I Will Wait For You (Chapter 7)

The Vanguard of Death

"Yes ma'am. I will take care of Seohyun right now." The lone mercenary bowed to his second young mistress and unsheathed his twin daggers, before burrowing into the ground, towards his unsuspecting target. As he burrowed, he thought with a smile: "Finally, I'm going to see my dearest goddess Seo again."

Meanwhile, at a clearing in the middle of a certain forest, not far from SM...

"Yonghwa... I will wait for you, for eternity if I have to... Please come back to me..." Seohyun mumbled in her sleep. "SWEET POTATO COME BACK!!! DON'T LEAVE ME TOO!" Seohyun shouted, waking up with a start. As she rubbed her eyes and looked around, she smiled, realising that it was just a nightmare. "I should have leaned on Yoona unni instead of Yuri unnie, when I slept..." Seohyun thought to herself as she stretched her cramped muscles.

"UNNI!!!" Seohyun shouted, covering her eyes and turning away in disgust after seeing the position her sisters were in. After Seohyun got up, Yoona and Yuri started embracing each other...

Yoona whispered, as she subconsciously wrapped her arms around Yuri's neck: "Yuri... Don't leave me... I love you so much... I can't live without you..."

Yuri whispered back, as she subconsciously wrapped her arms around Yoona's waist: "Yoona... I won't ever leave you... I love you too... I can't live without you either..."

They both giggled and tightened their embrace before opening their eyes, as they heard Seohyun shouting at them. Their faces were barely a few centimetres away from each other... And from the looks of it, they were about to kiss... For just a moment there, they both wanted to kiss, but then embarrassment got to them first. Disengaging from each other's embrace, they quickly turned away, cheeks turning deep red.

Then they turned back to each other and at the exact same time, they apologised to each other: "Sorry, I.." In turning back to face each other, their faces were again just a few centimetres away from each other. They looked into each others eyes, mesmerized by each other and god knows fantasizing what...

"SNAP OUT OF IT!!! Minor here!" Seohyun shouted at her sisters, unable to take their lovey-dovey actions anymore. Looking at them act that way, painfully reminded Seohyun of the times she spent with Yonghwa, and the day he left her... For another girl...

YoonYul once again turned away from each other, with Yoona suddenly feeling the need to inspect her wings for dirt, even though she knew her wings would never get dirty. Yuri, on the other hand felt the urge to sharpen her claws, even though it would never get blunt.

Just then, the ground rumbled slightly. Seohyun felt it oddly familiar, like she felt this kind of tremors before, but she just couldn't figure out what it was, but she instinctively turned around. Then she remembered. "No, it can't be... Can it?" Seohyun thought.

Then, he rose up from the ground and stabbed Seohyun in the stomach with both his daggers, and kissed her on the cheek, before whispering into her ear: "Annyeong, Goddess Seo. Missed me?" He then, pulled his daggers out of Seohyun's stomach and jumped back, waiting for Seohyun to recover.

He was back. That was all that mattered to Seohyun. It didn't matter that the first thing he did when he saw her was to stab her in the stomach, after all, she was mesmerized by his gaze the moment she looked into his eyes. She smiled, he was back, her mind flooded with overwhelming happiness, automatically summoned her power and in a pinkish glow of light, the injured tissue immediately regenerated.

"Yong, you're back! I knew you would come back! I told you I would wait for you for eternity, if necessary, didn't I? I knew my wait would move you!" Seohyun exclaimed happily.

"Yes, I'm back. I'm back to kill you for her, Seo. I just came to say my final goodbyes to you. Goodbye Seo, may you have a great afterlife..." Yonghwa replied as in burrowed into the ground towards Seohyun.

"He's killing me for her? Don't tell me he's going back to her after killing me... I don't mind dying in his arms if it means he won't leave my side... But if he's going back to her, I won't let him, even if I die..." Seohyun thought to herself, jumping to side, narrowly dodging Yonghwa's stab that was aimed at her heart.

"Yoona unni, Yuri unni, now would be a great time to help..." Seohyun shouted at her sisters, as Yonghwa burrowed into the ground again. YoonYul both nodded and ran towards Seohyun, shimmering white and black respectively as they transformed into twin swords.

