Chapter 20

Because Your Love Is Like The Wind

 


Sophie stepped out of the shower and stood in front of the mirror. She observed how much her belly has swollen now that she is 6 months pregnant. Then she saw a stretch mark starting to form, a tiny purple line was visible right under her belly button. She gasps as tears began to fall to her cheeks. Seunghyun who was on the bed writing heard her sob immediate went to the bathroom.

“Why baby why? Are you hurt? Is it the babies?” Seunghyun asked in panic.

Sophie who was covering her face as she cried answered, “Don’t look at me. I’m ugly.”

“What? No you are not. Who says so?” Seunghyun said muffling his laugh not to offend Sophie. Sophie has been really sensitive now that she is further into her pregnancy.

“There, there’s a stretch mark. I put cocoa butter to avoid this but there it is. It’s ugly.”She sobbed pointing at the purple mark.

“Let me see?” Seunghyun bent down and kissed the mark.

Seunghyun smiled “I love how your body is changing. You are giving me a beautiful miracle. I love you even more with all this sacrifice.”

Seunghyun her cheek and kissed her lips. Sophie was cut off as Seunghyun slowly started to move his lips on Sophie’s. Seunghyun carried Sophie on to the bed putting her softly down. Their lips moved in time with each other and Seunghyun raised his hands up to Sophie’s hair and tangled his fingers in it. His other hand he pulled up to her face and cupped her cheek in his hand. Sophie raised his shirt and slowly started to feel Seunghyun’s body. She moved from his lips to his neck ing her onto his thighs. Seunghyun placed his hands on Sophie’s lower back slipping one hand down the back of her pants. She was in a total daze and all she cared about was how good it felt kissing Seunghyun. 
"I - Love - You" Panted Seunghyun through the hard kissing and touching. That did it for Sophie. She pressed her chest against Seunghyun’s, slowly running her hand over his crotch. Seunghyun started kissing Sophie’s jaw line; he was leaning over her as he did so. He moved from , down to her collar, then kissing her s. He touched her body so gently and passionately and Sophie smiled when Seunghyun gently kissed her stomach passionately.

 

 

 

Seunghyun’s POV


I move my hand down her silky skin until it slides underneath her sweats. She begins to kiss me harder and moan. I rise on top of her, kissing her neck and collarbone gently. I her neck. I softly bite her ear lobe, making her moan louder and faster. She releases her grip on my shoulders, and s my shorts. Her hands in sync with our lips, as she reaches underneath my boxers. It's my turn to release a moan. She whispers, do you like it, in between our kisses. I whisper back, yes but not yet, and pull her hands out of my boxers and above her head. Like handcuffs on the bed frame, her hands are now mine.

 I move my lips lower and lower, reaching her s.
Turning it up a little, I lift up her shirt until it's completely off. I glance at her, marveling in such beauty. I kissed her baby bump that housed my children. She willfully keeps her hands above her head, giving me permission to explore her further. I continue kissing lower and lower, resting my hands on her s. She moans more frequent, cheering me to go all the way. Finally I get to her sweatpants and grab them with both hands. I pull on them as Sophie lifts her body in aide. She is completely at this point. She sits up and kisses me, breaking to pull my shirt off. “I love you so much” she says putting her arms over my head. Never before have had I felt such a connection. “I love you more than you could ever love me” I say, trying to outdo her. 
After a minute of playful teasing, her hands find themselves pulling down my shorts. I smile and pin her down on the bed. “Not until I get my turn” I say. I kiss my way down until I'm at the spot that drives her wild. Every twist and jerk of her body makes me faster. Eventually she pulls my head up, telling me she's ready. “Wont this hurt our babies?” I asked carefully. “The doctor says it’s ok. Just do it already.” She moaned. Our lips never part the whole time I’m inside her. Each forces her breathing to speed up. Each in tune with her rhythmic motion. She puts my hand over , embarrassed of her . I don't want them to hear me, she says. I nibble on her ear and speed up, hoping to make her . I slow down at points so I don't before her. After twenty minutes, she arcs her back and exhales slowly. I stop to watch her act it out, before she grabs my neck violently and says, keep going. 

After ten more minutes I can't hold myself anymore and I reached my . This time she puts her hand over my mouth, playfully exaggerating my reaction. I roll over and to catch my breath. My mind racing with a million words to describe how I feel. Sophie beats me to it, asking me if she did a good job. Maybe we can make more babies now I say, and we both laughed. Feeling increasingly tired, we roll over and cuddle until she fell asleep. Every corner of my mind completely weightless. It was a serenity I felt only with Sophie. I almost feel like tearing up, because it was so perfect. My arms around her as I caressed her beautiful stomach that housed my children.

“I love you Sophie, forever and always.” He whispered as he closed his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The morning ray flooded into the Choi’s master bedroom as it illuminated the magnificent craftsmanship of the room. Seunghyun monitored every detail when the house was built and he was very much involved in designing it. Sophie’s eyes fluttered open welcoming the minimum winter sunshine. The air was chilly and she could clearly see snow falling lazily outside their window. She smiled. The cozy atmosphere of the house made her want to snuggle with Seunghyun in bed all day. She smiled when she saw both of Seunghyun’s hands wrapped around their unborn babies. She turned to face Seunghyun. Like any other morning, she kissed his eyes to wake him up. He was still fast asleep and Sophie thought to herself, “aish this lazy ahjusshi” She then moved tilted her head so she could kiss his lips. He didn’t even move a muscle. She kissed his lips some more hoping that would wake him up but the kiss felt different. She then suddenly realized the way he was hugging her body felt rigid. His hand nestling her 6 month baby bump was frozen. She touched his face and his skin was stone cold.

“Hyunnie, baby wake up. Baby baby wake up” She said as she lightly hit his well built chest.

He remained silent still in very deep sleep. She inched her face closer to his nose and realized that he wasn’t breathing. She placed her ears on his chest and nothing. Silence surrounded her. That one sound that was supposed to tell her that her Seunghyun was alive stayed mummed. She panicked as she reached for her phone to make a phone call. Teardrops fell one by one down her cheeks slowly turned like raindrops during the monsoon season that refuses to stop. She cradled her bump praying in her heart that this was all just a bad nightmare.

Her parents raced to Sophie’s house followed by their friends, Jiyong, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri. Sophie’s father had an extra key to the house. They entered the house together and from the front door they heard a muffled cry. They all followed to where the source of the sound was.

As they entered the master bedroom, they found Sophie crying balled up on the floor in front of their bed where Seunghyun remained as if sleeping. Her mother immediately sobbed as soon as she saw her son in law and Daesung hugged the old women tightly. The others bowed their heads as tears streamed down at the sight of their beloved hyung. Jiyong walked closer to his hyung. He held Seunghyun’s wrist trying to find a pulse but nothing. Jiyong looked away confirming the worst to the others. Seungri’s tears fell more vigorously than before and his knees gave out as he fell to the floor silently crying. Jiyong went to Seungri and comforted their crying maknae. Both he and Seungri exited the room as they sobbed towards the living room. Sophie’s father gathered her from the floor and pulled her into a tight embrace in the attempt to comfort her. She pulled away from him shouting at him

“TELL ME IT’S NOT TRUE.TELL ME THAT THIS IS ALL A LIE. TELL ME IT’S NOT TRUE!!!THIS IS ALL A LIE.THATS NOT MY SEUNGHYUN!!THAT’S NOT MY CHOI SEUNGHYUN”

They all remained silent listening to Sophie’s emotional outburst. Sophie’s father tried to calm her down again and again but it did not work as Sophie could not control her emotions. Youngbae seeing the old man struggle trying to comfort Sophie went up to her.

“Shhhhh, Sophie Sophie. God has better plans for him. Please don’t be like this for Daehyun and Hae-Won’s sake.” he said as he Sophie’s hair. Sophie continued crying in Youngbae’s chest and her tears soaked his shirt. She punched Youngbae’s chest repeatedly but he didn’t care. Today they lost their best friend but Sophie lost her other half.

“What is this pain? Appa why does this hurt so much” she said as she pointed to her chest and looked at her father. Seeing his only daughter so helpless broke her father’s heart. A father is a daughter’s knight in shining armor, the one they turn to when in need of help but this time how can he help Sophie. The old man went to hug Sophie and calmly said

 “Everything is going to be alright princess. He is in a better place.”

“He promised to love me forever and always. Why did he leave me? Our kids will grow up without a father.” she continued to mumble caressing the baby in her stomach.

 

The funeral service was beautiful and very melancholic. Friends and families gathered at the church. Magnificent white roses decorated the service hall and white candles align with the roses with their tiny fire dancing in rhythm with the winter air. Up front of the hall stood a well polished brown oak casket with flowers engraved at the sides. Next to it, a photo of Seunghyun smiling handsomely to the entire guest was placed. At the other end of the hall stood a white grand piano. Sophie sat in the front row as she stared blankly at the casket that now housed Seunghyun’s body. She did not cry nor did she smile. Her emotions were stripped away from her. She ran out of tears to cry. When he left, only pieces of her heart stayed with her and those pieces were missing Seunghyun badly. Seungri sat next to her and held her hands.

“It’s okay to cry noona” He uttered carefully.

Sophie did not reply to him but only stared at maknae’s face. Seunghyun’s parents came and greeted Sophie. His mother sat next to her as she caressed Sophie’s hair.

 

“Stay strong child. Seunghyun never loved anyone other than you. Don’t hesitate to visit us even though….” Seunghyun’s mother stopped as she couldn’t continue talking. Sophie hugged her mother in law tightly.

“You will always be a mother to me. You always have even before we got married. I’ll always visit” she said as she smiled lovingly at Seunghyun’s parents.

 Youngbae being the strongest of them went on to say their eulogy on behalf of Jiyong, Daesung and Seungri. He walked onto the podium and cleared his throat before he began.

Hyung.Seunghyun hyung. We have known each other since I was thirteen. When we, Jiyong, Seungri, Daesung and I meet him, he was in front of the ladies room. He was waiting for someone. As we watched him, we saw his wife, Sophie coming out of the bathroom. She was pretty and still is, Youngbae said as he gave Sophie his eye smile. Hyung being his bingu self taunted Sophie. Then we saw her kick Seunghyun hyung’s and we thought “Wow She’s cool. I wanna know her better.” We greeted them subsequently we hung out as the rest they say is history. My point is, hyung being his bingu self, he chuckled as he looked at Seunghyun’s casket. Showed us something really valuable that is his loyalty is beyond comparison. He has been by Sophie’s side since they were kids and he would never hesitate to help us. Always the caring hyung that bullied us but we still loved him unconditionally. At this point Jiyong, Seungri and Daesung were silently tearing up. We will miss you hyung. No matter where you are there our bond as brothers will never break. We love you hyung. The way you smile and laugh at Seungri’s jokes that weren’t even funny. That aegyo of yours that you keep throwing at Daesung. Your sarcasms towards Jiyong. The way you would stick up for us even when you know we were wrong in the first place. They will be missed. And the way you keep pressuring me to get married, seriously hyung, the others are not married too. He chuckled. Before I take my seat I would like to dedicate a song. Jiyong wrote this piece especially for you hyung. He then stepped down and sat himself in front of the grand piano as Daesung stood from his seat and took over the microphone.

“For you hyung” he smiled and started to sing.

 

 

I know you're still out there

Living life with your kind of flair

Standing with your face to the sun

Picturing your time to come

Many clouds have passed by

Since we stood under the same sky

Taking in the summer sights

Howling at the city lights

I still remember when we were young

Pulling pranks just for fun

Summer vacations were such a blast

The kind of memories that will always last

Growing up the future seemed like such a sure thing

Thought we knew what it would bring

True love, a family, a house in the hills

Work hard, play hard and don't sweat the bills

Never guessed things would change so much

Thought our friends would never lose touch

The stars seemed so clear from our domain

I sure could handle some of those good times again

Even if our dreams still seem far away

Our friendship will be right here to stay

Until we are both gone

The road between us will never be too long...

 

Sophie then turned to Jiyong who sat next to Seungri and mouthed a thank you to him. Jiyong reached out and squeezed Sophie’s shoulder. She then took Seungri’s hand and squeezed them saying her thank you. It was then Sophie’s turn to say her piece. She stood up and walked to the podium. She glanced at Seunghyun in the casket as if sleeping so soundly. “Annyeonghaseyo, Sophie ibnida” she politely greeted the guest as she bowed her head. “I’m not great with words but writing what I wanted to say about Seunghyun was not difficult at all. He is my best friend, my lover, my other half. God loves you more Hyunnie ah, I hope you are happy and healthy there. Thank you for the memories. I will miss the way we used to laugh at silly things in the back of class, or pass notes to each other.

I will miss when we used to dress up, go to a fast food joint, and pretend we were eating at a fancy restaurant.

I will miss watching movies with you, and talking about how certain things in them could never happen.

I will miss the way you used to eat chocolate ice cream in bed.

I will miss our little ice cream gateways.

I will miss the way you used to stick your tongue

I will miss staring at you when you’re asleep. She then chocked as tears threaten to fall. She took a deep breath turned her back to the audience. There was silence around her. Sophie thought she couldn’t continue when suddenly she felt someone squeezing her shoulders. It was Daesung who stood next to her smiling encouraging her. Behind him stood her other 3 best friends as they encouraged her to continue. She sniffed before she continued.

I will miss our silly talks about crazy random things.

I will miss the way you ruffle my hair

I will miss the way you keep calling me your Sophie

I will miss having you talking and kissing my stomach, if given the chance you would have been a really great dad.

I will miss playing in the sand with you like we used to when we were kids.

I will miss the way you snored before falling asleep.

I will miss our arguments over everything, but mostly the way you would make it up to me by doing your alien dance.

I will miss your beautiful soul.

I will miss your hair, your eyes, your nose, your lips, your smile, your laugh, your scent and your cry.

But most of all, I will miss my best friend my other half. I will never forget all the great times we had together. We experienced so much together, good and bad. You were beautiful and charming, funny and annoying. I will miss everything about you. Thank you. She stepped down and took her seat. The service continued as they buried the casket along with Seunghyun in it at the church’s cemetery. Youngbae, Jiyong, Seungri, Daesung and Sophie stood in the front row as they looked at the casket being lowered. The boys huddled around Sophie who quietly cried as this was the last time she would ever see Seunghyun. They knew that Sophie looked strong on the outside but she was actually crumbling on the inside.

When the service ended, the 5 of them stood in front of the church about to go their separate ways. Daesung offered Sophie to stay over at his house but she declined reasoning that she needed to pack Seunghyun’s stuff.

“You can always do it later Sophie. It’s too fresh and you will definitely need our help” Jiyong reasoned.

“Guys don’t worry. I can do it. I’m afraid that if I keep postponing I won’t be able to do it later” she reasoned with them.

“Arasso noona. If that’s what you want but don’t work too hard and pressure our niece and nephew ok?” Daesung said.

“Call us if you need anything.”Seungri added staring caringly at his noona.

“Arasso baby Seung..maknae” Sophie stuttered. She couldn’t say maknae’s name cause it pained her to do so.

“Are you sure bout this Sophie? We can take turns to accompany you.” Youngbae added.

“I’m not a baby guys. Go live your life!!” Sophie said confidently.

“Don’t forget to eat your vitamins and we’ll call you everyday so don’t even think of ignoring our call.” Jiyong sternly said looking at Sophie.

The boys hugged her one by reluctant to leave their pregnant best friend alone but she assured them she was going to be fine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

as promised! 2nd update! :D