I Love You (Chapter 2)

The Vanguard of Death

"Ewww, get a room for heaven's sake! TOO MUCH PDA!" Hyoyeon exclaimed, covering her eyes in disgust.

"Let's hope they won't ever be separated from each other like him and me..." Sooyoung thought, as they stepped out of the shadows, with Hyoyeon transforming back to her human form.

"Omo, did you guys just materialise out of my shadow???" Tiffany exclaimed, while Jessica just released another dolphin shriek, kicked Hyoyeon in the shin and then ran behind Tiffany for protection.

"Owww, that hurt!" Hyoyeon muttered, rubbing her bruised shin.

Tiffany turned to Jessica and said: "Hey, aren't you the weapon? So shouldn't you be like in front blocking them for me???"

"Oh right... I forgot... heehee... Catch me!" Jessica replied, sheepishly, as she jumped into the air and somersaulted forward, shimmering blue and landing into Tiffany hands, as an ice blue spear.

"Weapons down! There's no need to fight, we won't hurt you!" Sooyoung said calmly, while looking into Tiffany's eyes.

"Not badly anyways..." Hyoyeon added with a mischievous grin.

"Wh...Wh...Who are you? An...An...And what do you want from us?" Tiffany stuttered, tightening her grip on Jessica. Tiffany was very afraid, she felt like Sooyoung's eyes were burning straight through her soul.

As Sooyoung opened to reply Tiffany, Hyoyeon suddenly said: "That icy blue spear... No, it can't be her... IceSica, is that you?"

IceSica... No one called her that besides her beloved unni who left the house five years ago to travel the world and rid it of evil. Jessica looked closely at the person who just called her by that name, and she immediately transformed back into her human form and ran into the embrace of her elder sister. "HYOYEON UNNI!!!! I MISSED YOU SOOO MUCH!!!"

Hyoyeon staggered back a little at the impact of her dongsaeng body slamming right into her. "Yah! IceSica! Do you miss me so much that you want to kill me???"

"Why would I ever want to kill the BEST unni in the world???" Jessica replied, smiling brightly, with that angelic smile that never failed to melt Hyoyeon's heart.

"Aigoo... I can't ever get mad at you can I?" Hyoyeon grinned as she pinched Jessica's cheeks, "How can anyone get angry with someone as cuuuuuuuuuute as you?"

"Now before I puke onto somebody... Let's get down to business shall we?" Sooyoung inquired, reasonably disgusted by the show of affection between the two sisters. She also felt a pang of jealously as she was once again reminded of the times she spent with him walking in the park...

"Yes ma'am!" Hyoyeon replied immediately, knowing Sooyoung was not a person to be disobeyed. Out of the corner of , she whispered to Jessica: "My partner is a cranky person, best not to cross her!"

Jessica giggled, while Sooyoung stared daggers at Hyoyeon. "I HEARD that, you know!!!" If looks could kill, Hyoyeon swore she would have died there and then. Then again, Sooyoung was the daughter of the God of Death, so she might be able to do just that... The thought of that sent shivers down Hyoyeon's spine.

After the sudden turn of events, Tiffany finally managed to recover her senses and asked: "So what business do you have with us?"

"Well, as you have realised, you have powers normal humans don't and that you obviously don't know how to control them. Sooo, I'm going to be your trainer and train you, along with Jessica, your weapon, on how to work together to become worthy of being a member of the Vanguard of Death." Sooyoung replied nonchalantly.

"The Vanguard of what??? And who says I am going to train under you???" Tiffany asked, not comprehending what she had just heard.

"IceSica, if you wanna see me everyday, you better convince your partner to agree to train under Sooyoung. We will explain to you two in more details once we start training." Hyoyeon told her little sister in a pleading tone.

At the thought of being able to spend everyday with her dearest unni, Jessica felt over the moon and rushed to Tiffany's side, grabbed her arm and while using her trademark pout that was cute beyond words, she pleaded: "Tiffany, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease agree with Sooyoung, I really, REALLY want to see my unni everyday... You'll agree for my sake, right?"

Tiffany was at a loss, but seeing Jessica pleading with her like that was too much for her to take. "Why am I doing this for the sake of someone I just met... I don't know... But I guess anyone would give in to a girl as cute as that... And for the first time in my life, I think I felt my heart flutter..." Tiffany thought. After taking a deep breath, she said: "Okay, I'll train under you, but ONLY because I don't think I can reject a cute little baby like Jessica!" Tiffany gave Jessica another of her eye-smiles and pat her on the head.

