Ring (Chapter 15)

The Vanguard of Death

"Hey Sica! You want to go back to our hometown for the rest of the day?" Tiffany asked her partner, as she put in the last of their belongings into her pink travelling bag. "Sica? Did you hear what I said???" Tiffany asked as she did not get any reply. "Earth to Sica! Earth to Sica! Do you read me?!!" Tiffany shouted and waved her hands in front of Jessica's face to get her attention.

"W-W-What?!!" Jessica replied, finally returning to reality.

"Were you spacing out again?" Tiffany asked, pouting in mock anger, with her hands on her hip.

"Heehee... Kinda..." Jessica giggled in reply.

"Were you daydreaming about someone you love?" Tiffany continued questioning Jessica.

"Yeah..." Jessica replied absentmindedly, slowly drifting back into her dreamland again.

"Were you daydreaming of doing 'it' with that person?" Tiffany asked.

"Yeah..." Jessica replied, blushing a little, as she continued daydreaming of doing 'it' with Tiffany.

"Are you cheating on me with Yuri?!!" Tiffany questioned.

"Yeah..." Jessica replied, realising a second too late that she had made a grave mistake.

"I KNEW IT!!! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!!" Tiffany shouted at Jessica, before running out of the room, pretending to cry. In actual fact, she was holding in her laughter. "Sica is sooo easy to trick... Heehee... Must make her feel sorry for now... Then she'll be even happier when I surprise her later..." Tiffany thought.

"Fany-ah! It was a slip of the tongue!!! I only love you! No one else!!! I swear!!!" Jessica shouted, as she dashed out of the room to chase after Tiffany.

Hearing Jessica shout after her, Tiffany came to a sudden stop and turned around to face Jessica. Jessica's momentum carried her forward, crashing right into Tiffany, lips touching Tiffany's. Both girls had surprised looks on their faces, but they enjoyed the feel of their lips touching each other's. As they were about to deepen the kiss and hug each other, Hyoyeon just had to step out of her room...

"Oops, I'm sorry! I didn't see anything! You two continue doing whatever you're doing." Hyoyeon said before going back into her room.

"That mood spoiler..." Jessica thought as she tried to continue to kiss Tiffany.

"That was a nice kiss... But I'm supposed to be angry at Sica... Nice timing Hyoyeon unni! I owe you one!" Tiffany thought as she pushed Jessica back and turned around, folding her arms across her chest, pouting.

"Damn you unni! I'll get you back for this later!" Jessica thought angrily. "Fany-ah! Please believe me! I didn't listen carefully to what you said. It was an honest mistake! I love you and only you! No one else, I swear! I swear that if I'm lying I'll... I'll... I'll eat a whole field of cucumbers!" Jessica told Tiffany, as she gave Tiffany a backhug.

"Whoa! Sica must be desperate! Well, I guess she's really not lying. But I'm not going to give in yet! Heehee... Sorry Sica, it's just so that you'll enjoy the surprise I have for you later on..."Tiffany thought, as she continued to act angry. "I'll make sure you really do eat a field of cucumbers if I find out you're lying!" Tiffany warned Jessica, as she turned around and glared at Jessica. "I'll trust you for now, but that doesn't mean you're forgiven yet! I'm still angry at you!" Tiffany continued her warning.

"Aww... Fany-ah! Please don't be angry at me!!!" Jessica pleaded with her sweetest and cutest voice, as she showed Tiffany her cute pout and puppy eyes.

"Oh god... My heart is going to burst at this rate... Must calm down! Tiffany! You can do it! Resist it!!!" Tiffany thought, her heart racing and confidence swaying. Averting her gaze from Jessica, Tiffany told Jessica: "That may work on me if you hadn't hurt me so bad..."

"I'm sorry..." Jessica apologized in a softer tone, thinking that Tiffany was really mad at her.

"What's the use of apologizing when you've already hurt me?!!" Tiffany replied in a hurt tone, before continuing: "Anyways, you want to go back to our hometown for the rest of the day? You can ask Hyoyeon unni along."

"Okay! Let's go back! I miss umma and appa sooo much!" Jessica replied happily, clapping her hands and bouncing up add down, hoping that her happiness will rub off onto Tiffany.

"Whatever..." Tiffany replied nonchalantly. "I miss my umma and appa too... Appa is probably travelling around and umma is busy with her godly duties, I guess..." Tiffany thought, saddened by the fact that she probably won't get to see her parents.

About fifteen minutes later...

"Sooo... How exactly are we getting back to our hometown? Sooyoung isn't around to shadow jump us there..." Hyoyeon asked, as the three girls walked out of SM.

"Oh ya... I never thought about that..." Jessica replied.

