The power of powers (p.2)

The return of love bites and y growls (Sequel to TWF!)
 
 
 
 
The sun dawned over the horizon as the day started. I was keeping my stamina up by jogging around the filed behind the castle. The vampires and werewolves were preparing to teach me and battle against the fairy respectively. Thank the lord the vampires were alright on the day they fought the fairy. They had a few bruises here and there, but other than that, they were okay. The fairy was still going strong, so the werewolves had to work on fighting againdt  her. On the other hand, I had two more days to work on my powers. The first day to learn all the powers I have and the second to practice. 
 
"Hyojung!" I heard someone call as I passed the finish line. 
 
I turned around and found Tao running to me. I kept jogging in place to cool my body and smiled as Tao approached me. He stopped before me and ruffled my hair. 
 
"So, you'll be the first one?" I asked. 
 
"Yup!" Tao grinned and allowed me to rest after my exercise. 
 
When I was done with wiping my sweat and cooling down with water, Tao and I skipped to the centre of the field and stared out at the space before us. The sun had risen beautifully against the blue sky. White, fluffy clouds decorated the canvas. I smiled. It was such a beautiful day.
 
"Alright, are you ready to start?" Tao asked after our session of admiring nature.
 
"More than ever." I saluted which madeTao chuckle. 
 
"So, controlling time is not easy, as not only do you need feelings, you need a mindset and an excuse to feel that feeling. Like, a legit excuse." Tao explained. "The feeling is annoyance. Sometimes you're just so annoyed with what is happening that you want to stop time, rewind it and act like nothing happened. Or sometimes you're so annoyed and tired that you stop time and go to bed. You know that feeling?" 
 
"Annoyance?" Tao nodded his head. 
 
"But this annoyance is specific. You have to be annoyed with what is happening at the moment to feel it. It can't be annoyed at someone in your whole life, that would not work. Instead, something like being annoyed at your cat for dropping your favorite mug. At that moment, you're annoyed with it. But you still love it." Tao explained further and I nodded my head. "So, now I have to make you annoyed."
 
"What?" I stared at him like he was some idiot. 
"That's the only way for it to work." Tao winked and produced my favourite book from his back. I glared at him. He dropped it, purposefully, onto the ground that was dirty. "You know you can't scold me. You love me too much." Tao blinked innocently as he picked up the book. 
 
"Come on... you can't do that to my book!" I frowned and started feeling it - annoyance. 
 
"But I want to read it!" He flipped the book open and accidentally tore a page. My feelings stirred in my body. "You know you can't scold me. You love me too much." He repeated and I calmed down, but the feeling was still inside. 
 
"Alright, fine I can't scold you. But please, put my book down." I said and Tao ripped the book in half. I growled. 
 
"Sorry..." Tao bit his bottom lip. "You know you can't scold me. You love me too much. Instead, you can stop time, rewind, and take the book out of my hands." Tao smiled and I knew it was  time to use the power. 
 
I stared at Tao, and instead of feeling anger, I felt annoyed. I played with the feeling in my mind, and I closed my eyes from the time lapse. Everything before me reversed, and it stopped when Tao came up to me with my book. He was frozen and still. I watched as he looked straight at me without moving. I looked around, and found that no birds were chirping and nothing, not even a single ant was moving. I mused. Did I stop time? 
 
I walked up to Tao, grabbed the book, and smiled. I didn't feel annoyed anymore. I felt happy and contented instead. In just a split second, everything moved, and I found Tao chuckling. He ruffled my hair and congratulated me on doing well. 
 
"But, how did you know? I thought when I rewind time, what happens before that is forgotten?" I asked. 
 
"Not for me. I control time too, so I knew what happened. Only those with this power can tell what it happened even after time is rewind or stopped." Tao grinned. "Okay, that's it for this lesson." 
 
I waved goodbye as Tao walked away from me. Another figure came, and I realized it was Kris. He had a poker face on, and he was walking cooly and calmly. He came up to me, greeted, and stood beside me. 
 
"Hello." I smiled and ruffled his hair. 
 
"Hey! Don't spoil my hair! I worked hard on it!" There goes the real, whiny Kris. 
 
"Alright Leader." I stuck my tongue out. "So, how do we fly?" 
 
"Well, flying is easy. First, you have to be ready to fly. Keep your mind, brain, limbs and power ready and moving. Next, prepare for what is about to come. Lastly, feel light and free, like a bird." Kris explained. "It's simple really. If you feel free, you get to fly. That's how easy the powers work here." 
 
I kept my body steady and ready. My mind and brain worked like an engine. My feelings swirled as I felt free and easy. My mind was completely relaxed and empty. I was happy because I was free. I was free because nothing was disturbing me. I could feel myself lifted off slightly and I opened my eyes. The ground was a few feet beneath me. I squealed. 
 
