Just in time

If only you knew

Chanyeol’s POV:

 

Ally ends the call, before I can beg any further. What’s she going to do? My heart sinks as my imagination takes over. I can’t lose her. I can’t…

 

I look over at Mr.Hudson, he’s been staring at me for quite some time now.

 

“Was that, the disgusting girl?” He sneers

 

Before I can even think, my fist makes contact with his face.

 

“Don’t you dare say anything about Ally” I growl at him.

The moment the driver brakes, I jump out of the car. I start running toward Ally’s mansion, I’m not even sure if it is this way… but I have to do something. I dial Kyungsoo’s number and he immediately answers.

 

“Chanyeol, did she call you?” He asks, his voice dead

 

“Shut up and listen to me. Get Luhan and Kris, and get on the first flight to Seoul. The moment you land you call me, do you understand?”

 

“I do… Is Ally okay?”

 

I end the call. I can’t think like that. I can’t…

 

‘Hemming Estate’ a sign in front of a mansion reads, and I run up the cobble stone pathway, and slam against the front door.

 

A flabbergasted butler opens the door, and I push him out of my way. Where is she? I notice the stairs and sprint up them, taking two steps at a time.

“Ally! Ally?!” I yell, hoping for some sort of reply.

I swing each door open in the hall, and am about to open the last one, when the butler speaks from behind me.

“Sir, I must ask you to leave, or I will be forced to call the authorities”

“What is going on here?” A man asks as he rushes toward us.

I know this guy. He’s the guy from the parking lot. The one who made Ally cry. He grabs a hold of my shoulder.

“Get out or I will call the police”

I grab his hand and twist it.

“How are you going to make a call with a broken hand?” I snarl

I’ve lost any and all sight of my sanity. If I lose her, I don’t think I’ll be able to live anymore. I throw the man backwards, and slam the door open, knocking it off of its hinges.

 

I gasp as I see Ally on the bed. Her face ashen. I stumble toward her.

“Ally?” I cry, shaking her.

Why won’t she wake up? I look down and see some pills in a box. Did she…?

“No… no no no! You can’t do this to me! Ally please!” I hug her tightly to my chest.

I hear the man and butler frantically running around, calling for help. My entire world feels like it’s falling apart.

“Please, open your eyes…”  I beg, my tears staining her face.

“Ally, please wake up! Please…”

 

Ally’s POV:

 

Slowly I open my eyes. Am I dead? No… If I were my body wouldn’t hurt like this. I feel so sick and weak. What happened? I lightly turn my head, taking in my surroundings. I’m in the hospital? I notice something moving next to me, and I turn my head toward it. I gasp as I see three worried faces looking at me. Luhan falls down on me, sobbing hard.

“Ally! I was so worried” He cries, tightening his hug.

Kyungsoo sits quietly next to me, his hand on mine.

“How do you feel?” Kyungsoo asks, giving me a warm smile.

“Do you need anything?” Kris asks, peaking over Kyungsoo and Luhan.

“Guys… how did you know-?” I ask, unsure of how to finish my question.

I expectantly look around for Chanyeol, but he’s nowhere to be found. Didn’t he care? Then again I can’t expect him to come all the way here, just because of my desperate cry for help. My room’s door swings open, and Chanyeol walks in. His face is filled with rage, and he glares at the others.

“Get. Out. Now” He growls.

Kyungsoo opens his mouth to argue, but Chanyeol closes the distance between them, and bends his face down to meet Kyungsoo on his eye level.

“Did I stutter?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen and he takes a step back.

“Chanyeol… Ally has had a rough ti-“ Luhan starts.

Chanyeol turns to him.

“Should I go book you a bed in the intensive unit?”

Kris grabs Luhan and Kyungsoo and pulls them out of the room. He turns and gives Chanyeol a meaningful look, before closing the door behind him.

 

I swallow loudly, as I watch Chanyeol. I’ve never seen him like this. It’s scary.

“What the hell were you thinking?” He hisses, his eyes narrowing at me.

“I…” My voice disappears.

“Did you even think? Or were you so caught up in yourself that you didn’t take time to think about what you were doing to everyone who cares about you? Did you even consider what you were doing to me? Do you know how worried I was?” He fumes, his anger turning into hurt.

“Chanyeol, I’m-“

“You’re sorry? Oh yeah I heard that already. But guess what, I don’t accept your apology. How can I accept the fact that you wanted to kill yourself?”

I close my eyes, blinking back my tears. How can I tell him, why I did it?

“So please! Do tell me why you had to off yourself” He growls, slapping the ‘get well soon’ balloon that one of the guys brought out of the way.

