Chapter 8

Because Your Love Is Like The Wind

 

I climbed the stairs towards her room. I haven’t set foot to this part of the house in years. During the time she was in college I visited her parents a couple of times but was only in the living room. Her house was exactly like it was when I last saw it. Then my eyes caught sight of a picture hanging on the wall at the top of the stairs. A handsome looking boy around the age of 10 was sitting on a swing and a pretty little girl was hugging him from the side and kissing his cheeks was in the picture. I smiled as I reminisced in the past and I thought of how much I am going to miss those memories. I knocked on the door but there was no response so I turned the door knob to find Sophie sleeping on the huge bed covered by a thick comforter. Her room was still the room where we used to hang out in. The only thing that’s changed is the bed sheet did not have any more princesses on them and the shelves were now replaced by books and cds. I went to the side of her bed and stared at her peaceful face. She looked beautiful even when sleeping despite her hair was not primed perfect like they usually do. Hell, she looked like she’s been electrocuted but I prayed to God, wishing I was able to wake up every morning to see her face next to me.

After waking her up I went down and waited for her to get ready in the tv room.

 

 

 

 

Sophie’s POV

My sleep was disturbed when I heard a faint whisper of someone calling my name. The voice that was calling my name was deep and a little husky. The voice seemed familiar but I could not comprehend who was the owner. I didn’t feel like waking up early today so I just turned my body away from the direction of the voice. Despite my efforts, this did not stop the voice from bugging me so I gave in and opened my eyes. I was so surprised to see Seunghyun standing next to me poking my arms trying to wake me up.

“Yah!! Choi Seunghyun! What are you doing in my room??”

“I’m stalking you pea brain!” he said while laughing heartily

“I’m not joking!” I yelled

“We’re supposed to go out but someone seemed to have lost their planner, and that someone I meant is you. Get up lazy and get ready. Wear something comfortable arasso?” he ruffled my head and walked out of my room.

“Damn, why did omma allow Hyunnie to wake me up? Omo, I must have looked so ugly just now that’s why he laughed so hard. Aigoo that silly boy would do anything to embarrass me” I mumbled alone as I was getting ready.

 

“You’re gonna flip when you see this place” he said. He excitedly pulled her to follow him. He was half skipping, half running towards the entrance. Sophie obediently followed him until she saw the huge signboard that they were walking towards. Now she was as excited as he was.

“Omo omo, that shark is huge!!” she said as she clanged on Seunghyun’s arm.

Seunghyun knew so well that she loved animals and the sea decided to bring her for a special trip to the aquarium. She observed the vast types of animals housed at the Coex aquarium in amazement and Seunghyun couldn’t help but smile seeing how cute she was being excited.

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun’s POV

“Aigoo!! Those penguins are so cute!!!!!” she yelled as she imitated the way the penguins waddle

I laughed so hard looking at her and said “Yah Miss Park, Stop embarrassing me. I have a reputation to keep. I didn’t realize that I came to the aquarium with my daughter”

She pouted cutely at me which made me laugh some more. Because I laughed so hard at her she punished me by jumping on my back surprising me with a piggyback. So I carried her on my back throughout the remaining of our journey. We walked some more until it was time for the animal show. We sat in the front row of the theater as we watched the divers swim among the fish and sharks. As I sat, I was slowly overwhelmed with nervousness. I silently prayed that everything goes well.

The divers patted the sharks and touched the stingray. The fishes made formations which were really fascinating to watch. The show was amazing but my mind kept wondering off. I stole glances towards Sophie who was happily watching the show. At the end of the show, 2 divers brought a banner to the front of the display glass. Everyone was puzzled and Sophie turned her head towards me.

“Did you do this?” she asked pointing at the banner

I grinned sheepishly.

She then hugged me and said “I love you too best!”

I bent down and inched closer to her face and planted a kiss on her lips. Her lips were soft and tender and tasted like strawberries. It has been so long since I have wanted to do that. To my surprise, she did not back away from my kiss but instead allowed me to kiss her some more. People around us were cheering and clapped but we didn’t care as the kiss intensified. Soon we were standing up catching stolen breathes in between. She hoped and intertwined her legs on my body while my hands supported her back. Her fingers were running through my hair. At this time I was supporting both our weight. We quickly moved to a secluded area and kissed some more. We crashed into the wall. Her back against the wall and my arms caged her in between. I nibbled on her lips and our tongues intertwined.

By the time we stopped, we were flustered and embarrassed of what we had done. We had passed the boundaries of a bestfriend and there was no turning back.

“So what happens now?” she asked

We were standing in front of the aquarium housing the seahorses as I stared at her face which was illuminated by the blue light from the aquarium.

“I love you Sophie, more than I’m supposed to love a bestfriend. I always have but I was a coward. I was afraid that you don’t feel the same and I’d lose you as a bestfriend at the same time. Those years apart made me realize that what I felt for you was not love towards a friend but something more. And the pain I bared when you disappeared on me.no calls no text no facetime no nothing. I tried calling you a million times but you disappeared on me. 5 years Sophie, I hung onto our memories hoping that you’d come back every new years, every summer break. I’m not gonna let you slip by me anymore. ”

“What about your girlfriend?” she asked timidly

“There was never a girlfriend, well there was but we broke up Sophie, because the only girl I ever looked at was you. I have been by your side through every ups and downs. Every boyfriends every crush every heartache, I was there waiting for that one moment for you to turn and realize that I have been there waiting for you. That tiny jolt of joy I felt when you look at me because I know for one split second I was on your mind.”

I touched her cheeks as tears threaten to fall down. I pulled her to my chest and kissed her forehead and said “you know what, just forget what I said. our friendship matters more and I’ll always be your bestfriend”

“Truth be told Hyunnie, I’ve always had a tiny crush on you” she said giggling and looking away.

I smiled and teasingly asked “are you sure its tiny? I’ve seen the way you stare blankly at me. I’m certain it’s bigger than tiny.”

“Shut up Seunghyun!”

“So……….am I Boyfriend?”I asked her cutely and winked at her making heart shapes over my head.

“I dunno” she answered and turned to walk away hiding her smile at the same time.

I was left standing their flabbergasted and dumbfounded. How is it possible that she not know after the cheesy confession I did that I wanted to barf at myself.

“Hey Mr Boyfie, are you coming or not?” she shouted and giggled.

I walked up to Sophie, and took Sophie's hands into mine. Our hands intertwined like it was ment to be 

"Hey it fits perfectly" I said.

A smile formed on my face and i thought to myself, " I'm sorry for being selfish and this is going to hurt you more than it is going to hurt me but I'm thankful for  the chance you are giving me"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope i dont bore you all with my super lame writing :( My fic is boring right? Just tell me the truth I'll accept them open heartedly. To be a better writter, i will accept your critism... ahhh enough of my ramblings.. enjoy ^^ Gomawo. oh..i nearly forgot..do u guys want this fic to be a short one or a long one(not super long one just a deeper one that might just make you guys tear jerk).comment and tell me your opinion? im considering giving you guys a winding road cause i love you guys..but if you dont want to read it anymore i'll keep it short and sweet..ahhh enough rambling!!.. kamsahamnida ^^