"Come on, keep going up!" Kris yelled and I continued pulling myself higher to the sky. 
In the end, I was floating with the air around me. I moved around, and touched the trees that were beside me. I looked down, and found Kris smiling at me. 
 
"You're doing well! Keep it up!" Kris said. 
 
"How do I get down?" I asked. 
 
"Don't feel free." Kris simply answered and I did exactly as he told. 
 
Instead of landing gracefully and prettily, I dropped straight to the ground on my belly. I groaned, and heard footsteps coming towards me. I looked up and found Kris laughing. 
 
"So cute!" Kris laughed harder and I got up in pain. "You need to work on your landing." 
 
"I can see that, Mr.Wu." I rolled my eyes and chuckled. 
 
"Alright, you're done with this lesson. It went by fast, I'm amazed." Kris grinned. "Go to the castle now. Yixing's waiting."
 
I grabbed my stuff and ran to the castle and into my room. Baby blue walls greeted me as I placed my equipments into a box at the foot of my queen-sized bed. The room had been cleaned by the maids. I took one look around before I rushed down to Yixing who was waiting in the living room. 
 
I found him sitting on a couch, his ears plugged with a earphone. I went behind him and hugged him. He looked up and pulled the earpiece out of his ears. I pulled away as he greeted me with a simple hello. 
 
"Hey." I smiled and he stood up to hug me once more. 
 
"How are you?" He asked me as I took a seat beside him. 
 
"I feel great!" I grinned which made Yixing chuckle.   
 
"Alright then, are you ready for your lesson?" He asked me and I nodded my head eagerly. "Okay, so this power is really special. You can heal people who are injured physically. It's easy, really. All you have to feel is either sympathy or empathy. As you place your palm down with that feeling on a bruise, it will heal and be gone by a minute. Simple, right?" Yixing smiled and I nodded. 
 
"So all I have to feel is sympathy, and the power works?" I asked. 
 
"Definitely." Yixing nodded his head and rolled up his right sleeve. "You see this bruise?" I stared at it. It was darkly sitting on his wrist. "I got it yesterday while I was falling from quite a level. Now, I want you to heal it." 
 
I looked up at Yixing, who smiled at me sincerely. I looked down back at the bruise, and tried to sympathize with Yixing. I lifted my palm and laid it down gently on his wrist. I felt a cool feeling on my palm as Yixing sighed in relief. He grinned at me, and I frowned back. 
"You did it. The bruise is not hurting anymore." Yixing smiled and caressed my cheek. "You look so beautiful today."
 
"No way. I just got back from jogging." I looked down and blushed. 
 
Yixing pulled my chin up with his finger as his face moved closer to mine. My heart started beating fast. Yixing leaned closer to me and I felt panicky. Was he going to kiss me? But... What would happen? I mean, we kissed before, but I didn't want to cause anymore conflict. I stared into Yixing's eyes. I could tell he wanted to place his lips on mine. I closed my eyes and tried to find an excuse. 
 
"Your bruise." I mumbled and he hummed, his face still very close to mine. "I think it's gone." 
 
"Oh? Really?" Yixing whispered into my ear. "Thank you, Hyojung."
 
And he pecked his lips fully on mine. 
 
~*~ 
 
"Strike!" Jongdae yelled and a lighting appeared before us. 
 
"Woah!" I gasped as Jongdae chuckled. 
 
"Cool, huh?" I nodded my head. 
 
"How do I do that?" I asked as Jongdae strolled around me with a mischievous grin. 
 
"You know how they always say, 'evil is wrong! Wicked is bad! You should never turn towards the bad and evil!' Guess what, this power uses evil." Jongdae ruffled my hair and explained further. "You know how sometimes there's this bad in us? That ugly feeling where we want to turn our back against the good and turn towards the bad instead? It's bitterness. And to achieve bitterness, betrayal should happen."
 
"B-bitterness? That's the feeling for lightning power?" I asked. 
 
"Spot on." Jongdae sighed. "I know, it's not easy to have that feeling, but try to think of something that had made you feel bitter and betrayed." 
 
I readied myself and stared straight in the same open field I trained my flying and time-control powers. I controlled my mind and feelings again, trying to find the times when I was betrayed. Instantly, my parent's face emerged in my sight. I clenched my fists and tried my hardest not to rage or cry. Instead, I felt bitter and betrayed. I held my palms up and shot all the feelings I had in me. The feeling of sadness, bitterness and mostly betrayal. Lightning the field with full power as I was being pushed back by its force. Jongdae caught me on time before I fell. 
 
