Chapter 17

Because Your Love Is Like The Wind

 


The smell of roasted coffee mixed with smoked bacon and buttered toast drifted throughout the house. The tempting scent woke Sophie and told her that their maknae was awake and preparing breakfast.

“Good morning baby Seunghyun” She greeted him.

“Oh, you’re awake! Morning my pretty noona” he said winking at her and handing her a cup of coffee. She sat at the counter as she watched Seungri prepare breakfast. The doorbell suddenly chimed.

“Isn’t it a little too early for visitors?” she complaint, walking towards the door to greet their visitor.

“MAKNAE!” Daesung, Jiyong, Seunghyun and Youngbae greeted cheerfully with Youngbae and Jiyong wearing a Germany football jersey and Daesung wearing the Brazil jersey whereas Seunghyun wore a simple blue checkered shirt.

“Baby?” Seunghyun said rushing towards Sophie hugging her, kissing her forehead. He had eyebags under his eyes and he clearly looked exhausted. Sophie cut loose of his grip and led them towards the kitchen.

“Eh, Soph?” the 3 boys asked puzzled by her actions.

They all entered the kitchen. Seungri smiled at his hyungs greeting them while pouring coffee for each of them. Sophie took her coffee out towards the poolside to have some time alone. She placed her coffee down. The summer sun shined brightly on her so she took off her bathrobe revealing Seungri’s oversized tshirt wrapped around her body. She lay down on the poolside chair and her hands fiddled with her wedding ring. Being in Seunghyun’s embrace shattered all her anger and frustration towards him yet she was not ready for the confrontation when suddenly a deep low voice behind her derailed her train of thoughts.

“I’m sorry honey. It was totally my fault. Tell me a way I can make things right. I’ll do anything.”

Now Seunghyun was standing next to her covering the sun from her, his hands reaching for Sophie’s hand.

“Get out of my face Seunghyun” She said as she hit his hands away. She stood up from her seat and faced Seunghyun.

 The boys who were busy watching football on TV now have turned their attention to their best friend couple.

“If they break up, I’m with noona.” Seungri said nonchalantly which deserved him a smack from Youngbae.

“That means I’ll have to take hyung then.” Jiyong shot jokingly.

“But I like them both equally. So this is how a kid in the middle of a parents’ divorce feels.” Daesung uttered timidly.

“Yah you guys. This is not a joke. They are not getting a divorce and if it does happen, we’re not taking sides. It’s a little misunderstanding. They can get through it.” Youngbae advocated.

“I can explain Soph.”

“What crazy explanations do you have for kissing another woman in the middle of the street?”

“She came onto me. I didn’t kiss her. She kissed me. I swear. See, she even bit me.” Seunghyun said defending himself pointing at his bruised lips.

“Who is she? Why were you in Hongdae? I thought you had to go to the office?” Sophie shot at him with her arms crossed on her chest.

“I dated her before I dated you. Her name is Jess. I dumped her because I wanted to be with you. I was in Hongdae cause I wanted to buy those spicy rice cakes you love so much. I wanted to surprise you.”

“Why did you guys break up? She wasn’t good enough for you? Not pretty enough? Wah, that was reality check. I’m not even half as pretty as she was. My s are way smaller. I don’t have an . I rarely dress up like that. Does that mean you’re gonna dump me like that too if you find someone prettier?” Sophie laughed sarcastically.

“I guess I should have stared myself in the mirror first. You are one of those people who are way out of my league. I can’t compete with h….”

Seunghyun dived in and kissed Sophie’s lips. Gently but Sophie furiously pushed him away.

“Baby, I married you because I love you beyond words can say. You are the prettiest woman on earth. The smartest to top that. And I love every part of you. You make want to do crazy wild things to you. That’s how beautiful you are in my eyes. Even if you wore literally nothing, no makeup, no nothing I would still wake up every morning simply to stare at your beautiful face. You’re kind, caring, loving, I’d be crazy to dump you. I’m never letting you go. I made a vow to you. So believe me when I say that you are my wife forever and always because you are no doubt the best thing that ever happened to me”

Seunghyun confessed and gently he locked his lips in Sophie’s. His hands were cupping her face. Slowly, gently and passionately he salvage Sophie’s plump lips. Tears rolled down her face. They stopped kissing but their forehead and nose still rubbed against each other, Seunghyun whispered to her, “I’m sorry for causing you this much heartache.” His thumb wiped away Sophie’s tears. She smiled at him.

“I love you so so much Seunghyun. Don’t ever let me go.”

“Never baby never.”

 

“That was so romantic” Daesung sniffed as he grabbed a tissue Seungri offered. The 4 of them planned to watch a football match and here they were not taking their eyes off the drama happening outside. The 4 of them went outside to their two best friends.

“So I guess everything is cool now?” Youngbae asked rubbing his nape.

“Yeah.” Seunghyun and Sophie answered.

Sophie reached into Seunghyun’s pocket and got his car keys and phone.

“Why do you need those baby?” Seunghyun asked his face puzzled. A naughty glint emitted from Sophie’s eyes and with all her might she pushed Seunghyun into the pool.

