Perfect For You (Chapter 16)

The Vanguard of Death

"Sooyoung unni brought the dashins back to their hometown. Tiffany brought Jessica and Hyoyeon unni back to their hometown. Yonghwa and SeoBaby are planting sweet potatoes in the garden... So that just leaves the two of us in SM..." Yoona commented to Yuri, as they stood on the roof, enjoying the cool breeze and watching the Goguma couple planting sweet potatoes.

"Yeah... How about we go back to our room to have some fun?" Yuri asked Yoona.

Yoona raised an eyebrow at Yuri and replied: "What kind of fun are you thinking about?"

"The kind WE like." Yuri answered with a mischievous grin.

"Sounds like fun! Let's go!" Yoona said, a similar mischievous grin appearing on her face.

Both girls looked at each other in the eye and at the same time shouted at each other: "ERT!!!"

There was a moment of silence, before both girls burst into laughter and held hands, fingers intertwining, as they skipped happily back to their room.

When they reached their room, as Yoona was about to open the door, Yuri suddenly pushed her against the door, pinning Yoona to it.

"Can't wait until we get into the room?" Yoona sniggered, one hand caressing Yuri's face, the other on the door knob behind her.

"With someone as attractive and y as you? Of course not!" Yuri replied, smirking as she closed the distance between them, wrapping her hands around Yoona's waist.

"You're ier and more attractive..." Yoona whispered in a seductive tone, as she turned the door knob and pushed the door open. Using her immense strength, she managed to lift Yuri up, bridal style.

"YA-" Yuri's shout was cut short by Yoona's lips crashing down on hers. Yuri relaxed and wrapped her arms around Yoona's neck, as they deepened the kiss.

"Ahem... I'm here..." A voice mentioned.

Yuri and Yoona stopped kissing and both of them looked up. Yoona almost dropped Yuri in shock, but thankfully she did not. The owner of the voice was sitting on their bed, smiling, her angel wings neatly folded behind her.

"Soojin unni? What brings you here?" The twins asked, surprised that their cousin was sitting in front of them and slightly pissed off that she had ruined their plans. They also felt embarrassed, evident from the fact that they were both blushing.

As Yoona carefully put Yuri down, Soojin informed them: "Appa wants to see you two."

"What?!! Why would Uncle Death want to see us? Doesn't he have better things to do as the God of Death?" Yuri asked, hoping that they could stay in SM to continue what they were doing before Soojin appeared.

"Don't know. He also called for Sooyoung, so something big must have happened or is going to happen. Anyways, I'm busy too... See ya later in hell!" Soojin replied as she extended her wings and disappeared in a flash of dazzling white light.

"Can we ignore what she said and continue what we were doing?" Yuri pleaded, pouting slightly.

"If it wasn't important, Uncle wouldn't call for us and Sooyoung unni. You know it. No worries, we can continue after we get back!" Yoona replied with a forced smile. They both knew that when they get back, they will probably not have time to continue. Yuri nodded in understanding and they revealed their true forms before teleporting to hell. Yuri teleported away in a flash of black light, while Yoona in a white one.

Meanwhile in the garden just behind SM...

"I'm going to hide my present for Seo here at the end of the row, so when Seo plants a sweet potato here, she'll find it and be sooo surprised!" Yonghwa thought as he hid the present under a layer of soil. He looked up to check if Seohyun had noticed what he was doing, but thankfully for him, she was busy planting sweet potatoes.

"This is so fun!" Seohyun said with a smile. "After all this ends, we can come back here and harvest the sweet potatoes! Imagine how many there will be!" Seohyun added on, excitedly as she continued planting.

As she got nearer and nearer to the spot where Yonghwa hid his present, he got more and more nervous, but he managed to mask his emotions as he helped Seohyun plant the sweet potatoes.

"Okay, I'm done with this row!" Seohyun told Yonghwa happily. Yonghwa mentally facepalmed himself, for Seohyun had somehow managed to plant a sweet potato on either side of the spot where he hid the present.

"Is there something wrong?" Seohyun asked with a slightly worried look on her face, after seeing Yonghwa's smile disappear from his face momentarily.

"Umm... Nope. Nothing wrong..." Yonghwa stuttered slightly. "Hey, don't you think you can plant another one in between these two?" Yonghwa asked with an innocent smile.