Tiffany's eye smiles never failed to make Jessica's heart flutter, and after hearing her agree to Sooyoung, she was even more happy, "THANK YOU, TIFFANY!!! I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!" Jessica said as she smothered Tiffany in another of her bone-crushing bear hugs.

Sooyoung smiled, as she instructed them to meet Hyoyeon and her at the Serene Mansion, or SM for short, at sunrise on the fifth day of the eighth month. The two girls nodded their head in acknowledgement and gasped in astonishment as Sooyoung and Hyoyeon disappeared into the shadows as suddenly as they had appeared.

"So I guess we have a month to get to know each other before we meet your sis again?" Tiffany asked Jessica. Jessica nodded and said: "Now lets go have some FUN!!!" With that the two girls held hands and walked off into the sunset, laughing as an inseparable bond formed between them.

Meanwhile, in about an hour before Soo and Hyo met with JeTi, at the another random location...

"Anyone else?" asked a man in his mid-forties as he scanned the crowd for another potential son-in-law, who could hold his precious daughter's hand without getting electrocuted.

Sunny was frustrated, she didn't want her dad to force her to marry some guy who was able to control her, not that any of them could anyways. After all, once they held her, while she was in her weapon form and tried to soul align with her, they all got electrocuted.

Sunny hated to be controlled, she was like a spark, always wanting to escape and be free, so she wanted a partner who could understand her and let her be herself. Unfortunately, all these guys just wanted to force her to align her soul with theirs, so they could harness her power, which was in fact one of the strongest in the region.

"DAD!!! I said I don't need a husband who can control me, I just want someone who can understand me and let me be myself. I am Sunny, The Dissonant Blade, and I don't think dissonance can be controlled or likes to be!!!" Sunny pouted, sticking her tongue into her cheek, like she always does when she was angry.

A few metres, hidden in plain sight, Taeyeon was standing in the middle of the crowd, completely unnoticeable. She was unnoticeable not because of her small size, but because she could warp space around her, making light bend around her, so she could not be seen even if someone stood right in front of her and stared right at where she was standing.

Taeyeon smiled to herself as she saw that cute girl pouting and stick her tongue in her cheek. She loved how that girl did that when she was angry. In fact she loved almost everything that girl did. That time when Sunny looked straight into her eyes, Taeyeon felt like some sparks flew between them. "Or it could be just her electrocuting some other guy. She couldn't have seen me anyways..." Taeyeon thought as she chuckled to herself again.

Taeyeon decided that Sunny was the one for her, she wouldn't have any other weapon in the world. She had been observing Sunny for the past three days, each day her feelings towards Sunny growing and she even started feeling slightly jealous when the other guys held her in their hands. She began to let out sighs of relief when yet another guy failed to soul align with Sunny.

Her mind set, she warped the space around her even more so that she could travel to the small stage that Sunny was on, just by taking one step. To normal people, she would just seem to be super fast. Still invisible, she stood on the stage behind Sunny. "Ooooh!!! That of Sunny's sooo perfect! Sunny's perfect in every way... Arghhh... Kim Taeyeon!!! Pull yourself together! Touching someone's won't help you make friends with the person!!!" Taeyeon mentally reprimanded herself, as she struggled to keep her byun under control.

Taeyeon took her deep breath, and warped the space around her back to normal so that she could be seen. "Hi! I'm Taeyeon! I've been observing you for a few days already, and I can't think of any other weapon I would rather have!" Taeyeon introduced herself to Sunny, while smiling brightly.

Both Sunny jumped at the sight and sound of Taeyeon, as she seemingly materialised out of thin air. Sunny's dad recovered first and shouted: "NO WAY!!! You're just a little girl, you can't possibly protect my precious baby!"

Taeyeon completely ignored Sunny's father, as she was looking at Sunny for her response. Sunny took a few seconds to gather her thoughts, which were still pretty messed up, and blurted: "Were you stalking me???" Realising that wasn't the best thing to say she immediately continued: "I mean, if you can hold me without getting electrocuted, then I'll consider..."

Sunny looked at the girl in front of her and thought: "This girl can't be more than sixteen years old... She must be pretty brave travelling around alone, or pretty dumb... But I don't think she's dumb at all. I think she's the one for me, I can just feel it!!! What's this??? Is my heart suddenly increasing its pace? Omo... What's happening to me... I just met her..."

