Run Devil Run (Chapter 21)

The Vanguard of Death

"Mmm... Fany-ah... You're sooo hot!!! Want me to help you take off your blouse, so that you can cool down?" Jessica asked her girlfriend seductively as they were kissing passionately in a toilet cubicle.

"You ert! But if that's what you want... By all means..." Tiffany replied as she placed Jessica's hands on the top button of her blouse, before wrapping her arms around Jessica neck and kissed Jessica on her forehead. Jessica grinned and she started ing Tiffany's blouse slowly.

Just at that moment, Seohyun came into the toilet and shouted: "Unnis! Why are you three sitting on top of the cubicle partitions???" Jessica and Tiffany immediately froze and looked up.

When they saw Sooyoung, Yuri and Yoona happily watching from above they immediately shouted: "ERTS!!!" Then they ran out of the cubicle and out of the restaurant as fast as possible.

Back in the toilet, Sooyoung, Yuri and Yoona landed softly on the floor before Sooyoung complained: "Look what you did... We were just starting to enjoy the live action rated show and you had to come in..." Yuri and Yoona nodded in agreement, while Seohyun just shook her head, disappointed that her unnis were much more erted than she previously thought.

"What's all the commotion about? We just saw Jessica and Tiffany run out of the restaurant... Are there bugs and cucumbers in the toilet?" Taeyeon questioned, as she and Sunny innocently walked into the toilet.

"Yah! Don't pretend you two weren't watching as well! Even though Taeyeon warped the space around both of you to conceal yourselves from my sight, I still can sense your souls!!! Oh and you're too young to watch rated shows, you know..." Sooyoung told Taeyeon, sticking her tongue out at the maknae.

Taeyeon and Sunny stuck their tongues out back at Sooyoung and they all started laughing, with the exception of Seohyun who was in the cubicle doing what she came to the toilet for. Once Seohyun was done, the group went out to look for Jessica and Tiffany.

"Okay girls! It's time for a test!" Sooyoung quipped cheerfully.

"But I thought we were going to find Jessica and Tiffany unni?" Seohyun questioned.

"Yes, the test is to see who can arrest the two runaways and bring them back for interrogation faster. Winner gets a special prize!" Sooyoung explained.

"Ah I see..." Seohyun replied, nodding her head understandingly.

"Game on!" Taeyeon shouted, pumping her fist up into the air.

"Ready... Get set... GO!!!!!!" Sooyoung announced and immediately Taeyeon closed her eyes and concentrated on the location of Tiffany's soul. Once located, she opened her eyes and looked into that direction and confirmed Jessica's and Tiffany's location by sight. Waving goodbye to Seohyun she warped away, weapon in her hand towards JeTi's location.

Seohyun just smiled and waved back, before she closed her eyes and concentrated on the location of her blood in Tiffany's body. Once located, she lit a match and whispered: "Blood Puppet."

Taeyeon smiled as she revealed her presence in front of Tiffany, but her smile was soon wiped off when she saw Tiffany's eyes turn blood red. "You lose, Taeyeon!" Tiffany smirked as she hugged a bewildered Jessica tight and disappeared in a burst of flames.

"Ah you got me Seohyun unni... But it's not over yet..." Taeyeon mumbled to herself as a mischievous grin appeared on her face. Once Tiffany had teleported away, Taeyeon knew she had a second to get back before Tiffany could completely materialize, however, she knew she would not have enough time to do so if she warped her way back. There was only one thing she could do, she had to travel at the speed of light and that was precisely what she did...

Seohyun thought she had won when Tiffany and Jessica appeared from the flame of the matchstick and was about to raise her swords at the two to indicate that they were 'arrested'. Unfortunately, before she could do so, Taeyeon appeared in a flash of yellow light and 'arrested' the pair before Seohyun could do so.

"Taeyeon wins!" Sooyoung announced, patting Taeyeon on the head and giving her a hug while ignoring the jealousy-filled stares from Sunny.

"Aish... I forgot Taeyeon could use Sunny's Lightning Dissonance power to get back here before Tiffany materialised..." Seohyun berated herself. Nevertheless, she still congratulated Taeyeon for her win.

"So what's my prize?" Taeyeon inquired with a wide smile on her face.