“That’s for kissing another woman”

The 4 boys behind them laughed so hard when suddenly their maknae went flying through the air after being pushed by Jiyong with great force.

“HYUNG IT”S SO COLD!!!!!!” he screamed form inside the pool.

“Don’t lie maknae. It’s summer.” Seunghyun smirked pointing at Daesung who was silently creeping into the house afraid of being pushed into the pool. Jiyong and Youngbae were quick to react as they carried Daesung to the side of the pool.

“One, two, three!” Jiyong and Youngbae together threw poor Daesungie into the water. They all laughed heartily at the screaming Daesung.

“It’s your turn now” Sophie declared as she kicked both the unaware Jiyong and Youngbae in. All the boys were soaked and Sophie stood by the side of the pool laughing at all of them.

“Hey Soph, this is not fair. You have to be wet with us.” Jiyong pouted at Sophie.

As Sophie was about to respond a huge wave of water splashed onto her and she shrieked in shock.

“YAH CHOI SEUNGHYUN!!!”

“Baby baby, sorry” he said as he went to the side and reached out to comfort Sophie. Holding Sophie’s hand he pulled her into the pool with all of them. Sophie screamed some more as Seunghyun caught her in his arms.

“I got you babe.” He smiled at her.

“You’re so mean!” She said hitting his chest continuously.

“One night without you next to me and all you gave me are hits and “you’re mean”?” Seunghyun pouted and started to wiggle in the water weirdly doing his alien dance. Sophie laughed so hard at his dancing.

“Hyung, one night and you have blue balls already?” Jiyong asked cheekily.

“Shut up. If you have a wife you’d probably bang her day and night.” Seunghyun sarcastically answered him.

“Whoa, are you guys seriously gonna talk about banging girls right now instead of soaking the summer sun? It’s so beautiful!” Youngbae asked trying to divert from the topic.

“Youngbae hyung, at least they are banging adults instead of obsessing over a child. I think Tablo hyung is starting to doubt your obsession of Haru.” Daesung added.

“Yeah, plus I’m the one she truly likes, Youngbae. So back off.” Jiyong smirked.

“Fine I give up. Stop picking on me. I’m not Seungri”

“Why me? Noona, their bullying me again.” The poor maknae questioned pulling his puppy eyes at his hyungs and noona.

“Soph, don’t fall for it. You pamper the maknae too much. Soon, you’re gonna be his mum if you don’t stop.” Jiyong said warning Sophie.

“Yeah baby, I don’t want to be Seungri’s dad. That would be super awkward cause we’d have the same name.” Seunghyun said and his face clearly disgusted at the thought.

So they spent the day playing by the pool, goofing around like little kids.

His eyebrows pinched together and he clenched his teeth, his face cringed. Seunghyun’s headache bothered him again. Around him, his friends continued laughing and joking. Seunghyun looked around at his friends and smiled wishing things would stay the same. He was simply going to miss each and every one of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

I stood staring at the name plaque in front of me. My hand on the doorknob, hesitant to turn it.

 

Seo M.J. M.D.

Neurology Department

 

I breathed in deeply filling my lungs with air as I entered the office ready for whatever the doctor had to say. The little old man sitting at his table smiled when he saw me enter.

“Good Morning Mr Choi, please take a seat” the old man chimed as he stood up and bowed at me.

“Good morning doc” I answered simply.

The little old man hoped off the swiveling chair holding X-Ray films in hand. He walked towards the viewing panel and switched the lights revealing tones of images of what appears to be the head.

 He clasp his hands together, his expression grim.

“I regret to inform you that you have Brainstem glioma.”

I felt the air being out of me and surrounding was silent but my ears buzzed as I felt the death sentence being put on me. I wasn’t sad nor angry but I was numb.

“How long do I have?” I croaked, my voice barely escaped my mouth.

“Well, brainstem glioma is an aggressive and dangerous cancer. With appropriate treatment, there is a 37% chance of surviving more than a year but without sufficient treatment, the life expectancy is typically a few months from time of diagnosis.”

I couldn’t nod, my brain refused to digest what the doctor was saying. I remained mimed staring blankly at the X-Ray images.

“For this type of glioma, I would not recommend neurosurgery basically because the tumor is located on the brainstem. The brainstem is very delicate and the risk of paralysis, brain malfunction or memory loss is too great. The treatments I would suggest are drug therapies and radiation therapy. But the risks to these therapies are loss in balance control, nausea and in some cases memory loss.”

I listened blankly at the doctor. ‘Memory loss?” I asked after some time. I can’t risk that, not when Sophie and I are not in talking to each other. Memories of my childhood and the last time I saw her at the airport rewind itself like a movie playing in my head. Her beautiful face, those blue eyes of hers went on and on in my head.

As I stepped out of the doctor’s office, I took out my phone and dialed a number I have long ago given up to contact. As expected it went into voicemail.

“Soph, please come home. Please I really really need to see you. Forgive me for whatever I did wrong. I need to see you one last time.” I said before chocking as I muffled my cries in my hand.

 

End of flashback

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

so now we know why he is doing what he is doing :'( ..........Tabi ah!!!! hehe^^ i hope i didnt deprive you guys by the slow update..dont forget comment you thoughts..thank u!!