Kyungsoo’s parents

If only you knew

“This is ridiculous!” I whine, stepping out of the dressing room.

“You almost look like a girl right now” Kris teases, patting me on the head.

I punch his shoulder and stick my tongue out at him.

“And there you go and ruin it” He sighs, pushing me back into the dressing room.

I put my clothes on again, and go pay for all the clothes. Kyungsoo told me that he’d pay me back for all the clothes I bought after the week is done, and he better, because after this little shopping spree I’m broke.

“When we get home, you have wear that floral dress, and do your hair and makeup” Kris orders, as we drive back home.

I grumble in response and look out of the window. How is it possible that guys are making me more girly than my other girl friends made me?

 

Groaning I enter my room, and toss my clothes onto the bed.

“Stop your groaning and get dressed!” Kris calls through my door.

I glare at my door. Like this was fun for me. Does he think I want to look like one of those girls? I pull my clothes off and throw the dress on. Ugh, what a pain. I brush my thick chocolate brown hair, and curl the ends. I apply a thin line of eyeliner and a light brown eye shadow, to give off a natural look and to make my green eyes pop more. Wobbily I walk out of my room, still not used to high heels.

“Woooow” Kris whispers, a huge grin spread across his face.

He walks closer to me, and tugs at my dress here and there.

“I think I actually turned you into a girl” He laughs, his face full of triumph.

I shoot him a dirty look. Honestly he makes it sound like I don’t even look like a girl! Ugh, I can only imagine what the others are going to say when they see me… I wonder what Chanyeol will say? Is he going to like it? Not that it matters… it’s obvious that he has no feelings for me whatsoever.

I walk out of the building and notice Kyungsoo looking out into the distance.

“Kyung… are you okay?”

He turns around and his mouth falls open, his eyes widen and he just stares at me.

“Al? Y-You look s-so…”

I roll my eyes, acting annoyed even though his reaction causes me to blush.

“I look like a girl, I get it”

He shakes his head, still gaping at me.

“No… I mean you look beautiful”

My blush darkens upon hearing these words. He grins at my reaction and links my arm with his.

“Are you ready to meet my parents?”

I nod my head, and flash him a devilish grin.

 

We stand in front of his apartment door for about 20 minutes. Kyungsoo’s hands start to shake and he gives me a panicked look.

“Al… what if they know it’s a lie?”

“I’ll make sure they believe us” I smile at him encouragingly.

I step closer to him and take his hand in mine.

“Kyung, you’re one of my best friends and I’ll do everything in my power to help you”

He looks into my eyes and hugs me tightly.

“Thank you” He whispers softly.

 

I greet his parents and his sister and her fiancé. His father takes me in as family almost immediately, but his mother still keeps her distance. His sister on the other hand down right hates me. My feelings toward her seem to be mutual since she reminds me of her. The mere thought of that woman infuriates me, how can he possibly like her?!

“Honey, are you okay?” Kyungsoo asks, patting my leg.

I snap back to reality. Damn it, why can’t I just keep my mind off of Chanyeol? I look at Kyungsoo apologetically. I’m here for him, no one else, so my thoughts should only be about him.

I stand up and walk into the kitchen. Now I have to pretend like I’m some kind of house wife. I can barely cook! Suddenly Kyungsoo’s mother appears next to me.

“Need help?” She smiles.

Ah she finally started to warm up to me. Maybe I’m quite loveable after all?
“Oh no, you’re a guest, I can’t expect that of you” I smile at her brilliantly.

She waves me off and starts boiling the kettle.

“Now while we’re here… tell me is my Kyungie good to you?”

I nod immediately.

“He’s my best friend”

It isn’t like I’m lying to her. Honestly Kyung… I mean Kyungie (oh I will torture him with it later) is one of the best friends I’ve ever had.

 

I say goodbye to Kyungsoo’s parents, and they pull me into a hug. Gushing about how pretty their soon-to-be daughter in law is. I feel myself blushing again, how is it possible that they like me this much? Kyungsoo takes me home and gives me a big hug and peck on the cheek.

“Honestly Al, I have no idea what I’d do without you”

I squeeze him a little and relax.

“Kyungie, I’ll always be there for you, okay?”

He a deep blush colours his face, the moment I use my newly adopted nickname for him. He grins at me and then waves goodbye as he rushes back home.