The key

The return of love bites and y growls (Sequel to TWF!)

PLeA/N: I know, I know

It's been such a long time. 

But I'm sorry :-:

School started and I was busy T_T
And I am fasting which makes it harder for me to update

And last week, I had a lot of things to do ;-;

hopefully I'll update once a week okay? I'll try 

"This is where I keep all the valuable stuffs that she had." I explained to Kris as I pulled out the heavy box from below my bed.

The box was huge and it looks really old, which is true because it has been around for ten years already. I opened the box, and instantly, memories flew into my mind like water. My grandma was the only person who loved me for so long before she died. She was an amazing cook, a sweet nanny and a funny storyteller. The way she took care of me was one everyone could wish for. She would never scold me for the mistakes I had done. Instead, she would softly talk to me, advice me about my wrongdoings. I loved her so much that when she left the world, I thought I would follow along due to emotional failure. 

The box was filled with really antique items, all personally owned by my grandmother. She gave it to me because I was the only person who stayed by her deathbed, besides my uncle who is living in Cairo. Dust stuffed up the room, and I coughed to ease my lungs. The first thing was pulled out by Kris, which was a full-looking purse. He opened it, and a few coins spilled out. 

"It's her coin collection." I smiled, remembering how she told me she had traveled around the world. "She liked traveling." 

Suho pulled out the next item, which is whole set of books that she loved reading to me. It was called 'find it!' It's about going on adventures to find treasures. I really loved the books. They were specially bought for me when I was younger. 

A pair of shoes was pulled out next by Jongdae. It was a classic old shoe that was a hundred years old. It was made by my great great grandmother and I am able to keep it. It wasn't really worn yet it was kept well, which is why it still looked clean. 

"These were made my great great grandmother." I chuckled. 

"It will look nice on you." Luhan smiled. 

"But I don't want to spoil it." I turned to the shoes and a small smile played on my lips.

Jongin pulled out the next thing, which was a framed picture of me and my grandmother when I was only five. The vampires and werewolves got it straight away that the toddler in the picture was me, and they began swooning over how cute I was and how my shirt was Donald Duck, a classic Disney character that Luhan loves, apparently. Chanyeol held on to the picture, as we moved on to the next treasure. It was an old looking diary. The pages were of course filthy and coloured. Some pages were torn. With gentle fingers, Luhan flipped open the book and tried to read the contents. It was in Korean, so he couldn’t really understand. He passed it to Minseok who stated that the stuffs written weren’t really important.

“Well, we should stop looking through her privacy.” Minseok chuckled and closed the book that he had gone halfway through.

After going through all her items, we couldn’t find the key. There were a few dolls, a perfume bottle from a long time ago, opened love letters and a small empty box. I have never taken anything out of the box, which means there is nothing that belongs to my grandma in the house, except for in the box. I assumed that the key had dropped out of the small empty box, but Kris believes that the key is in my house.

“It can’t be. I have no other keys except for my house key.” I explained and leaned against my bed.

“Then where can it be?” Kris asked.

“Maybe inside her house?” I sighed. “Can’t you just break the door down?”

“We tried, but to no avail.” Baekhyun explained. “It’s like as if, the door is- magic.”

“Your grandmother must be more than just a vampire.” Tao piped up. “Jongin couldn’t even teleport into the house.

“When you were younger, do you remember any room that she didn’t let you go into?” Kris asked me.

“I think so.” I wrecked my brain to make some memories alive. “There was this room beside mine that she wouldn’t let me go into.”

“Want was her reason?” Luhan asked.

“There are monsters in there.” The twelve boys erupted in laughter.

When the laughter died down, the boys left the room as I packed the items back into the box, except for the diary. Maybe there are some hints in there. I flipped through the pages and focused on the words she had written. Some were underlined, some were cancelled, but she had this certain words that looked like they were bolded. Maybe my eyes were playing with me, I don’t know.

“Hey, Hyojung, you’re not coming out?” I looked up and found Yixing smiling down at me.

“I’ll be out in a minute.” I smiled back, but instead of going away, Yixing sat beside me.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“Just trying to find some hints in the diary.” I explained. “Why aren’t you hanging out with the rest?”

“Well, I wanted to be alone with you.” Yixing sighed. “I missed you.”

“I-I miss you too.” I just realized those words were the ones I really wanted to say. “I missed you so much.”

I leaned closer to Yixing and hugged him, tight. His warmth transferred to me, and I felt safe. This was what I wanted. A hug. A proper hug. A hug that breaks the curse of me being alone. Even though it had only been a year, I felt loved. A nice, warm love. A love that wasn’t forced or neglected. A love that I’ve always wanted. A love that I had waited for. A love that I love. I finally felt loved- again.

~*~

 

“KRIS!” I yelled and ran up to him with the diary.

He stopped eating and stared at me as I shoved the diary to his face.

“Look! I think I know where the key is!” I calmed myself down and continued explaining. “If you noticed, some words in this passage are bolded.”

“No they’re not.” Baekhyun frowned and look at me like I’m some maniac.

“Yes they are! If you squint, you can actually see the difference between the bolded words and the regular words.” I pointed out, and Baekhyun began squinting with his small eyes.

“What is this diary entry about?” Suho asked me.

“It’s her last entry about a snow globe she that she wanted to give to me. The thing is- I don’t have any snow globes.”

“So what are the bolded words?” Kris asked me.

“Snow globe, uncle, under, flap, key.” Baekhyun replied before I could answer. “It’s true, Hyojung! They are bolded!”

“Told you so.” I chuckled.

I picked up a pencil and wrote down the words on a piece of paper. Snow globe, uncle, under, flap, key. They don’t sound related. They sound more like missing words of a sentence. Maybe I need to fill in some words to finish this sentence.

“I think the key has something to do with the snow globe.” Chanyeol pointed out.

“I agree with that. But what does uncle have to do with this?” I scratched the side of my head.

“Maybe the snow globe is with your uncle?” Luhan tried.

“Even so, which uncle?” Minseok turned to Luhan.

I tried to think of my uncles. I had met a few, but each only about twice or three times. If I were to visit each and every one of them, it would need some talking to just get the snow globe. I have about seven uncles, which is a fair amount. But not all of them are living in Korea. Only four of them are.

“We can try and visit them all.” Yixing said.

“Not all of them are living in Korea.” I sighed and knocked the pencil on the table. “It would cost a lot to just fly to Japan.”

“So, where do they live?” Kris asked.

“One in Japan, another in Canada and the oldest at Cairo.” That was when it hit me.

 

 

:::::::

HI GUYS
 I MISSED YOU ALL 
AHHHHHH 

I am really sorry I updated late ;-;

Please understand my situation :-(

oooooooooooooooooooooh, so what do you think? WHICH UNCLE?!?!

Ehehehe XD 

Comment down below! I wanna talk with you guys :-(

I know my story is lacking and my English is like ew, but I am really tired today and yet I uploaded. Just thank my country for today's holiday XD

I really hope you guys like this chapter.

Do comment and upvote >.< It will help me a lot

I love you all xx