The kiss

If only you knew

I wake up with a throbbing headache. Kyungsoo is now sprawled on the ground and Luhan is lying across my stomach and his arms and head draped over the side of the couch.

“Is he even alive?” I whisper, trying to feel for a pulse.

“Don’t worry, I already checked” Chanyeol whispers next to me.

Embarrassed I look up at him.

“You passed the test, by the way” He grins, handing me some coffee.

“I told you I could” I whisper triumphantly, sipping my coffee.

I feel like hell. I’m never drinking again I swear.

 

Now more sober and a little less hung over, Luhan, Kyungsoo and I sit and watch the video Kris took of us last night. At one point Kyungsoo had gotten into a fight with the now completely destroyed plant that usually stood next to the couch. Not that it was his fault, because clearly the plant had stolen his beer… at least that was what we thought last night. Luhan had also threatened to stab Chanyeol’s tv, because it was using some kind of witchcraft to trap those people in it, I started to cry because of this and wanted to call the police. I hide my face in embarrassment, when I heard that I told Chanyeol about what I was thinking the day I had met him. I really hate drunk me.

“We’re never drinking again” Luhan whines, as we clean up Chanyeol’s apartment.

“Never again” I agree. Kyungsoo merely nods, his jaw still too sore to move (at one point of his fight with the plant, he managed to punch himself on the mouth).

 

The rest of the day we all laze around, unable to bring ourselves to do anything. Chanyeol sits next to me, handing me remedies for my hang over. Sadly of course, I became too sick and even had to run for the toilet. Just as I start to become sick, Chanyeol grabs my hair out of my face.

“I never should have let you drink” He whispers, pulling me up from the ground, he sets me down on the counter and cleans my face.

“I’ll get your toothbrush, okay?” He says, as he brushes my hair behind my ear. “And I’m letting you sleep here tonight, or I’ll sleep at your place, but I’m not leaving you alone like this” He promises, giving me a warm smile.

I sink down on Chanyeol’s bed, he didn’t want me to sleep on the couch again, since it would be too uncomfortable with Luhan and Kyungsoo sleeping there too. He sits across from me, his face still filled with concern. I doze off easily and soon my dreams are filled with Chanyeol, I can’t remember what they were all about, all I know is that they were the best dreams I ever had.

 

I wake up, still in a daze. Luckily my hangover seems to be completely gone. Man I am never drinking again! Ah who am I kidding, of course I’ll drink again… I swing my legs out of bed and take in my surroundings, there’s a picture of a young boy being embraced by his parents I guess. I walk closer to the photo, and pick it up.

“So cute” I gush, realizing that the young boy is Chanyeol.

He looks so happy, I guess Chanyeol’s always been smiling. That is his charm after all. Being a bright ray of sunshine. My bright ray of sunshine. I walk out of the room, peering around the corner, and notice Chanyeol sprawled across the sofa. His mouth open and lightly snoring. I waddle closer to him, and softly pull the blanket over him. My hand brushing his fringe back. He truly is handsome.

“Ally…”

Wide eyed I stare at him. Is he dreaming about me? I sit down on the edge of the sofa. He’s going to say something else right? I mean how can he not? I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HE’S DREAMING! I lean closer to him.

“Yes?” I ask sweetly.

I read that sometimes you can converse with people who are sleeping, so why not give it a try? Damnit, it doesn’t look like he’s going to say anything else.

“Stop it”

Stop what? What am I doing… better yet what am I doing to him? Why is his face so flushed? Oh my gosh! Is he having one of those dreams? Heehee he’s having a dirty dream about me! Suddenly Chanyeol’s eyes open, and with a squeak I jump off of the couch and fall face first onto the floor.

“Ally? Are you okay?”

Embarrassed, I sit up and brush my hair out of my face.

“Y-yeah of course!” I answer, getting to my feet. Oh smooth Ally, now he thinks I watch him sleep… wait I did. Holy crap I’m a creep! Well I can kiss our friendship goodbye, then again if he thinks I’m a complete creep, shouldn’t I just go all the way and kiss him? No that could be ual assualt…

“Uhh, what could be ual assualt?”