"You never think about anything else, besides Yuri, I suppose..." Tiffany retorted, still acting angry as she thought: "I'm such a good actor! Heehee... I guess it helps that Jessica is pretty simple-minded..."

"Did something bad happen between the both of you?" Hyoyeon asked carefully, not wanting to worsen the situation.

Ignoring Hyoyeon's question, Tiffany told the other two girls: "Summoning a flaming tornado was not the only thing I learnt last night, while training with Sooyoung unni. Just like Sooyoung unni can shadow jump, I can teleport myself from any source of flame, to another."

"Woah!!! Fany-ah! You're SOOO powerful!!!" Jessica complimented Tiffany.

Tiffany just rolled her eyes and said: "No point being powerful if it can't prevent a CERTAIN someone from cheating on me..."

Before anyone could reply, Tiffany engulfed the three of them in flames and teleported them back to Jessica's and Hyoyeon's house.

"We're here." Tiffany informed her two shocked companions, as they stepped out of the fire burning in the fireplace of Jessica's and Hyoyeon's house. Equally shocked were Jessica's and Hyoyeon's parents, when they saw the three of them walk out of the fireplace.

Their eyes grew wider in disbelief when Krystal appeared in a flash of dazzling white light, spreading her wings wide. "Umma, Appa! We're back to see you!!!" Krystal exclaimed happily as she folded her wings and ran towards her parents to hug them.

After hugging her parents, Krystal dragged her unnis into a family group hug. Jessica tried dragging Tiffany in, but Tiffany refused to budge and remained rooted to the spot with her arms folded as she pouted angrily and turned away from Jessica. "I'm really sorry Fany-ah... I really am... I didn't mean to hurt you... What must I do to make you forgive me?" Jessica thought, holding back tears and she joined in her family's group hug.

"So, who's that pretty lady, who looks really pissed off?" Jessica's father asked.

"That was very sensitive of him... And looks like simple-mindedness runs in the family... No one realises I'm faking yet... ke ke ke..." Tiffany thought.

"HONEY!!! Do you have to point out the fact that she's pissed off? It's very insensitive of you!" Jessica's mother reprimanded her husband.

"So she says... Yet she happily pointed out the fact that I'm pissed, indirectly..." Tiffany thought, holding back her laughter.

"Well... She's MY BELOVED partner, Tiffany, Wielder of Flames!" Jessica introduced Tiffany to her parents, as she gave Tiffany a big hug. Tiffany ignored Jessica, but she did not attempt to break away from the hug.

"Hi Mr and Mrs Jung. I'm Tiffany, Wielder of Flames. Nice to meet you." Tiffany greeted Jessica's parents politely, bowing ninety degrees, with her trademark eye-smile.

"Wow that's a very lovely eye-smile you have!" Jessica's father complimented, his heart racing a little. Jessica's mother nodded in agreement.

MY Fany has the loveliest eye-smile EVER!!!" Jessica stated proudly as she smiled at Tiffany. The moment she made eye contact with Tiffany, the eye-smile on Tiffany's face was wiped off and replaced by a fiery glare.

"You guys enjoy your family time... I'll go enjoy my own." Tiffany stated abruptly, as she steeped back into the fireplace and disappeared in a flash.

"Fany-ah... What must I do to make you forgive me..." Jessica muttered, as her tears started flowing down uncontrollably.

Between sobs, Jessica managed to explain what happened earlier on and her family did their best to console her. Eventually, they managed to convince Jessica to go to Tiffany's house to find Tiffany and clear up any misunderstandings.

Tiffany's house was very much like Tiffany; nothing too fancy, but all pink. It was a nice little pink cottage located next to the inn that she owns. When reached the doorstep, she realised that the door was slightly open. Carefully, she opened door and whispered: "Fany-ah? Are you there?"

From her hiding place, Tiffany giggled to herself as she thought: "Heehee... Sica is sooo cute! Thankfully, my dad is away travelling, or things might get complicated..."

Looking around for her beloved Tiffany, Jessica slowly made her way into the house. Then, a bright pink note caught her eye. "What is this? A note on a box on the table... Hmm.. Eh?!! It's addressed to me?!!" Jessica thought.

A little surprised, Jessica picked up the note and read it aloud:

Dear Sica,

We've been together for slightly more than a month already, haven't we? We've done sooo many things together as well! So I just thought that I'll get you something... It isn't much, but hope you like it!
 

With Love,

Fany


As Jessica finished reading the note, Tiffany had sneaked out of her hiding place and wrapped her arms around Jessica's waist. "Sica... Open the box." Tiffany asked in a seductive tone.

