Chapter 19

Because Your Love Is Like The Wind

 

 


Seunghyun paced the waiting room. He was angry. He was angry at Jess.

“ you Jess” he cussed alone. He punched the wall hurting himself. It has been more than an hour since Sophie was hauled into the emergency room and he was getting agitated. The longer he waited the more he hated Jess. He paced and paced but still nothing. Suddenly the white door swayed open as a tall man with horned brimmed glasses probably in his 50s walked out.

“Monsieur Choi?” he asked.

“Yes, how is my wife?” he asked panicky.

“She’s awake. Follow me.” The man instructed.

A wave of relieve washed over him and he heaved his worries away to follow the doctor towards her room.  He entered the room and saw Sophie lying down on the huge hospital bed smiling at him. He ran towards her. He embraced her tightly and kissed her temple.

“Don’t ever scare me like that ever again.”

The doctor in front of them ready to talk to them cleared his throat before beginning.

“You will have to stay the tonight for observation. It appears that the accident just now made your uterus wall thinner than it should be. Another fall like this might endanger your pregnancy.” Sophie and Seunghyun stared blankly at the doctor.

“I’m pregnant?” Sophie asked clearly shocked by the revelation.

“Oh, you didn’t know? I assumed you knew because you are nearly 3 months pregnant with twins.” the doctor asked clearly shocked.

Sophie broke into tears as Seunghyun kissed her.

“We’re gonna have twins?” at this point Seunghyun was also in tears as he hugged Sophie.

“Are you still having you menstrual cycle madame?” He asked with his heavy French accent.

“No, but I thought it was normal because my cycles are never constant.” Stuttering, still in shock of the happy news.

“How didn’t I realize this? Why don’t I have morning sickness? And why is my stomach still not showing? Are my babies healthy?”

“Well, different bodies have different response. So it was possible for you to not realize and not go through morning sickness.” The doctor smiled.

“How is it possible? I have hormone imbalance. I’m taking supplements. My doctor said it’s hard for me to get pregnant.”

“Well, it is possible. At the time you and your husband had ual your hormone levels were high enabling your ovaries to ovulate at the right time. Please rest more and eat more. Your babies are a little small for their age since you didn’t realize you were pregnant so you didn’t consume the appropriate diet for three. Daddy, please make sure mummy rest and eats. A sonogram technician will be with you shortly. Well, if you excuse me I need to round my other patience.” He nodded and excused himself.

“Grazie” They both nodded the doctor.

His head bowed as tears flowed down his cheeks. He closed his mouth with his hands attempting to muffle his cry.

“Tabi, this is a happy occasion. Why are you crying?” Sophie asked caressing his head.

“No it’s just. I’m just so happy. Thank you for this miracle” He said as he placed his hands on Sophie’s tummy kissing her forehead affectionately.

 

Sophie’s petite frame looked so tiny on the huge hospital bed. Her hand was holding onto Seunghyun’s left hand as he sat next to her. He couldn’t sleep that night. The news of Sophie’s pregnancy was haunting him. With a pen and paper in hand he sat quietly writing through the night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

By the time they were back in Seoul, the cold winter wind was slowly creeping in among the falling leaves of autumn. Seunghyun accompanied her to her monthly checkup and labor classes. He was supporting her in every way possible. He bought tones of health food and maternity clothes for Sophie. At her latest checkup, they found out they were going to have fraternal twins, a boy and a girl. Seunghyun insisted that they decorated the nursery immediately. They brought baby clothes, bottles and other baby supplies.

“Baby, we still have 5 more months before the baby is born. Let’s stop rushing.” Sophie begged as they entered their house after spending the whole day shopping for paint supplies to paint the nursery.

“You heard the doctor, its normal for twins to be born prematurely. It’s better to be ready.” Seunghyun said kissing Sophie’s temple.

“Fine.”Sophie heaved as she sat down in front of the TV. Now that she has started taking pre-natal supplements and eating well, her 4 months pregnant belly was starting to show. She sat there caressing her stomach when Seunghyun suddenly approached her from behind and wrapped his strong arms around her as his hands gently rubbed her small tummy.

“Alright, I’ll stop rushing. So stop being bitter or I’ll have to bring you for ice cream.”

“No, I’m not bitter and since you said ice cream, I now wanna eat ice cream baby. Let’s go get ice cream please please. The babies want ice cream too” she pouted cutely at him.

“No, it’s not healthy.” Seunghyun answered fiercely.  Sophie cringed in disappointment. She wiggled out of Seunghyun’s arms and sat without a sound flipping through the channel. Seunghyun smiled seeing Sophie sulk angrily at the TV.

Seunghyun walked over to Sophie and gave her a bear hug.

“What does frozen yogurt sound like?”

Sophie moped staring at him without answering him.

“I want chocolate. What bout my babies, what flavor do u guys want?” Seunghyun asked Sophie’s small burgeoning tummy. Slowly a tiny grin formed at Sophie’s mouth.

“That’s my girl.” Seunghyun said ruffling her hair.

 

Seunghyun bought a tub of Sophie’s favorite flavor, strawberry. They enjoyed their ice cream by the seaside with a blanket that protected them from the cold wind. They sat on the sand as they watched the blue skies above them. Sophie sat in between of Seunghyun’s legs with his arm wrapped around her and his hands firmly holding her belly. Sophie was feeding him ice cream when they suddenly gasp in excitement.

“Oh my God! Did you feel that?” Sophie asked him holding her tummy on top of his hands. He nodded still shocked feeling their baby kick his hand. Tears fell down his cheeks as he mouthed a thank you to Sophie. She wiped his tears holding his handsome face in her hands.

“We’re in this together baby. Don’t thank me.” She smiled. He leaned forward catching her lips. The strawberry flavor of the ice cream lingered on their lips as he her soft plump lips. Sophie turned her body to Seunghyun and draped her arms around his neck. Seunghyun firmly cupping her face as they shared their sweet kiss and suddenly Sophie pulled away smiling in excitement.

“The baby kicked again. They really love being around their appa.” She said.

“Aigoo, don’t kick mummy too much. Appa is trying to kiss mummy here.” Seunghyun whispered to their unborn children.

Sophie hit him lightly and asked “What are we gonna name them? I can’t seem to think of a nice name for them.”

Seunghyun remained silent thinking when he suddenly uttered,

“How does Daehyun and Hae-won sound like?”

“Choi Dae Hyun and Choi Hae-won? That sounds perfect.” She repeated and smiled.

“And why not give them an English name? You decide. So your mum doesn’t think we forget her side of the family. You know her being Australian and all.” Seunghyun reasoned.

Sophie stared blankly thinking of what Seunghyun said.

“Choi Daniel Dae Hyun and Choi Alassandra Hae-won? If you don’t like it then I’ll think of a different name.”

“I love it.” Seunghyun said kissing her temple.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

this update is too short for the 2 days I've been absent right? I just finished my final exam 2 days ago and i spent the whole day yesterday asleep..yes i slept in the 2 hour flight from campus to home and continued sleeping until this morning...so that explains my lack of update....so sorry but i promise i will give you another chapter tonight..