The first meeting

If only you knew

“Are you ting me?!” I screech furiously.

 I had paid the moving company so much, and they don’t even have the decency to carry my stuff up to my apartment? Oh no, it would be too much, let’s just leave her stuff in front of the building. Yeah such a small girl, with absolutely no trace of muscles, will be able to carry her stuff up to the 5th floor!

“Thank you so much !” I shout, stomping toward my stuff. “Next time I see them, I’m shoving my foot up someone’s ” I grumble, carrying a box up to my apartment.

I let the box fall down onto the wooden floor. My arms already numb.

“I knew I should’ve started exercising” I whine, slouching back down the stairs.

Only after a few rounds of running up and down the stairs, I could already feel it taking a toll on me. This is why I should’ve actually gymed instead of creepily walking through the gym, looking at guys.  I flop down on my couch outside of the building. I don’t even care if people look at me strangely. I need some rest, my arms are about to fall off, and I think my legs won’t work anymore.

After managing to regain some energy, I start to move my couch up the stairs. Grunts fly out of my mouth every time I push it up the stairs. A pain shoots through my foot, and I lose my balance. I tumble down the steps, and the couch slides after me. I slam against the wall and the couch against me.

“Ugghh” I grunt, completely pinned against the wall.

“Holy crap! Miss, are you okay?” A voice calls from somewhere and suddenly, the couch’s weight disappears.

 And I flop down on my stomach, my lungs gratefully air in again. The most beautiful face appears in front of me, and at that moment I know that I’ve died, the angel looks at me worriedly, his dark eyes fixed on mine. His jet black hair messily framing his face. It’s quite sad really, I mean death by couch, isn’t really the way I wanted to go… and it was so soon. I died alone. My bottom lip starts to quiver, my life is so sad!

 

“Whoa, are you hurt?” The angel asks, his face filled with worry.

I shake my head, it’s not like I can feel pain when I’m dead.

“Come on, let me take you to your place” He whispers.

He helps me up, and supports me with his arm. Is this it? Do I just go to heaven like this? Where is the bright light? Oh no! I’m going to hell aren’t I? I know I wasn’t always the nicest person… but I didn’t think that I was so bad…

“Where’s your apartment?” The angel asks.

Does it matter? Oh wait, maybe my apartment door is the doorway to the afterlife? Yeah I think that might be it.

“514” I reply.

“Oh! So you’re my new neighbour?” He smiles at me brightly.

Angels have neighbours? Am I going to become an angel too? We stop in front of my place.

“Wait, you just moved in right… let’s go to my place, I’ll give you some ice for your leg” He offers, he types in his room code, and leads me into his apartment, and sets me down on the couch.

“Here” He smiles, handing me the ice pack.

“Thank you for helping me” I smile back at him.

I can feel my face redden with embarrassment, but I won’t tell him it’s because I actually thought I was dead and that he’s an angel… I think I might take that to my grave.

 

“I’m Chanyeol, by the way” The man smiles, as he hands me a cola.

“Ally” I smile back at him.

For some reason I’m unable to speak to him, I can only force one word answers out. Then again this is the first time someone has genuinely been nice to me, so I should’ve expected it.

“You can stay here, and I’ll get some guys to help move your stuff up okay?” He says, I shake my head, I can’t possibly expect that he carry my stuff up after he already helped me!

“This isn’t up for discussion” He says sternly, and smiles goofily at me.

“I… Thanks” I look at my hands, feeling completely helpless.

I give my room code to Chanyeol and sit back, feeling so useless. I didn’t want him to think that I’m a pathetic girl who is incapable of doing anything.

 

An hour passes, and Chanyeol and three other men enter his apartment, chatting animatedly. Chanyeol sits down next to me.

“Is your leg better?” He asks, his eyes filled with kind warmth.

“Oh wow so this is your new neighbour?” One of the men asks, smiling at me.

“Ally, this is Kyungsoo (he motions toward the man that just spoke, he had short black hair, that was slightly spikey, his lips were heart shaped and his eyes had a twinkle of mischief in them), Kris (The man standing next to Kyungsoo, he was much taller than the others, maybe 187cm if I had to guess, he had blond wavy hair, much like a surfer’s, but he had this whole cold city guy look about him) and this is Luhan (A shorter man, his hair was a light brown colour, and was a bit longer than Kyungsoo’s, but they wore it in the same style, he had big innocent seeming eyes, that made me think of a deer)” Chanyeol introduces me to the men. I smile at them, holy crap. It would seem like all the hot guys lived in this town. I guess I lived in the wrong place all along.

