A desperate plea for help

If only you knew

I’m not entirely sure why he wanted to do this, but I guess somehow it would help him answer my question on why it bothered him that Kyungsoo and I were “dating”, or maybe it was because he wasn’t even sure why it bothered him. All I do know is that we were now walking under the moonlight over lover’s bridge, his hand was holding mine tightly. I couldn’t help but smile, I knew it was wrong of me to do this because he was seeing someone else… but how can I not do this?

“Let’s just stand here” Chanyeol murmurs, pulling me toward the railing.

The cool breeze blows over us, and I close my eyes, leaning against Chanyeol’s shoulder. How can something that feels so right be so wrong? My fingers intertwine with his, and suddenly the world feels like it’s finally making sense. Like this is the moment I’ve been waiting for my whole life. Chanyeol slings his arm around my shoulder and he turns me toward him. His warm eyes fixed on mine, and his face bending down toward mine. His soft warm lips burn against mine, and his arms pull me closer to him, his kiss becoming more intense by the second.

“What the hell is going on here?” A snarky voice sneers from behind us.

I break away from the kiss and spin around, immediately my heart drops to my stomach. That woman was standing right behind us, her accusing gaze moving between me and Chanyeol. I look at Chanyeol and then at my feet. Who am I kidding? I’ll never be able to compete with her…

“Nothing” I mutter, and start to walk away from them.

But she grabs my arm and rips me back toward her. Her nails digging into my arm. Tears threaten to appear, and I furiously blink them back. I won’t show my pain in front of her. I won’t let her have the satisfaction of seeing that.

“Let her go” Chanyeol orders, stepping forward to help me.

She looks at Chanyeol, her face full of anger and then she looks back at me, a smirk appearing on her face. She lifts her hand and it makes contact with my cheek. A burning sensation spreads across my cheek and a yelp escapes my lips. She leans forward, her lips close to my ear.

“He will never love you, as long as I am here” She whispers, her voice full of satisfaction.

She lifts her hand again, but this time it’s to show off the diamond on her finger.

“Besides, soon he’ll never be able to go out with another woman again”

Embarrassed and hurt I pull my arm from her grip and run from them.

“You better keep running” She yells after me.

I bawl my fist, if only I could punch her… but he loves her, so I can’t do that. Chanyeol calls me, but I shake my head, I can’t turn around now. I can’t let him see how much this is hurting me. Warm salty tears run down my cheeks, and I furiously wipe them away, but soon I give up and just let them go. He’s marrying that ? After everything… How can he possibly love such a terrible person? I take my phone out and dial Kyungsoo’s number, but hang up before it rings, he’s probably with his family, and I don’t think I can act right now. I stare at my contacts, why does Luhan have to be away on business right now! With a sigh I go to his number. I never thought I’d ever call him.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey Kris! It’s Ally… I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?”

 

It felt so weird to be calling Kris like this. All we ever did alone was shopping, and there wasn’t really much talking when we did it.

 

“Oh Al! Yeah… I mean sure, wanna come over to my place?”

 

Kris’ place? Oh my gosh… I’ve never even seen his place. I wonder what it’ll be like, I’m guessing it’ll be really simple, and modern? I mean that’s kind of his style.

 

“Sure! I’ll see you in a few then!”

 

  • Click –

 

Hurriedly I run into my apartment and grab two bottles of wine. I’m not entirely sure if he’ll drink the wine, since Luhan and I usually drink it together, but hey I have to discover things about him like this. As I walk down the stairs, I hear Chanyeol’s voice, and my heart drops. I can’t face him… I desperately look for a place to hide and notice the storage room’s door is open. Quickly I jump into the room and peak through the door gap and watch Chanyeol walk past. He stops in front of my apartment door and lifts his hand to knock, but right before his hand touches the door he freezes. His hand drops to his side and he walks into his apartment. Are we going to be avoiding each other like this from now on?

 

I buzz Kris’ doorbell and in an instant the door is opened for me. My nose filled with a sweet honey scent. Kris invites me in and takes my coat. His expression satisfied upon seeing that I’m wearing one of the dresses he told me to buy.

“You look amazing” He grins

And that’s when it happened. Without any warning I burst into tears.

“Al?! What’s wrong?” Kris asks, his arms encircling me and pulling me into a hug.

“Nothing… I’m just being an idiot” I smile.

But Kris doesn’t buy it, instead he grabs his jacket and puts my coat on for me.

“We’re going out tonight” He informs me, and pulls me after him.

If I knew Kris would handle things by not talking about it, I should’ve called him a lot sooner. Sure telling Luhan how sad and angry my feelings for Chanyeol makes me does help, but it doesn’t make me feel better. But walking through town, doing photoshoots, eating everything in sight, it really does help with taking my mind off of things.

 

“It’s about Chanyeol isn’t it?” Kris asks, as we take our corndogs from the vendor.

I look at him in shock. How does everyone know about my feelings for Chanyeol? Is it seriously that obvious?!

