Final Fight (part one)

The return of love bites and y growls (Sequel to TWF!)

A/N: Before anything else, I would like to inform you guys:

Instead of one more chapter, I am making it to three more chapters!

I don't know why I decided to do that, but I guess you all have waited for so long, so why not split the chapter into part one, part two, and hopefully, a last chapter or epilogue. 

I am going to finish part two anytime soon, so do wait!

I really, really love all of you, I do :)

 

...

 

Twenty: final fight

A vase half my size dropped and shattered across the room. I yelped, and after a minute, everyone was up in my room, their faces shocked and worried. Luhan picked up the dangerous pieces with his power and collected it to one side of the room. The rest came running to me and made sure I was okay. Only after I told them a thousand times that I was not hurt, they stopped asking and continued being busy with the preparation. I calmed myself down with a deep breath and picked up my armor with proper steps and movements.

It was two thirty in the morning, and everybody was rushing to prepare. The fairy might attack anytime soon, so we all had to be awake and ready. My heart was beating, my mind was hazy and my limbs were shaking. That caused the vase to shatter. I was too nervous to move properly.

I got my specific armor ready. It looks different from the rest. Firstly, it has a dress-like shape, but all made of metal and it only covers my lower body. As for my upper body, a bulletproof vest protects me from danger. I was kept completely protected and safe just because I am a queen. I know how special I am in this town, but I never expected myself to be that special.

“Hyojung?” I turned around and found my grandmother, all ready in the same armor dress I was wearing, standing at my door. “Are you ready?”

“I hope so.” I sighed and grabbed my wand from the table. “I’m just scared. The fairy is strong.”

“But you’re stronger.” Grandma replied as she headed to me and pulled my hair into a ponytail.

“But I can’t co-operate well with my powers. Like, I feel so weak.” I sighed and let my grandmother tie my hair in a bun.

“You’ll do well, sweetheart. Don’t worry. Now, let’s go get ready outside.” My grandmother hugged me and sniffed. “Hopefully everything goes well.”

“I want everything to go well.” I fought back my tears filled with mixed emotions.

“It will, honey, it will.” She let me go and lead me out of my room.

The hall was lighted up with candles to indicate that war was to begin. I looked around and found the vampires and werewolves standing by the side. I walked past them and watched each and every expression. They looked sad, scared and nervous. I smiled a small one to all of them, and that made them hopefully feel better.  

My grandmother pulled me up onto the throne and stood beside me as I took an uncomfortable seat. In the end, I stood up because the metal armor was poking my body. I turned to my grandmother as she began her speech with a deep breath.

“Wars. Something we vampires can never stand. We can never understand why people would attack each other. But we have no choice, or else we would lose our hundred and fourteenth queen. She, our Hyojung, has just started taking care of our planet, but she already has to face a tough war. Therefore, I wish for all of your support to care for the queen. To make sure that she is not face to face with the danger we are going to face.” Grandma started. “We shall do our best. The fairy is detected to be in the kingdom already. She’s an hour away from this castle. Make sure all of the horsemen and army are ready. I’ve assigned each and every of you to lead the groups. Please do your best. We would not like to… sadly see the hundred and fifteenth queen anytime soon.”

I looked down with a heart beating so crazily, I was not even sure whether I was alive. I couldn’t imagine myself fighting in a war bigger than the wizard’s. I almost died in there, what about this? Crazy thoughts ran around my head that I started to get dizzy. I forced myself on the seat and rested my head against the thick, velvety pillow.

“Are you alright, Hyojung?” My grandmother asked.

“Y-yes, yes I am.” I smiled and turned to the guys.

“Do you want to speak to them?” My grandmother asked and I nodded my head.

 They all smiled at me, but their faces were filled with worry. I stood up, ran to them and gave a big, tight hug to each of them. They were definitely shocked, but they accepted my hug with either encouraging words or sniffs.