Her heart racing, her hands trembling, Jessica picked up the box and slowly opened it. To her utmost surprise, in the box was a ring. To be exact, it was a ring that was as blue as ice and had the words: 'Fany <3 Sica 4eva!!!' inscribed on it. Jessica was overjoyed and she turned around to hug Tiffany. "Fany-ah! I LOVE you SOOO much!!! I thought you were angry at me?"

Tiffany replied with a laugh and her eye-smile: "I was acting angry... You are SOOO easy to trick! Sorry, Sica... I just wanted you to be more surprised that's all... So I guess you like it?"

"You EVIL person!!! Do you know how much I cried?!!" Jessica replied, pouting angrily as she rained punches on Tiffany's arms.

"Ow Ow Ow... I'm sorry! Please stop hitting me!" Tiffany begged.

Jessica stopped punching Tiffany and hugged Tiffany again as she whispered: "Of course! I like it! In fact, I love it!"

Tiffany smiled and giggled: "Knew you would! I have a matching ring as well! It's bright pink and has the words: 'Sica <3 Fany 4eva!!' inscribed on it!" Tiffany showed Jessica her ring that she was wearing on her ring finger, before asking: "May I have the honour of putting your ring on for you?"

"Of course you may!" Jessica replied happily.

Holding the ring, Tiffany whispered: "By accepting the ring... Will you, Jessica Jung Sooyeon, agree to be my girlfriend for eternity and beyond?"

Jessica replied shyly: "Of course!" Hearing Jessica's reply, Tiffany let out a sigh of relief and put the ring on for her girlfriend.

By then, both girls were blushing and smiling widely at each other. On an impulse, both girls hugged each other and started kissing. As they were about to deepen the kiss, however, Hyoyeon just had to barge in to check if Jessica was okay.

"Oops... I'm really sorry... Carry on..." Hyoyeon apologized as she walked back out of the door, closing it behind her.

"HYOYEON UNNI!!! YOU MOOD SPOILER!!! YOU'RE SOOO DEAD!!!" Jessica and Tiffany shouted.

"Let's continue after we get that mood spoiler." Jessica told Tiffany.

"Agreed." Tiffany replied.

With that they stormed out of the house and chased after Hyoyeon, who was running away for her dear life. Against the combination of fire and ice, Hyoyeon stood no chance. Within seconds, Jessica had erected an ice wall blocking off Hyoyeon's escape routes and Tiffany had generated a massive fire tornado.

"IceSica, please don't kill me! I'm your favourite unni, right?" Hyoyeon pleaded with Jessica.

"Not anymore... Fany is my favourite unni now." Jessica replied, sticking her tongue out at Hyoyeon.

"So I'm just your favourite unni to you?" Tiffany asked, acting hurt.

"You're my favourite unni and my beloved girlfriend!" Jessica replied as she hugged Tiffany tight and gave her a peck on the cheek.

"That's much better!" Tiffany eye-smiled and patted Jessica on the head, before kissing her forehead.

"GET A ROOM! Seriously..." Hyoyeon shouted, covering her eyes in disgust. She soon regretted opening , as the two girls were once again looking at her and grinning evilly.

"Ah right... She's still here... How do you think we should punish her?" Tiffany asked Jessica.

"Let's make her our servant for a week!" Jessica replied happily.

"That sounds great!" Tiffany agreed, nodding her head in satisfaction.

"Y-Y-You girls are joking right?" Hyoyeon stuttered.

"Do we look like we are joking?" Tiffany asked.

Hyoyeon sighed in defeat and raised her arms in submission. "You girls win! I surrender!" Hyoyeon said in a defeated tone.

"Yay!!! This is going to be fun!!!" Jessica exclaimed excitedly as she clapped her hands and jumped up and down on the spot.

"I've got a bad feeling about this..." Hyoyeon muttered under her breath.

"For starters... Why don't you clean up my house for me? It hasn't been cleaned in ages..." Tiffany told Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon glared at Tiffany and Tiffany returned the glare. Gritting her teeth in anger, Hyoyeon went to clean up Tiffany's house under Jessica's and Tiffany's supervision. "I swear I'll get back at them someday for this..." Hyoyeon thought as she cleaned up the house.

After that, the three girls returned to Jessica's parents house. Once they reached, Jessica told her parents and Krystal what happened at Tiffany's house. Everyone, except Hyoyeon, had a good laugh. "Told you not to worry about Sica unni!" Krystal told Hyoyeon as she laughed till her stomach hurt.

"Shut up!" Hyoyeon retorted, causing everyone else to laugh again.

The Jung family and Tiffany continued chatting for a few more hours and soon it was time to go. Krystal said goodbye to her parents and disappeared in a flash of brilliant white. Jessica, Tiffany and Hyoyeon left through the fireplace, after saying their goodbyes, reappearing at the fire that was burning at the fireplace in SM.