Gee (Chapter 18)

The Vanguard of Death

"SOUL RESONANCE!!! Crystal Storm!!!" Krystal shouted as she transformed her right arm into a scythe and slammed it into the ground. Her scythe was made of ruby and it glowing red, clearly reflecting the anger she felt. Crystals of all sorts shot out of the ground and flew directly at the lone figure that had incurred the wrath of the Angel of Vengeance.

"The Chameleon Dagger, SOUL ALIGN!!!" The figure shouted, before uttering another word: "Transform" To everyone's surprise, except for Krystal, the dagger in the figure's hand transformed into a scythe, very much like Krystal's weapon form. What was even more surprising for the rest was when the figure slammed the scythe into the ground shouted: "Crystal Storm!!!" Immediately, even more crystals rose out of the ground and flew towards the incoming crystals.

Crystals shattered in midair as the two identical attacks collided into each other. The sheer force of both attacks caused everyone to be knocked back by a few metres. When the dust settled, the figure was smiling and he said: "Not bad... I don't know why you're still alive, but it looks like you're still as strong as ever, my dearest Krystal Baby... You know, you're my favourite weapon amongst all those that my weapon has absorbed."

"Shut your mouth, Choi Minho!!! I stopped being your Krystal Baby, the moment you betrayed my trust and you'll pay dearly for it!!! I'm the Angel of Vengeance now, and I'm going to exact my vengeance on you!!!" Krystal shouted, as she unfurled her angel wings and started glowing crimson red.

Fear was written all over Minho's face, for he had not expected Krystal to become an angel. He was on the verge of kneeling down to beg for mercy, when Sooyoung snapped her fingers. Immediately, Krystal lost the crimson red glow and her angel wings, she even became translucent.

"Krystal, I'm temporarily removing you from your position as Angel of Vengeance. As the Angel of Vengeance, you are supposed to ensure that wronged souls are properly avenged, however as a trade-off you are not allowed to avenge yourself. My dad made that clear to you when he gave you the position and you had agreed to it. Are you trying to go back on your words now?" Sooyoung sternly reprimanded Krystal. The others were shocked at the revelation. Minho heaved a sigh of relief, as he thought about his next move.

"I'm sorry... It's just that seeing him again made me so mad that I lost control of my emotions... I promise it won't happen again." Krystal apologised.

"Your actions are understandable, so you're forgiven. Just don't make the same mistake again and you'll regain your position in an hour." Sooyoung replied in a softer tone, smiling. "Actually... There won't be another chance for you to make the same mistake, if someone else manages to avenge you today..." Sooyoung said as she waved her hand in the general direction of Jessica.

"So who's going to avenge my younger sister?" Jessica asked, completely unaware of Sooyoung's hint.

"God help me..." Tiffany mumbled exasperatedly, before she knocked Jessica on the head and told her: "You pabo! Does your icy aura slow down your thought processes as well?!! Sooyoung just indicated that you will avenge her!"

"Oww... That hurt... Since when did Sooyoung indicate that?" Jessica pouted angrily.

Tiffany resisted the urge to ram her partner's head into the nearest tree. She took a deep breath before enlightening her puzzled partner: "Aigoo... Sooyoung waved her hand at the general direction of you, when she was talking to Krystal. Didn't you catch the hint???"

"Oh... I see... I didn't notice that... I was kind of daydreaming about your..." Jessica stated meekly, stopping herself before she revealed too much. Tiffany glared at her and gave her the I-know-what-you're-thinking look. In response to that, Jessica giggled cutely, forcing Tiffany to forgive her silly partner immediately.

"Sorry to interrupt your little love quarrel, but Minho has slipped away..." Sooyoung informed the pair.

"He's not far away, he's still within my extended vision and I can easily catch up to him." Taeyeon informed the others.

"Taeyeon, please catch up to him and light a match so that Tiffany and I can teleport over. And Krystal, don't worry, I'll avenge you!" Jessica stated.

Krystal nodded and said: "Thanks unni, I know you will."

Without further delay, Taeyeon became invisible and warped her way to Minho and lighted a match, causing Minho to stop in his tracks for a lighted matchstick was floating in midair in front of him. A second later, the flame of the matchstick flared up and Tiffany stepped out with an icy blue spear in her hands. The surrounding temperature instantly dropped by several degrees.

