Into The New World (Chapter 4)

The Vanguard of Death

"Sica, wake up!!!" Tiffany shouted, shaking Jessica as hard as she could. "WAKE UP!!!" Tiffany had been trying to wake her partner up for the past fifteen minutes, without any success."Jessica, you pig! Can't you EVER wake up quickly?!! On the other hand... you look sooo cute when you sleep, just like a little baby angel." Tiffany thought, as she gently caressed Jessica's cheeks.

Well, desperate times call for desperate means... "Sica, you forced me to do this..." Tiffany mumbled as she summoned her power, which were slightly more controlled than before, and directed it in the general direction of Jessica.

"EEEEP!!!" Jessica shrieked, jolting fully awake, as she felt the searing heat from the flames Tiffany had summoned. Then she turned to Tiffany and gave Tiffany her icy stare and pouted while complaining: "Fany-ah, were you trying to wake me up or KILL me?"

Tiffany replied calmly, immune to Jessica's icy glare, "I was trying to wake you up." "Besides, we both know you're immune to my flames, just like how I'm immune to your ice." Tiffany continued, while giving Jessica one of her brightest eye smiles. Jessica heart skipped a beat when she saw the eye smile and her anger subsided almost immediately.

"Look what you've done. You've burnt down half the room. It's not like we're rich and can pay for the damages. This isn't your grandfather's inn, you know." Jessica reprimanded Tiffany, frowning slightly while waggling her index finger at Tiffany.

"Actually, this IS my grandfather's inn... Why do you think it is called Hwang's Inn?" Tiffany replied, laughing when she saw Jessica's mouth drop.

"You're joking, right?" Jessica asked, disbelieving what her partner had just told her.

"You are right, as always, my dearest Sica. This isn't my grandfather's inn. Well, not anymore... It's mine now!" Tiffany replied. Jessica stared suspiciously at her partner, looking for signs of deceit in her partner's eyes, but she saw nothing, besides that wonderful eye smile that never failed to make her heart race.

"I'll give you the benefit of doubt. If I find out that you're lying to me... You're SOOO DEAD!!!" Jessica told Tiffany, while giving Tiffany another icy glare.

"Aigoo, Sica, you're sooo cute!!!" Tiffany laughed, pinching Jessica checks, before continuing: "Why would I ever lie to you?"

"Stop it! You know how much I hate you pinching my cheeks?" Jessica said sternly, but not making any attempt to push Tiffany's hands away. Secretly, Jessica loved it when Tiffany pinched her cheeks, but she had to maintain her dignity. Tiffany knew this, and decided to stop after a while.

Just then, an assistant of the inn, came into the room to check if the two girls needed anything and was greeted by the sight of a half-burnt room. After taking a few seconds to recover from the shock, the assistant asked: "What happened? Why is the room half burnt down?"

Tiffany gave the assistant an eye smile and replied happily: "Oh, I was trying to wake Jessica up but to no avail, so I got desperate and decided to set her on fire to wake her up.... which worked!"

"Erm... Young Mistress Tiffany, you know you can't go around burning down rooms, even though you own the inn... It's troublesome for us to clean up." the assistant said, in a reprimanding tone. He was one of the older staff who had watched Tiffany grow up, so Tiffany was like a daughter to him.

"Sorry... I'll try not to... Thanks for your hard work!" Tiffany replied meekly. The assistant just shook his head and went to get some help to clean up the room.

"You REALLY are the owner of this inn?" Jessica asked her eyes wide in disbelief.

"I told you I would never lie to you!" Tiffany smiled, patted Jessica on the head and continued: "It's time to set off the SM, we still need to go buy a horse you know..."

Jessica nodded and quickly went to wash up and change into her travelling clothes, while Tiffany packed their bags and made sure they had enough supplies. Upon seeing Jessica changed, she smiled and said: "Let's GO!!!" Jessica giggled while nodding and reaching out to hold Tiffany's hand. With that they left the inn and headed off into the new world...

Meanwhile at Sunny's house, where Taeyeon and Sunny were staying at for the moment...

"Good morning, ByunTaeng!" Sunny greeted Taeyeon happily.

"Good morning, Sunny Bunny!" Taeyeon greeted Sunny back cheerfully, before frowning and pouting: "I'm TOTALLY NOT byun at all! I...I...I just like your , that's all... And I ONLYtouched it like five times..." Taeyeon's cheeks turned tomato red.

"Five times?" Sunny asked incredulously, "More like five times a day!" Taeyeon bowed her head and muttered an apology. Sunny smiled as she thought: "Is it me or is my byuntaeng just the CUTEST thing in the world?" "It's okay, I don't mind, so as long it's only you. I forgive you since you're sooo cute!!!" Sunny said, as she pinched Taeyeon's cheeks.

"Really?!" Taeyeon's eyes lit up when she heard that Sunny didn't mind her touching Sunny's . "Can I touch it now?" Taeyeon blurted, before mentally slapping herself, for her own stupidity. "Blast it.. Kim Taeyeon-ah, why can't you ever think straight when you're around Sunny..." Taeyeon thought to herself.