 

Chanyeol helps me to my apartment, and then helps me set up everything.

“You really don’t have to do this…” I murmur feeling slightly embarrassed.

He waves me off, “It’s nothing really”.

I look over at Kyungsoo who seems to be having a fight with my bed mattress which keeps on falling on him every time he picks it up. Luhan attacks my table with a hammer as he “puts it together”. Kris keeps on moving my couch and chairs around, trying to get it to look perfect. After a long time, I wobble into the kitchen and start to make some dinner for the guys helping me. It’s the least I can do after all the help they’ve given me.

I announce that the food is ready and we all sit down on the floor, sitting around the table Luhan had built (more like angrily slammed together). They all happily munch the food, and Chanyeol uses almost every synonym of the word delicious, to compliment my cooking. I gratefully accept it - even though it was actually a micro wave ready meal that I had bought the previous night. I wanted to tell them, but I thought that, it would be kind of awkward after they all had complimented me, especially Kris, who had this whole cold-city-guy vibe about him. I take everyone’s empty dishes and start cleaning. Kyungsoo joins me in the kitchen, after I told Chanyeol that I couldn’t expect him to help with the dishes too. Grumpily he slinked back to the living room, allowing Kyungsoo to join me. Kyungsoo and I clean the dishes in silence, both of us too awkward to say anything. We smile at each other now and again whenever we catch each other looking at the other.

 

With the kitchen sparkly clean, Kyungsoo and the others say goodnight at the front door. Chanyeol stays behind as the others walk away.

“If you need anything, you can just come over to my place, okay?” He smiles.

I say goodnight to him and close my door. Oh my gosh! Maybe I don’t have, such bad luck after all! I mean meeting four hot guys in one night, which just has to be good luck! Happily I waddle to my bathroom to take a quick shower. I’m all sticky from my sweat and the heat. I turn the knob but no water comes out. For a while I try to figure out what’s going on, but to no avail. Looks like I might need to call Chanyeol sooner than he thought…

 

I knock three times on Chanyeol’s front door. He opens his door, only wearing pyjama bottoms, his hair still wet from his shower.

“A-Ally” He stutters, and immediately pulls a shirt over his chest.

I glare at his shirt. It should be against the law for him to wear shirts. Before he can notice me staring at his recently chest I look up at his eyes.

“Uhm… sorry that I’m bothering you again… but my shower doesn’t seem to work” I murmur, he nods in understanding.

“Come on, I’ll fix it”.

Intently I watch as Chanyeol fixes my shower. I had to learn how to fix it. I can’t always run to him whenever I need help. Besides I’m not the type that easily asks for help… it’s kind of against my DNA’s coding. I already had to swallow my pride when Chanyeol and the others moved my stuff in, and now that he’s fixing my shower. I owe him so much! Water shoots out of the shower head and I’m drenched from head to toe. Chanyeol hurriedly turns to knob and turns the water off.

“I’m so sorry!” He apologizes, his face coloured with embarrassment.

I smile at him, “Don’t worry about it, at least I can shower now!”

“If you need anything else, just call me okay?” He smiles, taking my phone and adding his number.

 

I lean against the shower wall as the warm drops of water trickle down my body. My mind keeps on wandering back to Chanyeol. Is this it? Has my chance to actually have a decent boyfriend arrived? I shouldn’t get ahead of myself. It’s not even clear whether I’m even his type. Also I’m not entirely myself around him… he’d probably make a run for it if he found out that I’m the complete opposite of who I was tonight. Yes I have a little bit of an anger problem, yes sometimes I do curse, I’m not always the nicest person around, and I do sometimes drink a lot, no I’m not an alcoholic, I just feel that the me that’s under the influence of alcohol is more worthwhile than the sober me.

 

I fall down on my bed, hugging my covers tightly. Starting tomorrow, I have to complete my moving in. I wonder if moving here was the right decision. Yes I did move here, because I didn’t have much of a choice, but what if I can’t fit in here? I have absolutely no friends or family here, I’m in a completely new town, and in all honesty I’m beyond frightened.