“We’ll be facing a war, and even if we lose, we’ll win, because it’s not easy to fight without courage. We can do it, and we will win, no matter what happens.” I said after hugging the last person.

“And another thing, never leave Hyojung out of your sight.” grandma warned.

Before anyone could reply, a loud screech could be heard outside. We turned our heads to the huge door as it opened. A guard stood there, his eyes filled with pure fright. We looked at him as he came walking to us stiffly.

“Your majesty.” He bowed. “She’s here.”

 

~*~

The war had started. Loud shouts and cheers could be heard outside. I wasn’t allowed to go out. Only my grandmother and the vampires were given the permission to. My grandmother had to yell out the start of the war while the vampires would start attacking from the side. I wished I could help, but all I could do was pace around the hall worrying for their safety.

“Hyojung, calm down.” Jongin said and I glared at him.

“How am I supposed to calm down?! The vampires and my grandma are out there. They can die anytime!” I yelled.

“Hyojung!” Suho strictly called and I turned to him with a shocked expression. “Hyojung.”

I sighed and dropped myself on the floor. I didn’t want to lose my grandmother again. She’s the most precious thing in the world to me. As for the vampires, they are like my best of friends. I can’t see them leave the world. I knew I was being selfish and impatient, but I couldn’t help it. When you’re worried and frustrated, you tend to be bad.

“Hyojung, I know it’s hard for you to take in, but they have been in many wars before. They should be okay. They are still alive. If they’re dead, someone would notify us. Don’t worry, they can do it.” Suho explained and hugged me tight.

“I am so sorry for being so narrow minded.” I said and hugged him back.

I let go of him and apologized to Jongin, who gave me a small hug to indicate he understood how I felt. I looked up to the grand clock and realized it was already six in the morning. The war had gone on for around three hours. That’s long for such a strong fairy. Our army must be really good. I felt relieved at this thought.

“What are we supposed to do now?” I asked.

“Think of a plan or something, just in case she gets in.” Chanyeol suggested and we all agreed.

We all gathered at the dining room, which was half-filled with guards. They were all standing straight, and at least two were guarding each and every available door. We sat at the table and started planning on who would attack first and who would be standing closest to me.

We made a decision and concluded that Chanyeol and Suho would be the nearest to the door. Sehun and Baekhyun would be right in front of me, and the other two would be in the middle. Other guards and power benders would stand in rows with us in the castle. Beside me would be the strongest guards found in the castle. I made sure I could run easily just in case she comes really close to me. No extra accessories. None on my head, on my body or on my feet.

“Hyojung, Chanyeol and I will see how it is outside. Make sure the rest don’t leave.” Suho said and left the room with Chanyeol tagging behind him.

The doors opened and I could hear faint yells. I shivered, thinking what the yell meant. I got up and walked around the room, mindlessly re-arranging things and keeping the flowers color-coordinated in vases. I get really meticulous when I am nervous or feeling chilly.

Suho and Chanyeol came back shortly. Their faces were pale and they looked tired. I ran to them and asked how the situation was outside. 

"Terrible." Chanyeol honestly replied. "Half of our men are dead."

"But there's only one fairy!" I screamed in agony. 

"She multiplied herself. She used some magic and make hundreds more of herself." Suho sighed. 

"Oh no, oh no! What are we supposed to do?!" I panicked.

“We can do nothing. We just have to wait.” Chanyeol held me from walking around too much.

“Alright, we will wait.” I guiltily squeezed my eyes shut. “The rest are okay, right?”

“Yes, they are… except for Jongdae and Kris. They are injured since they stood at the front of the army. Don’t worry, the paramedics are taking care of them.” Suho reassured me.

“Can I meet them?” I asked and everyone said no.

“You are not allowed to go anywhere. You are to stay in this area.” Jongin strictly said.

“Can’t any of you follow me or something?” I pleaded.

“To be able to reach the meds, you have to get out of the castle, which is a big no-no.” Baekhyun shook his head.

“Fine. I’ll just sit and wait.” I sighed angrily and slumped myself on the throne as we waited for the war to go by.

 

An hour passed and more news arrived. Luhan got injured too, and our men were decreasing. The fairy was quick with her powers. She could kill three men with one shoot. Some of the power benders in the castle had to help outside to stall time. The fairy was already at the garden in front of the door. I got scared. She was coming closer and closer.

“Latest news, grandma Choi is hurt.” Suho averted his eyes at me. “But it’s only a minor one, she said.”

I got up from the chair and headed to the door with quick, heavy steps. My mouth was shut as I was speechless and mad. When the werewolves and guards started stopping me from the door, I yelled and shouted to let me through. I waved my arms around and kicked about to see how it was going outside. With no choice, Sehun pushed me down on the ground and sat on me so that I wouldn’t move.

“Let me go! I need to save Grandma!” I screamed and hit Sehun continuously on the chest so that he would get off me.

“No!” He sternly disagreed and I glared at him with shock. “I would not let you go. It’s dangerous outside! And your grandmother just has a minor injury. She will be okay!”

“No she won’t! Of course she’s telling a white lie! The fairy would never hurt her with such little power!” I protested and tried to push him off me.

“Maybe it was an accidental hit. Before the fairy could attack her more, you grandmother is taken to the shelter.” Suho predicted and I couldn’t say no to it.

“Just, get off me.” I growled and Sehun held out his pinky.

“Pinky promise you won’t leave the castle?” He asked and shook his pinky slightly.

I stared at his pretty finger and looked up at him. Could I promise? Yes I could. But I never believe myself. Of course I couldn’t. I was in agony and fear. I needed to save my grandmother. I knew she was telling a lie. She was hurt. I could feel it.

“Hyojung?” He called with a soft voice. “Promise?”

“I-I…I…” I looked down.

“Lock her up.” I gasped and stared at Suho as he walked off.

“Suho! What do you mean lock me up?!” I called.

“You won’t promise. I know how much you want to leave the castle. So we have no choice but to lock you in your room.” Suho turned to me and said with a pissed voice. “Make sure there are five guards in the room.” And he walked off.

I couldn’t help but to let my tears off. Sehun got off me but I didn’t move. I didn’t run to the door and open it. I didn’t run to the war field and help in the fight. I didn’t help grandma. Because of what I did, I made Suho fed up. I thought that would never happen. But it just did.

“Come on, Hyojung.” Kyungsoo pulled me up and I fell in his arms. “We will bring you to your room.”

“The strongest guards among all of you come follow us to the room.” Chanyeol commanded and we all started walking to my room.

My body was limp when I was placed on the bed by Kyungsoo. The door was shut by Chanyeol from outside and I could hear the keys. My heart ripped. Why must I be in this position? Why am I a queen? Why, why?

“Hyojung?” I didn’t answer Kyungsoo’s gentle call.  “Hyojung…” He tried again.

“I am sorry.” I sniffed and dropped myself on my bed.

I pulled my blue pillow and smashed it onto my face. Tears continued rolling down my cheeks as I felt so many emotions crash down on me. I felt sad for not being able to help my grandmother. My anger raged because the werewolves wouldn’t let me out. I also felt regretful for making Suho, one of the most patient people in the world, fed up. I sobbed harder. Why am I so stupid?!

“Hyojung, we’re all sorry for everything.” Kyungsoo sighed and I could feel his body beside mine.

A sudden arm wrapped around my waist, and I was pulled towards Kyungsoo. He removed the pillow from my face and I opened my eyes to see Kyungsoo smiling sadly at me. His fingers swiped against my cheeks to dry my face.

“Go to sleep, Hyojung. When you wake up, the war might be over. Anything can happen.” He patted my head and pecked my forehead. “I’ll be here to protect you.”

My eyes instantly closed. The sounds around me decreased as my mind fell into a bleak darkness, the dark comforting and loving. Everything became numb, just like ice.