From the spear came a voice that said: "You'll pay for murdering my younger sister!"

"We'll see about that." Minho replied as he tightened his grip on his weapon, which was still in the form of Krystal's weapon form. Taeyeon and Sunny just leaned against a tree to watch the fight, while waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.

"Transform." Minho whispered and his weapon changed its form into a flaming red lance. The surrounding temperature rose back up to normal as flames danced around the lance. "Looks like my weapon counters you." Minho said as he laughed.

"Yes, you may have countered my icy aura, but you forgot something..." Jessica replied, still in her weapon form.

"And what might that be?" Minho questioned with a hint of concern in his voice. His expression showed otherwise, for he looked as arrogant as ever.

"Try recalling how we appeared in front of you..." Jessica answered, coolly.

That got Minho slightly worried, so without hesitation he immediately shouted: "Incinerate!" The flames that were dancing around the lance shot forward in a blast of white hot flames towards Tiffany, who just smiled and flicked her wrist towards Minho.

"I'm Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, Wielder of the Flames..." Tiffany said as the flames changed direction and started flying back to Minho. "So... Don't play with fire, or you'll get BURNT!!!" Tiffany added on, just as the flames scalded Minho's hands, causing him to drop his weapon.

Minho stared at Tiffany with hatred as he held his hand which was in intolerable agony. "Be glad I didn't make the flames burn any other part of you." Tiffany told Minho, as she slowly advanced towards him.

Minho gritted his teeth and tried to ignore the pain while he picked up his weapon with his good hand and shouted: "SOUL RESONANCE!!! Camouflage!!!" At once, Minho disappeared from sight.

"Where did he go?" Tiffany wondered aloud as she held her spear up, senses alert for any attack. However, her sense of hearing were not as sharp as Taeyeon's and Minho could be very quiet when he wanted to.

"BEHIND YOU!" Taeyeon shouted the moment she heard Minho's foot land on the ground behind Tiffany. Metal pierced flesh, blood splattered and a scream of agony was heard. Tiffany did not have enough time to react before Minho plunged his lance in through her back and out through her stomach.

"FANY!!!" Jessica screamed and was about to transform back into her human form, when she heard Tiffany's voice in her head: "STAY AS A WEAPON!!!" The others looked on in stunned silence, no one knew how to react to the scene that had unfolded in front of them. Sooyoung and Taeyeon looked at each other, looked up into the foliage above them and looked back at the scene in front of them, shaking their heads slightly.

As Minho became visible again, he attempted to pull his lance out of Tiffany's body, but Tiffany, with every last ounce of her strength, held on to Minho's lance, preventing him from removing it. Minho was naturally surprised, for he had not expected to encounter any resistance while removing his weapon. And that was the last mistake he would ever make...

Utilizing the split second that Minho was surprised, Tiffany swung her arm in an arc, bringing her spear up and above her head, before ramming in point first into Minho's head. The spear pierced right through his head, killing him on the spot, but just to make sure, Tiffany uttered a single word: "Freeze."

Icicles sprouted from Minho's body, the water in his bloodstream freezing into ice. Satisfied, Tiffany used her last reserve of energy to yank her weapon free, before she collapsed onto the ground, unconscious. "Sica... I've helped you avenge your sister..." Tiffany muttered just before she passed out.

Minho's now lifeless body, released its grip on his weapon as it too fell to the ground. Minho's weapon was removed from Tiffany's body by a very distraught Jessica, who was now in her human form and holding onto Tiffany's hand, crying and begging Tiffany to wake up. Minho's weapon transformed back to her human form and knelt next to his body. She cried for a while, before she lay down next to him, dead.

"Sooyoung unni! DO SOMETHING!!! YOU'RE THE GODDESS OF DEATH!!! YOU CAN'T JUST LET TIFFANY DIE!!!" Jessica shouted.

"Relax, Jessica... It's not her time yet, she will live on for a very long time." Sooyoung replied in a calming tone.

"Really?" Jessica asked, her eyes red and swollen from crying.

"Yes." Sooyoung assured her, while Hyoyeon gave her younger sister a comforting hug. Meanwhile, Seohyun knelt down next to Tiffany and checked if Tiffany was still breathing.

"S-S-She i-i-isn't b-b-breathing..." Seohyun stuttered as she pressed her shaking fingers against Tiffany's neck. "S-S-She has n-n-no pulse either..." Seohyun added on. "It's too late..." Seohyun concluded sadly, tears streamed down as she berated herself for being so useless.

With the exception of Sooyoung and Taeyeon, who were masters at hiding their emotions, there was not a single person who's eyes did not even water. Jessica was in absolute denial; she screamed Tiffany's name over and over again, then she started blaming Sooyoung for everything. Jessica accused Sooyoung for lying to her and started punching and kicking Sooyoung.

"Doesn't she realise that if Tiffany was really dead, she'll be dead as well? Jessica hardly ever uses her brain..." Taeyeon thought.

"YAH! TIFFANY HWANG MIYOUNG!!! NICE PRANK, BUT I'M GETTING HURT HERE!!!" Sooyoung shouted, as she tried desperately to evade HellSica's attacks. At that point, everyone froze at their spots and looked at Sooyoung before turning their attention to Tiffany's 'dead body'. Like a phoenix reborn from the flames, Tiffany's 'dead body' erupted into pillar of flames and from the flames, a perfectly alive Tiffany stepped out, holding her sides and laughing gleefully.

"GOTCHA! Gee, you guys sure are easy to fool! Except for Sooyoung unni, of course. And surprisingly Taeyeon noticed too!" Tiffany said as she tried to stop laughing. She finally stopped when Jessica tackled her to the ground and started strangling her.

"YOU. THINK. THIS. IS. FUNNY?!! DO. YOU. KNOW. HOW. I. FELT?!!" Jessica shouted at the top of her voice.

"Chill Sica, what are you strangling anyways?" Tiffany questioned as she looked down from the tree branch where she was sitting on. Jessica looked up at the Tiffany in the trees and then down at the Tiffany she was strangling. The Tiffany on the ground winked at her and transformed into a phoenix made up of hot pink flames and it carried Jessica up to where the other Tiffany was.

Jessica let out a shriek of surprise as she was suddenly lifted of the ground and dumped into the hands of the person with the most captivating eye-smile that Jessica had ever saw. "I hate you. Hmpf!" Jessica pouted as she crossed her arms and looked away. "It's hard to stay angry at someone with eye-smiles like that..." Jessica thought.

"Aww... You're sooo cute!" Tiffany cooed, as she lifted Jessica, bridal style, and jumped off the tree, landing nicely on the ground.

"Put me down!" Jessica ordered, giving Tiffany an icy glare.

"Make me!" Tiffany challenged, smiling back and kissing Jessica gently on the forehead.

"Never mind then... It's pretty comfortable..." Jessica mumbled softly and giggled slightly, as she admired the beautiful girl carrying her.

"I heard that you know..." Tiffany teased, making Jessica's face turn as pink as the clothes Tiffany was wearing. "My arms are getting tired, so I'm going to put you down." Tiffany informed Jessica, before she gently put Jessica down.

"Fany-ah... How on earth did you managed to do whatever you did?" Jessica inquired.

"Fire clones. I can make my flames take the shape of anything I want them to and control them from afar. The only hint that would let you know that a fire clone is not me is that if you look closely enough, a fire clone's pupils are pink, unlike mine." Tiffany replied, cheerfully as always. She snapped her fingers and the oxygen in the air combusted, forming a exact copy of Tiffany when the flames settled down.

Everyone crowded around the clone to take a look at the clone's eyes, however, they looked exactly like Tiffany's. Puzzled, they looked back at the other Tiffany's eyes and realized that they had been talking to another clone all along. The real Tiffany had just teleported to the flames her clone had just created.

Only Taeyeon and Sooyoung knew that Tiffany was trolling them all along, for their ability to sense souls were keener than the rest. The minute they saw Tiffany get pierced by Minho's lance, but could still feel the presence of Tiffany's soul, they knew she was faking from the start. They knew Tiffany's exact location all the while but decided to let Tiffany have her fun showing off to the rest.

"Got you guys again!" Tiffany shouted, laughing away. Her laughter was abruptly stopped when the forest plunged into darkness without warning and in the endless darkness, shadows seem to come alive.

From the shadows, a figure darted forward towards Seohyun with a short sword in her hand. Before anyone had a chance to react, Seohyun fell to the ground, her head rolling away from the rest of her body...