Oh . Seriously? Did I just say that out loud?

“N-nothing” I shake my head.

I look up and our eyes meet, the moment his eyes meet mine, he looks away, a dark flush colouring his cheeks.

“So I heard you say my name… what was that about?”

Chanyeol in his breath and it looks like he’s about to die of embarrassment.

“Why were you watching me sleep?” He asks, clearly avoiding my question.

I scrunch up my nose.

“I asked you first!”

“So you’re not denying the fact that you watched me sleep?”

I bite the inside of my cheek. He does think I’m a creep doesn’t he?

“Only because you kept my name!”

Okay, yes I may have exaggerated the part, but it’s not like he would know!

Chanyeol’s eyes bulge and he clamps his mouth shut. A flash of regret crossing his face. Great, now I’m probably going to be the reason for his suicide.

 

Out of nowhere, a smirk appears on his lips.

“Do you want to know what happened in my dream?”

Why was he like this? It was obvious that he didn’t want me to know, why would he tell me now? His hands press down on the coffee table behind me. I’m trapped between his arms. His face inching closer and closer to mine.

“It’s sooo dirty” He whispers.

His face lit with amusement. I try to wiggle away from him. My heart pounding against my chest. Butterflies fluttering wildly in my stomach. My palms sweaty, my face heating up. What should I do? What should I say? My brain freezes as his lips almost touch mine. No. No. He won’t kiss me will he? Is he going to show me what we did? No. No he won’t, right? Warm soft lips press down against mine, as I try to escape from him. I feel myself melting upon his touch and I start losing myself. Oh gosh I cannot do this! With a small squeak I break out of his trap, and stumble toward the front door. I fly out into the hallway and seek sanctuary in my apartment.

 

My hands shake uncontrollably as I slide down against my door. My legs unable to support me any longer. Does he like me? Could he possibly like me? A fangirl scream comes out of my mouth and I slap my legs in excitement. I jump up and dance around my apartment. HE KISSED ME! I pull out my phone and slam Luhan’s number in.

 

“Hello~?”

 

“OMG! LUHAN HE KISSED ME! HE FRICKEN KISSED ME!!!” I shout into my phone, unable to contain my delight.

 

“WHAAAAT!!! Wait, who?”

 

Oh . I never told Luhan. Argh, I told Luhan everything except that.

 

“Al? You still there?”

 

“Y-yeah, uhm so it’s just the guy I like kissed me”

 

“CHANYEOL KISSED YOU?!”

 

Wait, he knows that I like Chanyeol? Is it that obvious? Or did I tell Luhan that I like him? No, I don’t think I did. Then again my memory is pretty bad, so I may have told him and then forgotten about it…

 

“HANG ON I’LL BE RIGHT OVER!”

 

And just like that, Luhan hung up on me. Would he really come all the way over here just to hear about the kiss? Maybe Luhan could be like my best girl friend, except he’d be a guy.

 

There’s a rapid knock on my door and I stagger toward it. Wow, Luhan did not lie when he said he’d be right over. My door is barely open when Luhan pushes past me, a box of wine in hand. Nooooo! Why would he bring wine! We swore that we weren’t going to drink again!

“We don’t have to drink just yet, but this is for later” Luhan informs me

He takes my hand in his and leads me toward the sofa.

“Now tell me everything!”

I look down at my hands, in my breath, and proceed to tell him everything.

 

“So he kissed you out of his own?”

Luhan looks at me for a while, and then shakes his head.

“I guess he broke up with Rachel”

Rachel? Who the hell is Rachel? Luhan notices my frown and chuckles softly.

“Rachel is his girlfriend… I mean ex? They’ve been dating ever since I met him. But they never looked happy together. Well he didn’t. Honestly I don’t even know why he dated her, she’s not his type”

I stare at Luhan. Did he break up with her? What if the kiss was an accident?

“Look, we’re going to be having a party soon, so then we’ll know if he broke up with her, okay?” Luhan smiles.