"Catch me if you can!" Sunny teased as she shimmered bright yellow and transformed into a short sword. Taeyeon, with her quick reflexes, caught Sunny with ease. Following, Sunny said: "Nice catch! Now try to soul align AND not get hurt!"

Taeyeon closed her eyes in concentration and muttered: "The Dissonant Blade, SOUL ALIGN!!!" She let herself be guided by Sunny's soul, which was always trying to break free of something. Meanwhile, Sunny felt Taeyeon's soul aligning itself to hers, unlike the rest who kept trying to force hers to align with theirs. With a smile, Sunny controlled her soul to settle down a little to complete the alignment.

Taeyeon felt a connection opening between her and Sunny, and she felt a wave of energy flood her body, making her feel like she can run all day at the speed of light, or at least near it. She opened her eyes, and saw sparks arching across the blade of the short sword she was holding and then she saw Sunny's soul in the blade, smiling at her... She smiled back, knowing that the soul alignment had been successful, indicating that they were indeed destined to be partners.

Sunny's father looked on and sighed... His daughter had grown up and it was time to let her go. He knew this day would come sooner or later, so he hoped she would marry a guy strong enough to protect her, but knowing his daughter she would not. Now that she found a partner who truly understands her, she would definitely not get married. Maybe this was the best for her, but he had to make sure... "Hey, little girl!" he called out to Taeyeon.

"I'm not a little girl! I'm already sixteen years old!!!" Taeyeon angrily replied, pouting slightly and pointing her sword at Sunny's father threateningly.

"Woah! Sorry! I just want you to promise me that you'll take care of Sunny and never let her get hurt." Sunny's father said, his voice involuntarily rising an octave higher, as he put his hands up in a gesture of submission.

"Of course I'll protect my weapon! After all... I think... I've... fallen in... lo...love with Sunny.." Taeyeon said, blushing as she confessed her feelings. Sunny's father smiled as he detected the sincerity in Taeyeon's words and gave her a pat on the head.

"You two will make a great pair, I think. Now be off and rid the world of evil!" Sunny's father said, smiling.

Sunny then transformed back to her human form and hugged her dad tightly: "Thanks Dad! I knew you would understand! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!" She then turned to Taeyeon and teased: "Sooo... You're in love with me??? Just how long have you been stalking me?"

"I...I...I don't know... Stop teasing me..." Taeyeon mumbled, turning away, her cheeks burning. Behind her, Sunny also blushed as she thought: "Silly girl... I'm in love with you too! And did you know you're the cutest in the world?"

Sunny stepped forward and gave Taeyeon a backhug, while whispering into Taeyeon's ear: "I love you too."

But just as Taeyeon was about to reply... Sooyoung and Hyoyeon materialised out of Sunny's shadow, scaring the wits out of Taeyeon, Sunny and Sunny's father. "I just love the expressions on their faces whenever we shadow jump!" Hyoyeon exclaimed, laughing so hard, her stomach hurt. Sooyoung just rolled her eyes at her choding partner.

Taeyeon looked in shock at the two people who just materialised out of the shadows and blurted out: "I don't wanna die! I haven't touched Sunny's yet!!!" Her cheeks turned tomato red as she realised what she just said and she mumbled: "Sorry, I didn't mean that."

"Yah! You byuntae! If I knew you were like this I wouldn't have agreed to be your weapon!" Sunny replied, turning away, sticking her tongue in her cheek, as she acted angry. In actual fact she thought: "I would have agreed either way, cause you're the only one who understands me..."

While Hyoyeon started to roll on the floor laughing uncontrollably, Sooyoung introduced herself: "I'm Sooyoung, the Maiden of Death, and I'm going to be your trainer and train the both of you to hone your skills to become a worthy member of the Vanguard of Death."

"That sounds cool!" Sunny replied instantly, bouncing up and down happily. Sunny loved challenges and this sounded a lot like one.

"If you're fine with it so am I." Taeyeon added, nodding her head. Sooyoung smiled and gave them the same instructions she gave to JeTi. Then, she disappeared back in the shadows with Hyoyeon, shadow jumping to the last of the three.

Sooyoung thought: "Those girls will go far... Hope they will never EVER get separated."

After Sooyoung and Hyoyeon vanished into the shadows, Taeyeon and Sunny bade farewell to Sunny's father, and walked hand in hand off to the market to buy supplies for the trip to SM.

Yet another inseparable bond has been formed between another two girls...