"Your prize? There you go!" Sooyoung replied, kissing Taeyeon on her forehead.

Taeyeon giggled and said: "Unni, you're sooo naughty! Stop trying to make my bunny jealous!"

"Whatever. Let's continue the journey!" Sooyoung replied as she motioned for the rest to continue moving. Sunny stuck her tongue into her cheek and swore she'll get Sooyoung back for all these someday...

Without further ado, YoonYul took to the skies with Yonghwa holding Seohyun in his arms. Krystal flew up as well with Tiffany in her arms and Jessica in weapon form held tightly by Tiffany. Taeyeon warped away with Sunny in weapon form and her parents right behind. Sooyoung holding onto Hyoyeon in her weapon form shadow jumped away after the rest.

And just like that they journeyed on for five years, defeating evil forces as they travelled across the globe towards the evil mastermind's castle located at the other side of the globe...

"Hmm... That's weird... We haven't ran into any evil forces for at least three months already... I think the evil mastermind is building up power to unleash something really strong at us the next time..." Sooyoung voiced her thoughts to the group.

"Time for another training session then!" Sooyoung announced happily and revealed her goddess form. She chanted: "Death Is Imminent. Hell Gates Opened. Running Demons.ARISE!!!" The earth shook and eight demons climbed out from the depths of Hell...

"The training is called Run Devil Run. The Vanguard of Death will have to find my shadow somewhere in the forest that I will create and get a message from her. The Running Demons will have to prevent the vanguard from winning, by removing all the members from the test by killing them. Of course when you die, you'll just be returned to the real world, so no worries!" Sooyoung informed the girls.

"But before that, let me introduce each demon and their powers to you girls first. The first one from the left is called Jaesuk. He is a Second-Class Elite Royal Demon and his power is that he can hide his presence extremely well. No one can detect his presence through the normal five senses, only by sensing the location of his soul can one know where he is. However, he can mask his soul so well that even I would take a few minutes to zero in on his position. In other words, only Taeyeon has any chance of sensing his soul, so good luck in not getting ambushed by him!" Sooyoung introduced Jaesuk to the girls.

Next, she introduced the next demon: "This demon's name in Jong Kook and he is also a Second-Class Elite Royal Demon. He can sense souls very well, so I hope you girls remembered how to mask your souls, though I doubt that will help much... Anyways, he also radiates an aura of petrifying fear and anyone who sees him will immediately be overwhelmed by their darkest fears. If you girls can manage to fight him while closing your eyes, then you girls wont be affected by his aura. Lastly, he can rip apart anything within five metres in front of him by simply swiping his claws through the air. Be sure to avoid that!"

"The third demon's name is Ji Hyo and she is a Second-Class Elite Royal Demon as well. Her power is that she has the powers of all the other demons, but her version of their powers are slightly weaker than the originals. She has her own unique power which is that she can make your mind blank out if you look directly into her eyes and she cannot be killed until Joongki and Gary are killed." Sooyoung introduced the third demon.

Following, Sooyoung introduced the fourth demon: "The fourth demon is Haha and he is a Third-Class Elite Royal Demon. His power allows him to summon Jong Kook to his aid if he needs to. My advice is get him before he summons his hyung, or you'll be in deep trouble..."

"As for the fifth, his name is Gary and he is also a Third-Class Elite Royal Demon. His power is the power of love and it allows him to be unable to be killed until the love of his life, Ji Hyo is killed and he would do everything to prevent anyone from getting close to her." Sooyoung introduced the fifth demon.

After which Sooyoung introduced the sixth demon: "This demon over here is Joongki and he is a Third-Class Elite Royal Demon like Haha and Gary. Like Gary, he cannot be killed until Ji Hyo is killed, for he too loves Ji Hyo with all his heart. However, he can also paralyse you girls and unless you girls can solve his riddles, you girls cannot escape. And if you girls haven't realised yet, the group of you must kill Ji Hyo, Gary and Joongki at exactly the same time in order to kill them, or they will be practically invincible. Alternatively, avoid them and search for my shadow..."

"Suk Jin is the seventh demon and he is a First-Class Royal Demon, just like Yuri whose rank has increased by two since five years ago. As everyone can see, he has a huge nose that allows him to smell anyone who approaches his location within ten metres." Sooyoung introduced the seventh demon.