"Why? It looks perfectly fine to me..." Seohyun replied, pouting cutely.

"Crap... What should I do now? Think Yonghwa... THINK!!!" Yonghwa thought.

"Ke ke ke... Yonghwa, did you seriously think you can outsmart me?" Seohyun thought, laughing to herself, while maintaining her innocent expression.

"Well..." Yonghwa started, scratching the back of his head absentmindedly as he frantically tried to think of an appropriate excuse.

Unable to control her laughter any longer, Seohyun burst out laughing and told Yonghwa: "You seriously think I didn't know that you hid something in the ground? You were acting so suspiciously, anyone would suspect that you were up to no good."

"So you knew about it all along..." Yonghwa mumbled in a dejected tone.

"Heehee... Yeah, I did. It's the thought that counts, not the surprise. No need to feel sad about it. You've never and will probably never manage to outwit me and give me a surprise..." Seohyun whispered into Yonghwa's ear, as she stepped forward to give him a hug.

"When did my pure, innocent goddess Seo become so devious?" Yonghwa wondered aloud, as Seohyun squatted down to dig up his present.

"Well... I guess I got influenced by my unnis..." Seohyun answered with a laugh, as she picked up the present and started to unwrap it.

"Hope you'll like it..." Yonghwa told Seohyun, nervously, as he watched her unwrap the present and open the box inside the wrapper.

"I love it!" Seohyun exclaimed and hugged Yonghwa tightly, after she saw the present. It was a simple silver ring with the words 'Seo <3 Yong' inscribed in pink on it. Yonghwa let off a sigh of relief and hugged his girlfriend back.

"Glad you liked it! I just realised that we've been together for so long, yet we don't even have couple rings... So I decided to get one for you. I've got an identical one for myself too!" Yonghwa told Seohyun happily, while showing her his ring that he wore on his ring finger. Seohyun smiled back at Yonghwa and took the ring out of the box and slipped it onto her ring finger, before Yonghwa could offer to put it on for her.

"Why didn't you let me put the ring on for you..." Yonghwa asked dejectedly.

"Blame your slow reaction time and do you seriously think I don't know what you're going to ask me before putting the ring on for me? I told you before, I'm not ready yet and evil is rising up, we've got to put the world's safety before our happiness, understand?" Seohyun replied, holding back tears, as she looked into Yonghwa's eyes. "I want to say yes... But now's not the right time... You understand my feelings, right?" Seohyun thought.

Yonghwa looked into Seohyun's eyes and deep down, he understood her feelings, but he could not help feeling disappointed. "It was worth a try I guess... After all this is over, I hope you'll be ready then." Yonghwa sighed.

"Thanks for understanding. I will definitely say yes after all this is over." Seohyun promised. The couple smiled at each other and continued planting sweet potatoes in companionable silence until the sun set and everyone started returning to SM.

Meanwhile in Hell...

"I've good and bad news for the three of you." God of Death told the three girls in front of him.

"Bad news first." Sooyoung immediately requested.

"Bad news is... My brother, God of Sleep went on a honeymoon with his wife, fifteen years ago, and hasn't returned since... Needless to say, he neglected his job while on the honeymoon, so we need to find him quickly, if not countless people will have their sleep cycles, completely messed up... Like Jessica's for example. Knowing them, they probably fell asleep somewhere cosy..." God of Death replied.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes, while Yoona and Yuri buried their faces in their palms. "Aish... Uncle is so irresponsible..." Sooyoung muttered under her breath.

"Umma and appa are so embarassing..." Yoona mentioned to Yuri. Yuri nodded in acknowledgement.

"So why did you call us here?" Sooyoung questioned.

"Originally, Goddess of War and I decided that we weren't going to bother you girls and just go and search for him, however, we realised that we would end up neglecting our own jobs, which isn't a good thing, sooo... Only I will be going and before that I need to find someone to take over my job... And someone else to take over God of Sleep's job..." God of Death replied.

"And what's the good news?" Sooyoung asked, despite having a dreadful feeling she knew what her appa was going to say.

"The good news is... You're going to take over my job! I'm going to officially retire and hand over my position to you. As for Yoona and Yuri, both of you will have to temporarily take over your appa's job!" God of Death told them with a smile on his face.

"WHAT?!! ARE YOU JOKING?!! TELL US YOU ARE!!!" Yoona and Yuri shouted in shock.

