Drinking Buddies

If only you knew

“Hey! Ally!” Chanyeol calls me from across the hall.

Finally after weeks of awkward small talk and encounters, we’re able to talk to each other normally. We both decided not to mention the whole incident either, since it would only make things even more awkward than it already is.

“Do you have any plans tonight?” Chanyeol asks, jogging toward me.

Is he asking me out? OMG! He’s asking me out! Keep cool, you don’t even want to go out with him that badly anyway. Ugh who am I kidding obviously I want to go out with him. I mean just look at him!

“So, are you up for it?” Chanyeol asks, smiling hopefully at me. Wait… up for what? See this is why I shouldn’t zone out!

Slowly I start to nod, “Yeah!” I reply, my voice laced with fake enthusiasm.

Worst case scenario is that this isn’t really a date, or I’m going to be murdered. I can’t really see that happening, so I might as well go with him!

 

With an idiotic smile, I change my clothes. I sit in front of the mirror and curl my hair. Usually I wouldn’t be prettying myself up as much, but I mean, for Chanyeol… I really want to. There’s a knock on my door and I’m greeted by a smiling Chanyeol.

“Shall we go?” Chanyeol asks me with a reassuring smile.

I walk closer to him as we go through an unlit alleyway. There’s a rustling sound behind me, and I slam myself into Chanyeol, seeking some kind of sanctuary in his arms. He chuckles softly, peeling me off of him.

“It’s just a cat, don’t worry” He grins, but he can see that I’m unnerved by the shock, so he takes my hand in his.

“Will this make you feel a little safer?” He asks, his eyes filled with warmth.

I nod and gratefully cling onto him.

 

Finally we make it out of the alleyway, and walk toward a table where Kyungsoo, Luhan and Kris were waiting for us. Great, so it wasn’t a date after all… I shake my head. I can think about this later, for now I should just be happy that I have some friends to spend time with, instead of sitting alone in my apartment.

“Ally!” Luhan grins at me, and hugs me tightly.

“Hey Al, Luhan tells us that you’re not as shy as you led as to believe when we first met you” Kyungsoo winks at me, with a teasing smile.

I grin mischievously at Kyungsoo, “Oh, you have no idea”

“Down tiger” Chanyeol laughs, leading me to the two empty seats.

He sits in between me and Kyungsoo. Which did actually make me a little happy, that has to mean something right?

“You know Ally, you would look prettier if you dressed a little girlier” Kris comments his face serious.

I look up at him, clicking my tongue in annoyance. “I’m not going to dress up like some preppy girl, just to get a guy to notice me”

“I think she looks pretty enough as it is” Chanyeol defends me, and I smile at him gratefully.

“And she is kind of like one of the guys” Luhan adds.

One of the guys? Was that a good or bad thing? Sure, I’ve always seen myself as one of the guys, but I’ve never had a boyfriend either… maybe Kris is right? If I dress more girly, would I be able to capture a guy’s… actually Chanyeol’s attention?

 

“You zone out quite a lot” Chanyeol whispers to me, and I blink a few times.

Realizing that the conversation had already moved over to gaming. I turn my head to Chanyeol,

“I didn’t think it was so noticeable” I reply, my face slightly pinker.

“Maybe it’s because I’m just observant?” Chanyeol smiles.

“Or maybe you just enjoy watching me” I tease, sticking my tongue out at him.

“Maybe I do” He chuckles, petting my head.

Usually a guy would pet his little sister’s head… does he think of me as a sister? Ugh that would just ruin everything!

 

“Yo, Al, do you play any games?” Kris asks me.

Before I can answer Kyungsoo interrupts me, “Of course she plays! I saw some of her games while helping her move” I nod vigorously, there’s no way I’m even going to deny it.

“What do you wear when you play games?” Luhan asks, his eyes sparkling mischievously.

I was soooo wrong when I compared him to a deer, this guy isn’t innocent or pure at all!

“Sweats” I answer, chomping on a nacho.

“Ah… well, you’re like a guy, so that doesn’t mean other girls are like that…” Luhan whines, trying to salvage the fantasy I had destroyed.

“I have to admit, you might actually be a perfect fit for the group” Kris grins at me.

“Oh really? Am I officially part of your circle now?” I ask, trying to hide my joy.

“Well… you will be, but first you have to pass a test” Luhan answers, waving the waiter to our table. My forehead creases. A test? I look at Chanyeol for some explanation, but he grins at me devilishly, as Luhan puts an entire bottle of vodka in front of me.

“If you can hold your alcohol better than one of us, you will officially be part of the group” Kris explains, a daring smile now on his lips.

 

A smug smile crosses my lips. This will be a piece of cake.

“Bring it on” I answer cockily.

“Oooh, feisty” Chanyeol laughs, pouring vodka into five shooter glasses.

“1… 2… 3… DOWN!” Kris orders, and instantly five shooter glasses are emptied.

 We go 5 more rounds, and I can feel myself becoming happier, and much braver. Something these fools didn’t know: is that once I start drinking I can complete any challenge. Even if said challenge will result in my death…. Why hasn’t anyone ever held an intervention about my drinking? Kris and Chanyeol are the only ones who still seem to be sober, Luhan and Kyungsoo on the other hand are giggling crazily and their noses are bright red. We keep going until the bottle is empty. None of us are ready to admit defeat. My head bobs side to side, but I won’t give up.

“R-ready to (hic) give up?” I slur, pointing in Luhan’s general direction.

“Pfft, honey, I’ll school you in drinking” Luhan laughs (I think he said that… actually all I really heard was honey, school and drinking)

“F-fight!” Kyungsoo chants, pumping his fist in the air.

“Chya, bring it” I slur, almost falling over as I get out of my seat.

 Luhan and I stumble toward each other, and flimsily start slapping each other. I slap Luhan’s neck and start crying,

“I’m sorry!”, I cry, hugging him.

He hugs me tightly as he starts crying,

“N-no (hic) it’s my fault!” Luhan cries.

 

“Come on Rambo” Chanyeol laughs as he picks me up. I flail around in his arms.

“L-Luhan!” I cry, extending my arm toward him.

“N-no! Ally… being kidnapped!” Luhan cries, sitting on the ground, tears running down his cheeks.

“G-give her (hic) back!” Kyungsoo shouts, speed walking after us, but soon he stumbles into some tables, and Kris picks him up.

 

I lie down on Chanyeol’s couch, Luhan and Kyungsoo protectively wrapped around me. Still frightened that I’ll be abducted again. Kris and Chanyeol sit across from us, watching us with amused expressions. Kris is holding some silver machine thingy in his hand. I look at it in amazement, “That a camera?” I mumble to Kyungsoo.

He lifts his head, “Recording?” He asks.

“In a movie?” Luhan giggles.

 

And that’s pretty much all I can remember.