“My… my stepdad…” I can’t say it.

“What about him?”

“He…” I look into Chanyeol’s eyes, searching for a way out, but Chanyeol’s face remains cold.

“What. Did. He. Do?” Chanyeol repeats through gritted teeth.

Suddenly the reality of it all hits me and I burst out in tears. Chanyeol’s arms encircle me, and I hear the door swing open.

“I told you not to be too hard on her!” Luhan cries.

 

I feel Chanyeol’s arms leaving me, and being replaced with Luhan’s.

“I have to go somewhere” Chanyeol murmurs.

I gently nudge Luhan out of the way.

“Please don’t leave me…” I beg, outstretching my hand toward him.

Chanyeol smiles gently at me and steps back toward me. He takes my hand in his and softly kisses me.

“I won’t ever leave you again, I promise”

 

Holy cracker. Did he just kiss me? Oh my gosh. I think I’m having a heart attack. . I survive overdosing, but die because of a kiss? Aren’t I just pathetic?

“Breathe” Luhan whispers in my ear.

I watch Chanyeol walk out of the room, and look questioningly at the others. Luhan shakes his head to show that he has no idea where he’s going, and Kyungsoo won’t meet my eyes.

“Do you remember what I said…?” He whispers softly.

My eyebrows knit together. What he said? My eyes widen. The phone call…

“Kyung… Kyunggie… I need time to figure everything out”

He smiles warmly at me, hiding his disappointment.

 

Chanyeol’s POV:

 

I walk out of Ally’s room, and turn toward the waiting room.

“I’m going to beat the out of that son of a ” I growl, bawling my fist.

The moment I heard the doctors saying that there were traces of assault on Ally, I knew why she did it. I just didn’t know who. I feel terrible for pushing her like that, but I had to know who. I see him in the parking lot and run toward him.

“You’re Ally’s friend right?” He smiles at me.

I raise my fist and slam it into his face. He falls onto the ground, and I sit on top of him, pinning him against the tarmac.

“Don’t say anything” I growl menacingly.

“If you ever come near Ally again, if you ever contact her again, I will hunt you down, and break every single bone in your body, got it?”

He opens his mouth to say something, but I slam my hand over his hand, making his teeth clatter against each other.

“And I’m not the only one, those three guys in her room, will help me. We will destroy everything you hold dearest to you.” I threaten him.

I pat his shoulder, and smile smugly at him.

“I would disappear if I were you”

With that final sentence still hanging in the air, I turn around and walk back to the hospital. To be honest, I would love it if he did cross me, I’d enjoy beating him up. But I know Ally wouldn’t want that, not because she doesn’t want him to get hurt, but I know it would be because she wouldn’t want anything to happen to me, or the others.

 

Ally’s POV:

 

While Luhan and Kyungsoo worry over me, and fluff my pillows, I notice Kris staring at the door. He looks over at us, and sees me looking at him. He waves at me and then disappears out of the room. I look after him. Is he going to go to Chanyeol? I nudge Luhan with my elbow.

“Lu, follow Kris” I whisper, so that Kyungsoo won’t hear.

Luhan looks at me in confusion.

“Please, I think there’s something wrong with Chanyeol, just go check”

He nods in understanding, shoots a quick glans between me and Kyungsoo, and mouths tell me everything before dashing out of the room.

 

Kyungsoo and I sit in awkward silence for quite some time. I have no idea what I should say to him. He confessed his love for me, and now… I don’t know what’s happening between me and Chanyeol. Do I even have feelings for Kyungsoo? I mean, I do love him, but do I in a romantic way? Sure he is the type of guy that I would date… but all the guys are.

“You know I meant every word, I said that day” Kyungsoo whispers, a tiny smile on his face.

“I know…”

“But you don’t feel the same, I know”

“Kyung, it’s just…”

“You love Chanyeol, you always have, ever since you met him” He sighs, looking at the ceiling.

“How about this, you can always be my secret lover” I grin mischievously at him.

A wide smile spreads across his face, and he erupts in laughter.

“So I’ll be your mistress?”

I nod, my face set in mock seriousness.

“Of course!”

He lies down next to me, his fingers intertwining with mine.

“I’d rather not want to be on Chanyeol’s bad side” He grins.

“Kyung, was he that angry because of me?” I whisper, my heart sinking at the thought.

“Honestly, I have no idea. All I know is that I’ve never seen him like that before” He replies.

He must have seen my worried expression, because he curled his arm around me, and kissed my forehead.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure he was just really worried about you”