Scolded

Royal Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun carefully stepped out of the car as a servant helped him with his bag. Baekhyun stared at all the guards that stood lined up and watched him carefully, like he was ready to run or something. Baekhyun obediently followed the servant towards the “palace” or rather the building where they live.

Baekhyun didn't say anything as he mentally prepared himself to meet his father. He knows exactly how this will end, he will probably get scolded big time and his mother won't be able to protect him. He's pretty sure that he will pay for all this, but at least he got to see how it is to live a normal life like he has always wanted to do.

They entered the big building as Baekhyun walked down the familiar corridor. It didn't take long before he saw a beautiful dressed woman stand and stare at him with teary eyes. He knows that the woman is his mother who has dressed up like usual. Usually he would be really happy to see her, but right now he feels quite ashamed.

Baekhyun stopped in front of his mother who was fast to hug him and he carefully hugged her back. He didn't mean to make her cry and worry her like this, but he thought she understood where he had went. He thought she understood that he couldn't take this life in here for much longer, but he still worried her. He has no right to not feel ashamed.

 

“My little baby boy... You're back.”
“Mm... I'm back...”
“Where have you been for all this time? You made me really worried you know.”
“I'm sorry... I didn't mean to worry you...”
“Your father is waiting for you.”
“Mm... I know... I-Is he... mad?”
“I wish I could say no, but you know your father as well as I do.”
“Okay....”
“You better go and see him as fast as you can, he's in the throne room.”
“Okay... I will go and see him right away.”

 

Baekhyun felt how his mother kissed him on the forehead before she had to let him go again. Baekhyun doesn't want to go on his own to his father, but he has too. Baekhyun followed the servant again as they walked towards the throne room. Baekhyun can already hear his furious father scream at him inside of his head.

 

“My prince, can I take your bag?”
“No.”
“But my prince-”
“I said no, it's my bag and I won't give it to you.”
“I can take it to your room-”
“Like I don't know that you will take everything and throw it away. I know what my father thinks.”
“My prince, please-”
“No, please don't take it.”

 

Baekhyun doesn't want to be rude, but this bag is precious to him now. In here is all the memories he has gathered while he was away. In this bag he got his happiness and this is all he wants.

 

“We're here sir.”
“Thank you.”

 

Baekhyun stared at the door into the throne room as he took a deep breath. He then slowly pushed the door open as he walked into the big hall. He stopped after only some few steps while the servant grabbed the door and closed it behind him. Baekhyun is now standing alone in the throne room with only one more person. His father.

 

“Baekhyun...”

 

The steady yet threatening voice echoed through the room as Baekhyun tried to control his feelings. He has to control himself, he can't scream back at his father if he starts screaming at him.

 

“Come over here. Now.”

 

Baekhyun felt how his legs refused to move at first. Is he scared? Baekhyun forced his body to move as he slowly walked closer to his father who stared at him with dark eyes. He's really angry, he's probably even furious right now. Baekhyun stopped some steps away from his father who sat on a throne and stared at him. He's so furious...

 

“You... How dare you...? How dare you to make a fool of me?!”

 

Baekhyun stood silent as his father sat up fast and let out his anger in a form of a roar. The room fell in silence after the roar-like scream as no one moved or said anything for a while. Baekhyun stared down at the floor as he waited for his father to continue.

 

“Have you lost your respect for me?! Look at me when I'm talking to you!”

 

Baekhyun slowly raised his head as he stared into his father's furious eyes. He knew he would be mad, but why is he so furious? Baekhyun didn't mean to make him this mad, yet he's standing here and is screaming at Baekhyun right off the bat.

 

“You... Oh you haven't just made me look like a fool! You have put shame to your family! You have made the royal family look like a joke! Like we're just people who use the governments money for our own fun! Do you realize what kind of situation you created when you left?! You worried more than just one person!”
“Father, I'm sorry-”
“You have no right to say you're sorry! You know exactly what you did and you had control over it all! You can't come to me and say that you felt forced to leave!”
“I'm not saying anything like that.”
“Then you shouldn't apologize to me! You scared a whole nation! And you also skipped your engagement ceremony for a couple of months ago! Do you have any slightest idea of how mad your soon-to-be-bride got?! And her parents felt as ashamed as I do right now! I'm on the edge to send you to prison if you don't get sharped! You're not my son if you can't do as I say!”

 

Baekhyun stood silent as his father slowly seemed to calm down. Baekhyun didn't dare to open his mouth again for a while as he looked to the side to find courage to look at his father again. He truly hates this situation so much and right now he wishes that he didn't come back home. But if he had kept waiting to come home, his father would have gotten even angrier the longer he stayed away from them.

 

“Baekhyun...”

 

Baekhyun slowly looked up at his father who looked seriously at him. Baekhyun tried to keep his eyes on his father, but he felt how he looked away uncomfortable from time to time. He truly can't face his father like this, he's not even close to prepared.

 

“Go to your room. Think of what you have done and by dinner tonight, you will tell me if it really was that good to leave the palace like you thought. Also, think of a way to apologize to your soon-to-be-bride.”
“S-She's here?”
“Of course she is! You're going to get married soon, aren't you?!”

 

Baekhyun looked away from his father who leaned back in his chair. He's done talking now? Baekhyun stood silent for some minutes just in case his father had something more to say before he slowly bowed.

 

“Then ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter