who can blame him?

“I actually wanted to know if you want to come over and maybe watch some tv? Since your tv isn’t set up yet…”

Oh my gosh. Us alone in his apartment… maybe we’ll start talking and playfully fight, and then in a moment of – No! STOP THESE THOUGHTS! Self-consciously I wipe my mouth, making sure there was no form of drool in sight.

“I’d like that” I answer, nodding my head vigorously.

 

We walk into his apartment, and I follow his lead, as he sits down on the couch.

“Did you have anything in mind?” Chanyeol smiles

I have been meaning to catch up on some of my dramas… They are so angsty, but damn I can’t stop watching them! Especially since it looks like my shipping might actually happen!

“Would you mind it, if we watched a drama?” I ask, thumbing my hand palm.

Chanyeol’s face lights up in a bright smile.

“I’m so glad that I didn’t have to suggest it! You can never tell anyone that I watch dramas, okay?”

Heart don’t fail me now! I found my husband. This boy doesn’t know it yet, but damn I’m going to marry his !

“I promise!” I grin, fluffing his hair.

I curl myself up into a ball, and avert my attention to the tv.

 

Halfway through the drama, I couldn’t help but watch Chanyeol’s reactions instead. He by far had the best reactions ever. Somehow he made me feel so much happier. Like he was some sort of vitamin, or ray of sunshine. I just met this guy, and now I started wondering how I lived as long without him in my life. My life has never been as wonderful as I wanted it to be, and with my circumstances and past it still isn’t… yet with him, everything seemed perfect. It was like spending time with him, is my momentary escape from my reality.

“I do hope that they end up together” Chanyeol sighs, after the drama ends.

I giggle softly.

“You are such a girl” I tease.

He narrows his eyes at me.

“You’re always going to tease me about this aren’t you?”

I nod my head, with a smug grin plastered across my face.

“Whatcha’ going to do about it?” I grin, sticking my tongue out at him.

He leans toward me and suddenly starts tickling my sides.

“Let’s see how long you’ll be able to maintain that attitude” He challenges.

I flap my arms lamely, trying to break out of his hold. As I wiggle around, my and his hand makes contact. It feels like time stops at that moment. We stare at each other, both too shocked to say anything… and apparently too shocked to move. I think my brain just exploded. I cannot handle this. My stomach starts feeling all fluttery, and I can feel my cheeks change colour. Okay, I can coolly break away from this awkward situation.

 

In one cool move, I slide out of his grip, and with a free , I start to get off of the couch, when my foot hits the side of the coffee table. I stumble forward and before my face plants into his floor. He grabs me and I mean he actually grabs me. I in my breath and close my eyes, trying to compose myself. Tonight is just a bad night for me. I mean if it wasn’t so awkward I guess the whole grab thing would be deemed acceptable. His hands fall to his sides.

“I’m sooo sorry!” He apologizes.

His face redder than mine.

“N-no, it’s okay! I sh-should go…” I stutter, walking backwards.

I exit his apartment and stare at the wall across from me. I have no idea how I should feel about tonight.