Chapter 22

Because Your Love Is Like The Wind

That morning Jiyong, Daesung and Sophie drove out to Hongdae. They roamed through the shop trying to find a perfect dress for Sophie. As her belly has grown a lot bigger, it was becoming more challenging to find the perfect dress. This made Sophie even more depressed than she already was but both Daesung and Jiyong didn’t give up, not wanting to disappoint their hyung.

“Noona, don’t cry. We will walk all day if we have to. We will find it. Right hyung?” Daesung said trying to comfort Sophie who was already slumped at the couch in the 7th store they entered as Jiyong nodded agreeing with Daesung.

“No. I’m huge like a whale and nothing fits me. I’m ugly and a widow. A fat widow. I’m tired. Let’s just go back.”

“Soph, you’re beautiful like crazy. Daehyun and Hae-Won are making you even more pretty. And who cares you are a widow? You still have us. You can say the 4 of us are your entire collection of husbands, we wouldn’t mind. You are not alone Soph. Just talk to us.” Jiyong crouched in front of her to level their eyes. His hand reached out to catch the tears about to escape Sophie’s eyes. Sophie nodded as she struggled to stand up from the couch. Daesung seeing her struggle took her hand and helped her.

“I’ll piggy back you noona.” Daesung offered. Sophie shakes her head not wanting to trouble Daesung.

“I’m heavy Dae. It’s 2 people here.” She timidly answered touching her belly.

“Nothing strong Daesungie can’t do. Trust me noona.” He said confidently giving her his adorable smile crouching down in front of Sophie. Sophie reluctantly climbed on his back and he easily stood up and said

“See, you aren’t that heavy or I’m just too strong right noona?” Daesung cockily answered. A small smile formed on her face and Jiyong saw the smile as he heaved in relieve. After successfully finding a dress for her, Jiyong drove out to a spa and the three of them spent the afternoon there pampering themselves. After forcing Sophie for a facial and massage, they forced her to get her nails done. Sophie reluctantly agreed but a small part of her was happy seeing the efforts her best friends were putting in to cheer her up.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong drove silently to meet Seungri and Youngbae. With the tired Daesung sleeping in the passenger’s seat next to him, Sophie in the back seat quietly observing the beautiful snow outside the window. It was getting dark and the street of Seoul was decorated with twinkling lights ready for Christmas. There were decorations of snowman and raindeers lining the little shops along the way. Sophie stared in empty at them seemingly not amused at all. They reached Gangnam that emitted its youthful vibe as clubs and bars lined the streets of Gangnam.

“Aigoo!!! My noona is so pretty!!!” Seungri jumped excitedly as he hurried towards Sophie.

“Seriously maknae. Your idea for a birthday party for a pregnant whale like me is to go clubbing?”

“Noona! Don’t say that. You are prettier with my nephew and niece inside! And no,not clubbing but do you remember how much you love dancing to jazz music last time? The one your grandfather thought you?” Seungri excitedly said as he rubbed Sophie’s belly.

“That was when I had a grandfather.” Sophie shot.

“Aish noona! Not the point! Just follow me.” Pulling Sophie’s hand walking towards a vintage looking pub, with the 4 boys following behind.

“SURPRISE!!!!”

Sophie was surprised to see the whole pub was filled with familiar faces. She saw Sandara, Bom, Chaerin and Minzy. Her parents, Seunghyun’s parents, friends and other family members gathered there. She cried seeing so many people turning up for her birthday but that one face she longed for was not there. Dara ran up to her and hugged her in a tight embrace followed by the other girls.

“Aigoo, cuzzie. I’m sorry for your lost. It was so sudden. And AIGOO!!!” Dara shrieked excitedly as she held Sophie’s belly in her hands.

“You are glowing!!! And your stomach is beautiful! When is the due date? Do you know if it’s a boy or girl?” Dara questioned nonstop.

Sophie flustered at Dara’s reaction answered holding her stomach proudly. “My due date is in March. It’s a boy and girl. DaeHyun and Hae-Won.”

“Jinjja? Omo, I’m going to have pretty and handsome nephew and niece at one time!!” fanning herself over the excitement. Dara turned around and saw that her other bestfriends were busy flirting with the boys.

“Hey, look Jiyong is waiting for you.” Sophie said pointing at Jiyong who was standing in the corner awkwardly holding his drink.