Yoona, Blade of Eternal Bliss, was pure white in colour. Seohyun felt her subconscious get flooded with happy thoughts, then she felt her regenerative glow engulf her body. Whenever she held Blade of Eternal Bliss, she would have increased regeneration rates as she did not have to consciously think happy thoughts to summon her power. She also knew that the more blood she drew with this sword, the higher her regeneration rates will increase

Yuri, Blade of Eternal Pain, was pure black in colour. Seohyun felt like she went numb to pain. Whenever she held Blade of Eternal Pain, she could not feel any pain, as all the pain she would have felt, would be absorbed by Blade of Eternal Pain. Once she wounds an enemy with this sword, however, they will feel pain equal in magnitude to a million times the pain that would have been felt by Seohyun, if not for her sword.

White sword in left hand, black in right, she brought her twin swords up to block Yonghwa's next two attempts at stabbing her with each of his daggers. As they fought, with neither getting the upperhand, since they knew each other's fighting style like the back of their hands, Seohyun asked: "So are you going back to her after killing me?"

"Yes, I will go back to her, my second young mistress. She has been very nice to me, so I won't disappoint her." Yonghwa replied, before attempting to stab Seohyun again. "Come on Seo, think of how to defeat me! You're the smart one and I've never won you when we sparred, you always managed to surprise me at the end... Defeat me and you'll pass the test." Yonghwa thought as he burrowed into the ground again.

"He's going back to her? Never. EVER. You came back and you're NOT going back to her, not if I can stop it..." Seohyun thought and she asked him: "Who's your second young mistress? How is she better than me?"

"She's a very powerful person and she's the second prettiest person I have ever seen." Yonghwa thought. "You're the prettiest, honestly. When you were sleeping with your sisters just now, I only had my eyes for you. Who cares if your sisters are angels or demons? To me you're a goddess and you're perfect."

"Who's the prettiest then?" Seohun asked, as she parried another of his attacks. She thought: "Is it me? I'm sure it's will be me. You always said that I'm your goddess right?"

"The prettiest person I ever saw was and is still my only love. The one I wish to be with for eternity and beyond." Yonghwa replied. He thought: "Yes, it's you! But it's too late... We cannot be together anymore..."

"His only love? The one he wish to be with for eternity and beyond? He's killing me for his second young mistress, does that mean... He never loved me?" Seohyun thought. Then something in her mind snapped. Her eyes blazed with determination. She was determined to stop Yonghwa from leaving her again, even if it meant she was to kill him with her own hands...

Seohyun gripped her swords tighter and told her sisters: "Yoona unni, Yuri unni, get ready..." Just then, Yonghwa rose out of the ground and attempted to stab her again, but this time, Seohyun did not block. Yuri gritted her teeth, as she absorbed the pain that Seohyun should have felt. Yoona gritted her teeth, as she struggled to keep Seohyun's regeneration fast enough to prevent Seohyun from dying.

Yonghwa was shocked momentarily, as he had expected Seohyun to block his attack and then he felt the cold metal of Seohyun's blades against the sides of his neck. Seohyun had let herself get stabbed in the stomach to give herself the chance to trap Yonghwa and she rested her hands behind his neck, while still holding her swords, which formed a cross, sword tip facing herself.

Seohyun leaned forward and whispered into Yonghwa's ears: "I rather kill you and let you go again. You will feel the pain I felt when you left me..." And she drew her black blade back, before ing it deep into Yonghwa's stomach.

After which, she kicked him to the ground and removed the daggers from her stomach, dropping them carelessly on the ground next to Yonghwa. Yonghwa, on the other hand, felt excruciating pain that was indescribable by words. As he writhed in pain, Seohyun looked on, blood dripping from her sword.