Sunny laughed at her partner's request. Well she was expecting it anyways, so she smiled brightly at her blushing partner and said: "Sure thing, go ahead! My is all yours. Just don't do it too often or in public."

Taeyeon was stunned for a second then she shouted: "Yay!!! I LOVE YOU, Lee Soonkyu!!!" As she said that, Taeyeon rushed forward and hugged Sunny tightly, while patting Sunny's .

"Do you love me or my more?" Sunny asked her partner.

"I love... both equally!!!" Taeyeon replied diplomatically. Then they laughed it off and started to pack the supplies they had bought earlier on, for the trip to SM.

After packing, they bade Sunny's family goodbye and left the house hand in hand. They walked in companionable silence for a while, before Taeyeon asked Sunny: "How long do you think we'll take to get to SM by walking?"

"I'm not sure... two, three weeks maybe?" Sunny replied.

"Don't we have to meet there in week???" Taeyeon asked.

"Oh crap... And we don't have horses either..." Sunny lamented.

"My dearest Sunny, I think you're forgetting something..." Taeyeon smiled.

"Oh right! You're power! But can you keep it up for a week?" Sunny asked, concerned about her partner.

"Sure thing, if you lend me your strength I'm sure I can do it." Taeyeon replied happily.

"Okay then, lets do it!" Sunny replied happily, as she passed her pack to Taeyeon, before transforming into her weapon from in a flash of shimmering yellow light. Taeyeon felt Sunny's energy flowing through her body the moment she held The Dissonant Blade in her hand.

Taeyeon smiled and summoned her power, warping the space around her at a super high rate, attainable only with the help of her weapon. With that, she moved through space in a blur towards SM and into the new world...

At about the same time in the seaside mansion, where the children of the God of Sleep were residing in...

"Unni! Don't forget to pack in sweet potatoes to bring to SM!" Seohyun reminded her sisters, Yuri and Yoona, who were helping her to pack her bag.

"Yeah, we know!" the twins replied, simultaneously. while putting one whole carton box of sweet potatoes into the bag. "Need anything else?" the twins asked their baby sister.

"Hmm... I don't think so..."Seohyun replied after thinking for a while. "By the way, how are we travelling to SM? It's a long way and we can't possibly walk there in a week..." Seohyun asked her sisters.

"Don't worry SeoBaby, we got that covered." Yoona replied with a smile. "Yeah, just leave everything to us, you just need to rest and be prepared to withstand Sooyoung unni's crazy training." Yuri asnwered with a mischievous look in her eyes.

"Is Sooyoung unni that strict?" Seohyun asked innocently. Yuri just nodded, straight faced, while trying to suppress her laughter.

Yoona added on, grinning slyly: "Yeah, Sooyoung unni has many evil punishments for naughty girls. She did many evil things to us when we played a prank on her... You know, she's the daughter of the God of Death, so she knows exactly what will kill you and what will just cause you a hell lot of pain." Yoona winked at her twin, who winked back. Seohyun, oblivious to the exchange between her mischievous sisters, started to get worried.

"I better make sure that I'm a good girl then. I don't wanna find out what evil punishments Sooyoung unni has." Seohyun said, confident that she could do so. Her sisters just smiled and her silky, black hair. Both of them thought: "What we conveniently didn't mention is that Sooyoung ONLY metes out evil punishments to her enemies, not her friends and loved ones. For those close to her, she will be more restrained... MUCH more restrained"

With that, they finished packing up their bags and left the house. They first decided to stroll along the beach to enjoy the beautiful sunset. Seohyun walked hand in hand with her two unnis, one on each side of her and they skipped along happily.

A while later, Yoona and Yuri looked at each other, nodded to each other and then turned to Seohyun. "SeoBaby, remember you asked us how we are going to get to SM?" Yoona asked Seohyun. Seohyun nodded and looked inquisitively at her sister.

"Well, we decided to fly there..." Yuri said with a laugh, as she saw the shocked expression on Seohyun's face. Then Yoona and her both took a deep breath and revealed their true forms.

In a flash of pure, blinding white light, Yoona's angel wings sprouted from her back and her travelling clothes turned into a pure, white angelic dress. At the same time, in a flash of absolute, pitch-dark black light, Yuri's demon wings sprouted from her back, her nails lengthening and sharpening into claws, her pupils turned into slits, like those of a snake, a black tail, ending in an arrowhead, extended from her behind, two black horns grew from her head, her teeth, became sharp and dagger-like and her clothes transformed into a dress of pure black.

Seohyun was taken aback by the transformation of her elder sisters. Yoona was stunningly beautiful, her smile made Seohyun feel like curling up at her feet to sleep for eternity, dreaming of sweet potatores. On the other hand, Yuri was drop dead pretty, her evil grin made Seohyun feel like passing out into an eternal nightmare.

"Ok, let's FLY! I'll take first shift, you take the next." Yoona told her twin. Following, she backhugged the still stunned Seohyun and flapped her wings, lifting off into the sky. Yuri flapped hers a moment later, and soon the three of them were flying towards SM and into the new world...

TaeTiSeo are on the way to SM, along with their trusted partners, but will they make it to SM safely, or will they perish during the journey? Only God knows, or maybe the daughter of one...