“Neh, he can wait. You are more important. So how are you holding up?”

“I’m trying. But it’s just so hard you know. I’ve known him all my life. Even a little excitement I would turn to him and now it’s just nothing.”

Dara held Sophie’s hand. “What bout the other guys? Are they helpful?”

“Yeah they are. They are trying their best but it’s just not the same. I knew Seunghyun first before I knew them.”

Dara listened intently at Sophie’s every word and slowly she uttered.

“Soph, I dunno how to say this but, Seunghyun approached me weeks ago and he gave me a letter.” Sophie’s eyes glint in shock at the news as she felt her baby kick, she rubbed her belly lovingly.

“What did he say?”

Dara rummaged through her bag and pulled out a white envelope and handed it to Sophie. She opened the letter and saw Seunghyun’s writing.

 

Dear Dara, cousin-in-law

            I have come to a point that every men cannot avoid inevitably. By this I will have to leave my dearest Sophie. Now she is pregnant and it hurts me even more to have to leave her at such a delicate stage. The reason for my letter is simply to ask a favor from you. When I’m gone, Sophie will be in a wreck and I beg of you to be her girlfriend. Listen to what she has to say. Be the pillow that catches her tears. She may seem like she has the boy’s back and strong but I was that girlfriend to her. I listened to her sad heartbreaks, her boy crushes and her girly worries. There are times she will confide in Seungri but Seungri is young and sees things from a dongsaeng’s point of view so he will side with Sophie no matter what. A girl will always need a girlfriend no matter how tough she looks. Don’t be afraid to oppose her if she’s wrong. There are times when she would simply keep it to herself. Signs if ever she has a problem but is keeping it to herself can easily be observed. If ever she is watching TV and keeps changing the channel every 5 seconds, ask her what’s wrong. There are also times when she stares blankly and zones out. By these signs you can easily see if she is troubled in heart. I am sorry for leaving you with such a heavy burden but it is the only way I can think of for cleaning my mess. With that I end my letter with a million thank you and take care of yourself Sandara Park. Till we meet again.

 

Sincerely,

Seunghyun.

PS: Jiyong is a really nice guy and he seems to be really into you :D

 

 

Sophie bowed her head down catching her cry in her hands. Dara drapped her arms around her not uttering a word but simply letting Sophie cry on her shoulders. Seungri was standing next to the jazz player observing the party when his eyes caught sight of Sophie and Dara. He become conscious that Sophie was crying, her shoulders bounced up and down because of her hiccup. In a blink of an eye Seungri ran up to Sophie.

“Noona, What’s wrong?” crouching in front of Sophie.

Sophie shakes her head and smiled. “This pregnancy is making me very emotional without a reason maknae.”

“NOONA!! AISH!! Don’t scare me like that. I thought you were in pain. Maybe the babies are ready to come or something. Tsk. Let’s dance noona. Stop crying, it’s your birthday” Seungri said leading her to the dance floor.

They swayed in rhythm with the music. Seungri firmly holding onto his noona as he protected her from the guests that were dancing around them. Sophie had a good time surrounded by friends and family, laughing and catching up with everyone. Some complimenting her pregnancy, some asking her due date, some just simply reminiscing of the good old days. When the last guest left, the 5 of them still sat in the empty pub, all with a drink in hand except for Youngbae and Sophie.

“Thanks guys. It’s amazing you managed to pull this party together in a day.” Sophie smiled at each one of them.

“Don’t sweat it noona. Hyung would kill us if we didn’t follow his instructions.” Seungri answered with his slurred words clearly drunk.

“His instruction?” Sophie was taken aback and turns to the only one sober, Youngbae.

“Hmm, a week ago we got a letter in the mail and surprise surprise it was a letter from hyung. We thought it was some sick joke of some sort but opened it out of curiosity. It was really hyung’s handwriting. It was like a letter from the dead or something you know.” Youngbae explained calmly at her.

“What did he say?”

“Just guy stuff and things like don’t leave Sophie’s side kinda thing. Nothing you should worry too much about. So you goin home or you wanna crash at our home tonight? These boys are clearly going to sleep at my house.” Youngbae said trying to change the topic.

“Ney, I’d rather just go back. I’m tired and these babies have been restlessly kicking me.” Sophie said convincingly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a short one..am i disappointing? thank you for subscribing. i really aprreciate the love i've been getting... so tell me your thoughts!!!