"Does it look like I'm joking?" God of Death replied, in a deadly serious tone.

Yuri and Yoona both passed out due to shock after hearing God of Death's reply. Shaking her head, Sooyoung asked her appa: "Didn't the prophecy say that the trainer of the Vanguard of Death will only gain immortality when he or she finishes training the vanguard?"

"True. True... But I'm just handing my position to you, not granting you immortality, so it doesn't defy the prophecy." God of Death replied while nodding his head.

"A mortal goddess... What a joke..." Sooyoung muttered, laughing bitterly.

"That's where you're wrong, my dear Youngie..." God of Death informed his daughter, in a comforting tone, while placing his hands on her shoulder.

"I'm wrong?" Sooyoung asked, surprised.

"When your umma was six months pregnant, she was attacked by a drunk person while we were taking a stroll in the park. Getting caught totally off guard, the drunkard managed to slice her abdomen open and out you came, a premature baby, barely alive. Then that drunkard stabbed you right through the chest, killing you instantly. We were already immortal, so your umma didn't die and her wound healed immediately, but you were killed. Then, your body underwent accelerated decomposition, leaving only your skeleton, which started moving... What was more surprising was that you transformed your arm into a scythe blade and stabbed the drunkard in the stomach. Even more scythe blades arched out of your ribcage and stabbed the drunkard multiple times, killing him in the process. Finally, you regained a human form and started crying like any other baby, with the words: 'Blade of the Shadows' inscribed on the scythe blade, which you had transformed your arm into. Maybe you didn't get enough nutrients when you were in your umma's tummy, that's why you are always hungry... Anyways, your true form is your skeleton form, so even if you get 'killed' in your human form, you'll just revert to your skeleton form and live on. At most, you can't return to your human form anymore, but you'll live. In other words, you're immortal..." God of Death finished with a smile.

"I'm immortal..." Sooyoung mumbled to herself, trying to digest the information her appa had just told her.

"Yes, you are my dear... That's why the position of Goddess of Death is perfect for you." God of Death told Sooyoung.

"What about unni?" Sooyoung asked.

"She's the Angel of Death already and she told me she rather remain an angel, as gods and goddesses tend to have a much larger workload. " God of Death said with a laugh.

"I see..." Sooyoung replied, still shocked about what she had just learnt.

"Anyways... Let's not waste time. I shall hand over my position to you now." God of Death told Sooyoung, as he revealed his godly form and placed his hand on Sooyoung's forehead.

In a flash of blinding light, Sooyoung was now the one with the godly form and her appa was just a normal immortal human. At this time, Yuri and Yoona regained consciousness and saw Sooyoung in her newly gained godly form.

"Woah... You're beautiful..." Yuri said in awe.

"Deadly beautiful..." Yoona added.

Sooyoung, in her godly form, was four metres tall, the left side of her body was skeleton, the right half was flesh, one demon wing sprouted from the skeletal side, while an angel wing sprouted from the flesh side. Not only that, arching from her back was four scythe blades, the top two arching up, the bottom two arching down, looking like an 'X' shape, and they served as secondary wings, in addition to her pair of one angel and one demon wings. Her right arm, was a scythe blade as well, as usual.

"You're right about the deadly part." Sooyoung replied with a smirk, before transforming back into her human form. She turned to her father and said: "I'll do my best as the Goddess of Death and good luck in finding uncle."

Her father nodded and turned to Yuri and Yoona and told them: "You two are already immortal and are pretty powerful already, so I think you'll be able to handle your appa's job well, I believe?"

"Yeah, we will. Don't worry, uncle, just tell appa that he's SOOO dead when we see him..." Yuri and Yoona assured their uncle. They knew that this was a serious matter and after getting over the initial shock, they understood that this was the best arrangement in the given circumstances.

"Annyeong Appa! Annyeong unni!" Sooyoung said goodbye to her father and sister.

"Annyeong uncle! Annyeong Soojin unni!" Yuri and Yoona said goodbye to their uncle and cousin, as well.

After which, they teleported back to SM to meet up with the rest of the group. Once they arrived at SM, Sooyoung called for a meeting to break the news to them.

"Well girls... Now, I'm Choi Sooyoung, Blade of the Shadows, Goddess of Death..." Sooyoung introduced herself to the rest with her new title.