Chapter 15

Because Your Love Is Like The Wind

It’s been a week since Seunghyun and I tied the knot. During that one week we have been busy moving into our new house. Seunghyun being the miracle worker he was managed to buy a house on the outskirts of the city. The house was too huge for two but he insisted on buying it. He involved himself with designing and decorating the house. It was a 2 storey house with high rise windows that overlooked the city view. Our kitchen had white marble tops lined with gold. The glass dining table that fitted a party of 8 sat marvelously under a crystal chandelier as shiny cutleries waiting to be used placed nicely on top of the table. The TV room was equipped with state of the art entertainment system. Lined on the walls were my books nicely stacked on shelves that reached the ceiling. Behind the house was a garden and pool that screams summer. Shaded by a huge apple tree was a hammock, imagining myself and Seunghyun cuddling in it as we watch our kids play in the garden. Feeling lonely in the huge house I decided to go out and enjoy the summer sun of July. I drove to my favorite corner street starbucks. I didn't feel like sitting around in the shop so I ordered a caramel frapp to go. I decided to stroll the streets of Hongdae. Fashion stores aligned on my left and right. The street was bustling as it was a Saturday. I entered the shops without buying anything. I was content simply window shopping. As I reached an alley, I heard a woman saying

 

"Oppa..I miss you so much. How could you have left me like that?"

 

Soon I heard the woman and sound of rough kisses emitted and I knew very well that they are kissing. I tried to pass by quietly trying not to make myself the attention when I saw a tall dark haired guy. He wore black long pants complemented with a pink blazer. The women pinning him to the wall was on his lips as her right hands grabbed onto his black shirt collar and her left was running through his hair.

 

My body felt numb as tears immediately fell to my cheeks. My hands that were firmly holding my cup of coffee gave way as they froze and numbed making me slip my coffee. The sound from the fallen cup made the couple aware of their surroundings.

 

"Sophie?" The man croaked as he tried to escape from the woman's grasp luckily my reflexes didn't fail me. I managed to slip among the visitors of the bustling street of Hongdae as I ran to my car. Tears didn't stop falling. From the rear view window i saw the man running towards my car as he grasp for air. I zoomed away from the scene leaving the man running trying to catch up with my car.

 

 

 

My heart ached so badly. My visions blurred as tears flooded my eyes. Angered and feeling betrayed I furiously hitted the stering wheel.

 

"What the Choi Seunghyun!!"

 

My phone ringed nonstop. I didn't bother to check as I knew who the caller was. I drove on aimlessly not wanting to go home to face him. My heart tinged even more as the image of the tall blond woman grabbing his collar, kissing him lustfully. The image played over and over again. A broke tape, repeating itself in my head. It's only been a week since we married and he's already cheating on me. What happened to forever and always? Maybe it was really too good to be true. The bestfriend I have been crushing on since forever would actually have feelings for me. Me, Sophie Park. The girl who hangs out with guys all the time. The one who joined a football team because she taught the netball team was too girly. Me, Sophie Park that never miss a day not wearing sneakers. Me, Sophie Park that was never beautiful enough for guys to ask to prom. I was the awkward little girl who wore braces growing up. Stupid me who believed he would honestly want me. He must have married me out of sympathy because he realized I had feelings for him. Stupid Sophie. I hit the steering wheel in frustration. Sophie Choi, the name doesn't even sound right. The pain in my heart intensified thinking how unpleasant my name sounded with a Choi. The betrayal stung my heart and pain was suffocating me. I have never felt that much pain that it left me breath less.

 

" you Seunghyun" I cursed some more.

 

I parked at the side of the road. I couldn't drive anymore. Hiccups alternated with sniffs as my phone kept ringing. Annoyed I decided to switch of my phone. Tears couldn't stop streaming down, as my eyes caught sight of the diamond ring Seunghyun confidently placed on my ring finger. I cursed under my breath. My hands were quick reaching the ring taking it off my finger. I furiously threw the ring on the car floor as I slumped my head on the steering wheel crying even more.

Soon regret overwhelmed me. I knew we were rushing into this marriage. I knew it was too soon but I didn't save myself from the heartache because I trusted him. He is after all my bestfriend and I thought he would protect my heart but he didn't. He stole it away from me only to crush it into pieces with his own hands. Images of our dates played in my mind which made my heart bleed even more than it already was. Those perfect dates in the park, the aquarium, the beach and everywhere else were all lies and fake. I thought to myself maybe this was a way that God was telling me I was wrong into believing him. I lean my head back and brought my knees to my chest, muffling my cries with my knees. I closed my eyes listening to the song played on the radio drowning myself in its words.

 

 

Let's talk this over

It's not like we're dead

Was it something I did?

Was it something you said?

Don't leave me hanging

In a city so dead

Held up so high

On such a breakable thread

 

You were all the things I thought I knew

And I thought we could be

 

You were everything, everything that I wanted

We were meant to be, supposed to be but we lost it

And all of the memories, so close to me, just fade away

All this time you were pretending

So much for my happy ending

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

edited my mistakes... :) are u team jess or team sophie? tell me your thoughts.