Finally, Sooyoung introduced the eighth and final demon: "Gwang Soo is the last demon of the group and he is a First-Class Royal Demon as well. He is known as the framer and his power allows him to be able to frame anyone of you and make the rest of you believe that it is true."

"Now that that is done... I will create the forest and teleport each of you to a random location in the forest. Also, the demons are not allowed to teleport to be fair to all, but I assure you girls that they can run REALLY fast! Any questions before I proceed?" Sooyoung asked as she wrapped up her briefing.

Seeing the shaking heads of the girls, she nodded and announced: "If not, good luck and have fun!!! LET THE TEST BEGIN! RUN DEVIL RUN!" The Vanguard of Death and the running demons out for a moment and when they regained their vision, they realised that they were all alone in a huge forest with no clue of where they or their team mates were. As for Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and the other trainers, they were observing the whole test from above the clouds.

Let's take a look at Seohyun first...

Once Seohyun regained her senses, she immediately closed her eyes and tried to locate Tiffany by sensing her blood that was flowing in Tiffany. She knew that Taeyeon could easily find her and Tiffany, like how she could easily detect the other two, however Tiffany had no way of knowing where her team mates were, so the three of them decided that should they ever be separated, they would meet at Tiffany's location. When she reopened her eyes after locating Tiffany, she cursed her luck for she was immediately paralysed.

"YAH!!! Joongki! Fight me like a man! Must you paralyse me?!! Or is it because you know you'll lose to me if you did?" Seohyun shouted at the demon.

"Tsk, Tsk... Non jaemi opso, manner opso!" Joongki sang. "You're no fun and you have no manners. Is that how you treat an elder? I'm five hundred years old you know..." Joongki reprimanded Seohyun, wagging his finger at the girl.

"Ah... Sorry Joongki oppa... Pardon my disrespect, you look so young..." Seohyun immediately apologized, being the well mannered girl she was.

"That's understandable, so I forgive you. Now ready for my three riddles?" Joongki questioned cheerfully.

"Bring it on!" Seohyun challenged, determination burning in her eyes.

"What walks on fours in the morning, twos in the afternoon and threes in the evening?" Joongki asked.

"That's easy! A human, because when humans are just born, they crawl on fours. When they grow up to maturity, they walk on twos and when they are old they need a walking stick, so they walk on threes. Is that seriously all you got?" Seohyun replied confidently.

"The first one is always easy, so don't get to cocky!" Joongki warned before he gave the next riddle:

"From the beginning of eternity
To the end of time and space
To the beginning of every end
And the end of every place.
What am I?"

Seohyun thought for a while before replying with a smile: "The letter 'e'. Since eternity begins with it, space ends with it, end begins with it and place ends with it."

"Damn... You're good!" Joongki muttered unhappily. "But you'll never get the last one!" Joongki told Seohyun as he grinned deviously. Joongki thought for a while before he gave the last riddle:

" If you break me,
I do not stop working.
If you touch me,
I may be snared.
If you lose me,
Nothing will matter.
What am I?"

Seohyun laughed and immediately answered: "One's heart. You asked the wrong riddle, Joongki oppa... My heart has been broken before, yet it still continued beating. My heart has been touched before and I was snared. I lost heart just after I broke up and nothing mattered anymore then..."

Joongki cursed under his breath as his spell on Seohyun was broken and Seohyun was released from paralysis. Nevertheless, he smiled and told her: "Well well... You're a really smart girl, aren't you? I'll let you off for now, so run along and go find your friends. No point fighting me, since I can't be killed until my love is dead. Not that that would ever happen of course."

"We'll see about that... It has been nice meeting you! See you later after my team wins!" Seohyun replied with a smile, as she flew off in Yoona's arms, while holding onto Yuri, who was still in her weapon form. Joongki winked at Seohyun and waved goodbye before he left in search of his team mates, specifically Ji Hyo. "Such a nice girl... But too bad... I'm sure we'll win and you'll fail your test! Won't we..." Joongki thought, doubting his team's ability for a second.

Let's see what happened to Taeyeon while Seohyun was answering those riddles...

"Way of the Assassin. Path of Reconnaissance." Taeyeon muttered.