To Seohyun's surprise, Yonghwa managed to find the strength to stand up, even while in that much pain. He clenched his fists and grimaced in pain as he tried to tolerate the pain that was slowly killing him. He rested his hands on Seohyun's shoulder and told her: "This pain is nothing compared to what I felt when I left you. My only wish was to buy a plot of land so that we can open a sweet potato farm and live the rest of lives together in a little cottage, spending our time farming the sweet potatoes. You're my only love. You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen. Sorry Seo, my goddess. I didn't want to leave, but I had to, it was for the best... or so I thought..."

Yonghwa couldn't bear the pain any longer, he screamed in agony as he collapsed in one final spasm of pain, before laying motionlessly on the ground surrounded by a pool of blood.

Seohyun, finally regaining her senses, realized with a shock that Yonghwa had always loved her and that she had just killed him. "Why did you leave me then?!!" Seohyun thought, as she kneeled down over his body, tears flowing. Meanwhile, YoonYul transformed back to their human forms and tried to comfort their sister.

Yonghwa's body shimmered white and turned translucent, much to the surprise of the three sisters. They were even more shocked to see him open his eyes and sit up. Something clicked in Seohyun's mind and she asked: "This is Sooyoung unni's doing, isn't it? Only the someone related to my uncle can let souls be seen by living people. Also, she is the second daughter of uncle, which matches with the fact you called her second young mistress. But if you called her second young mistress... That means you were already dead before I 'killed' you?"

Yonghwa smiled and replied: "That's my genius Seo! Yes, I was already dead. But before I tell you what happened, let me congratulate you for passing the test! You have shown your willingness to fight for your desires, as well as your fighting capabilities." He gave her a hug and a small peck on the cheek before continuing: "The reason why I left you was because I found out that I had a terminal illness and was going to die within a month. I wanted you to forget about me and find a better guy, so I decided to leave you and let you think that I had left you for another girl, instead of dying of an illness. The last days of my life, I lived in pure agony, as you were my life, without you, I was just an empty shell. A month later, I died, Death welcomed me in his warm embrace, but I was unable to cross over to my afterlife as I could not bear to leave you. I proceeded to spend the rest of my time wandering and watching you. Yesterday, Sooyoung noona summoned me to test you and temporary revived me for seventy-two hours, but since you 'killed' me again, I became a soul again. She knew that I was her cousin's love, so she let me stay visible to you, for an hour, to spend it with you."

"You PABO! Why didn't you tell me you were sick and going to die? I would have been able to spend the last days of your life with you and you could leave the world without any regrets. I think I wouldn't have felt as hurt... Now I'm angry! You lied to me and hurt me, how dare you!" Seohyun pouted as she punched her boyfriend playfully.

"Sorry, my dearest goddess Seo. Please punish me in anyway you deem fit." Yonghwa replied.

"Hmm... For starters, feed me some sweet potatoes!" Seohyun said with a smile.

"Okay, no problem!" Yonghwa replied, as he peeled the skin of the sweet potato and fed it to Seohyun.

The two lovebirds, separated by life and death, chatted happily for the rest of the hour, before bidding each other goodbye and Yonghwa disappeared after telling Seohyun: "I will wait for you. Just don't come too soon, kay? Love you lots!"

Seohyun sighed as her boyfriend left her yet again. This time however, she felt happy, knowing that he still loved her and that he would always be watching her. Seohyun smiled and told her sisters: "It's time to go! Let's pack up and set off!"

Yoona and Yuri smiled back at their sister and helped her pack up their stuff. They then revealed their true forms and the three sisters continued flying towards SM.

At SM, a little while ago...

"We have completed the tasks you set us, ma'am. They have all passed, ma'am." Taeyeon's parents, Krystal and Yonghwa reported to their second young mistress, Sooyoung, Maiden of Death.

"Good job! You guys can take a rest until I require your assistance again." Sooyoung replied. As the souls left, Sooyoung returned to back to her human form and thought: "Looks like TaeTiSeo are as strong as I thought they were. Now time to plan for their welcome party. How should I prank them I wonder... Oh well, who can think on an empty stomach? I'll think about it as I eat..." With that, Sooyoung went to the kitchen to make herself a meal.

Hyoyeon shook her head as she saw her partner making yet another meal... She sighed and thought: "Once a shikshin, always a shikshin..."