“Look, you should tell him. But if you can’t then you should avoid him until your feelings go away”

I stop mid-step. Kris is right. Everyone keeps on telling me to do this. But how can I stay away from Chanyeol? He’s my best friend. I miss not being able to be myself around him. I miss him even though I saw him a while ago… but I can’t tell him either.

“How can I? It’s not that easy”

Kris slings his arm around me.

“That’s why you have me, Kyungsoo and Luhan, we’ll always be here for you”

I hug Kris tightly, burying my face in his chest.

“Thank you so much”

He pats my head, and cradles my face in his hands.

“Al, how about we go clubbing?”

Clubbing? I’ve never even been in a club since… I suppose it’s time for me to go see some clubs again.

“Sure, but where?”

Kris takes my hand in his.

“There’s a club in the city nearby, we’ll be there in 20 minutes”

Ah yeah, I guess I should’ve expected it to be so far away.

“Are we going to invite the others, or will it just be us?”

“Just us” Kris winks at me.

 

I shift around in my seat. I didn’t even know Kris had a car. I didn’t even think that he makes so much money with his photography business. Kris looks over at me and smiles at me. Honestly I always thought he was a bit of an a-hole. But now, I actually like him. Once you get to know him, you’ll see that his cold guy appearance is just fake and that he’s a complete lovable idiot inside.

“Have you been to a club before?”

I nod my head. Hell I’ve been to more than I’d like to mention. But that chapter of my life is over. This is only because I have to forget Chanyeol for tonight.

“Al… am I right, when I say that you weren’t always like this before you moved here?”

My eyes meet Kris’. He’s sharper than I thought.

“Well, everyone has their phases” I answer

He nods his head, but his eyes still study me for a while.

 

 The car comes to a stop and I look at the building in front of me. The neon lights above the door beckon passers-by to enter it. The building pulsates from the booming music. All my hard work will be gone once I enter this place. Maybe I’m meant to be a screw up? My phone vibrates against my leg and I take it out and see that Chanyeol has called me again. I switch my phone off and walk into the club. Screw him. Screw her. I don’t care about them nor do I want to listen to his apologies. I swerve through the sweaty bodies, and find my way to a booth, Kris on my tail. He grabs us drinks and joins me at the booth.

“I know alcohol isn’t always the best remedy, but sometimes it helps you get over things…”

I shake my head, he can’t possibly be rethinking coming here.

“I need this. I have to put things in perspective”

“Al… just don’t do anything you’ll regret okay?”

I nod and give Kris a reassuring smile. I wish I could be genuine, but I know being in here was already something I was going to regret. But this used to get my through things back then, so I’ll do this once again. One last time. I down my drink and head for the dance floor.

 

I grab a random guy and smile at him seductively. I used to do this back home. I didn’t think that it would be this easy to revert back to my old self, after all that hard work… but I guess the old me is the only me. People liked me more back then, I got the guys I wanted back then. I wasn’t slapped by some sharp-nosed- back then.  I take the drink the man hands me and down it one shot. Tonight I’m going to show everyone who I really am. I push a guy against the wall and start kissing him. I tear at his shirt and run my one hand up his chest. I could have any guy, so why do I want Chanyeol? The man turns us around, and pulls me out of the clubs backdoor, his hands nimbly pulling my clothing off.

“Let go of her” A ferocious voice snaps behind me.

The man loosens his grip on my dress, and it sags back down onto my thighs. My vision is blurrier, and I try to make out who was walking toward us.

“Beat it” The man growls.

Suddenly a force moves past me and slams the man against the wall.

“Touch this girl again, and I will break your hands”

I look up at Kris, his face is filled with rage, and it looks like he might actually kill this guy. The man breaks out of Kris’ hold and throws a punch. Kris staggers backward, and smashes his knee into the man’s stomach.

“Do not aggravate me boy” He hisses.

His arm holding the man in a head lock, I stare at Kris. Why would he go through this just to keep me from doing something I might regret? A few other men stagger out of the club and they stop at the sight of Kris and the man. Kris drops the man, and backs away from the man. This could become really dangerous. Kris grabs hold of me, and tows me away from the men, before anything else can happen.

 

“Al, let’s go” Kris orders, his arm around my waist.

I wiggle out of his arms, and fall back onto the pavement.

“I’m not going!” I screech.

My vision completely blurry. I feel like I’m drifting. Nothing seems real. I can barely keep my head straight.

“Stop acting like a spoilt brat” Kris grumbles.

He tries to lift me up, but I push him away.

“Leave me alone!”

Warm tears streak down my cheeks, and I fall down onto my knees. My entire world is crumbling down. My palms press against my forehead, and I let it all out. How can I go on? The love of my life is marrying another woman…

“Al…” Kris whispers, his pulls me into a comforting hug.

I clutch onto his chest, my body shaking uncontrollably. I’ve suffered heartbreaks before, but never like this. I thought I’d never be able to love someone as much as I love Chanyeol. I knew love would hurt you in the end… why didn’t I stop this sooner?

“Let’s go home”

Kris picks me up and carries me to the car. The entire trip home we’re silent. I’m thankful that I’m with him. This way I don’t have to talk about it…