I felt faint and tired as I watched the lightning disappear. Jongdae held me tight as he sat down and placed my head on his lap. He kept caressing my face and ordered me to breathe deeply. I obeyed, and soon felt calmer than before. 
 
"You must have felt so much betrayal." Jongdae pulled me up and hugged me tightly. "We're all here for you, don't worry." 
 
"I know you guys are." I whispered as I was too fatigue to cry. 
 
"Do you need a rest or do you want to go to Minseok next?" Jongdae asked me as he pulled away. 
 
"I guess I can still continue." I smiled. 
 
"Okay then. He is waiting in the forest. Go ahead and meet him." Jongdae hugged me once more before he let me run off. 
 
The forest was quiet and peaceful as I appeared. The only thing I could hear was my breaths. I looked around and searched for Minseok. He was definitely not close to the opening. I went in deeper, and finally found him in the middle of the forest... Sleeping. I swallowed a laugh as I tiptoed to him. He looked so cute, his lips parted and his snores tuned. I squatted beside him and went close to his face. I realized how skinny he looks. He looked way healthier back then. Must be from all the trainings and stress. 
 
"Minseok?" I poked his waist and he shrugged a little. "Minseok~" I added a tune which made him open his eyes. 
 
"Oh... Hyojung, you're here..." Minseok stretched as much as he could and got into a sitting position. 
 
"Did I make you wait that long?" I asked. 
 
"Nah... I'm just tired, that's all." Minseok said with a grin. "So, are you ready?" 
 
"Definitely." I winked and we both stood up. 
 
 "Alright, so for freezing... I don't know whether you can do this since you're a sweet girl and all--" Minseok started but I interrupted him. 
 
"Whatever type of feeling it is, just let me feel it. I've felt betrayal, anger and agony. So I'm pretty sure I can take this. The most it can do to me is tire me." I grinned. 
 
"Alright..." Minseok inhaled. "You have to feel hatred. Hatred and cold... To yourself." He exhaled deeply and I gulped. 
 
Hatred to oneself. It's easy, everyone has that. But can I? I hated myself before the vampires and werewolves came into my life and since then, I resisted from hating myself. I tried so hard not to. So should I continue feeling hateful to myself, for this power?
 
"You know... You just have to feel hatred towards one insecurity of yours, though to me you have none. Just one. As for me, when I just started having these powers, I hated myself for being so fat and chubby." Minseok suggested. 
 
"You're not fat." I frowned. 
 
"I was." 
 
I kept quiet and listed the insecurities I had. Since the guys came, they helped me accept half of who I am. I still have many insecurities, but I stashed them away in my mind where I don't want to think about. Should I let it flow in my feelings again? Should I?
 
"Do you have one?" Minseok whispered. 
 
"Y-yeah." 
 
"Go ahead, use that hatred you have on the insecurity for the power to be released." Minseok reassured me I would do well. 
 
All I could see was that I am a weak person. A strong person does not need help from so many people. A strong person can survive themselves. A weak person can't. Without all this people around me, I would die. Be a victim of a self-murder. Be a ghost. 
 
I hate myself for being so weak and fragile. I hate myself for not being able to take care of myself. I hate myself for needing so much help. 
 
I could feel the surrounding being colder and icier. I felt goosebumps all over my body as I opened my eyes. The area had turned frozen. I looked around and landed my eyes on Minseok. He was smiling proudly as he patted my head. 
 
"You did an excellent job. The insecurity must be really big..." Minseok sighed. "You're actually an amazing girl, Hyojung. Without you, what would we be? You brought the werewolf and vampire community together. That's a big thing, Hyojung." 
 
I chuckled and hugged Minseok tight. I fought back the tears from coming out. Minseok hugged back as I thanked him over and over again. He pulled away and caressed my hair softly. 
 
"Luhan must be waiting." Minseok dabbed his thumb across my eyes. "Go along. He is in the castle." 
 
"Goodbye Minseok. And thank you." I smiled and ran off to the castle to finish my last learning my last power. 
 
The castle was empty when I arrived. I called out softly to Luhan, but there was no reply. The kitchen was empty too, which probably meant the cooks took a break. I made my way up the staircase to my room which was at end of the corridor. I walked straight to it while my voice whispered Luhan's name. When I reached my room, I pushed the door open and found Luhan sitting on my bed, his eyes glaring at me. I frowned as I took small steps to him. 
 
"Lu--" I called him but he cut me off. 
 
"I thought we would have fun." He closed his eyes and looked away. "But apparently he had to ruin my day."
"Luhan, what are you on about?" I asked as I sat on the edge of the bed. 
 
"I saw Yixing kissing you." I winced. "And I didn't like it."
 
"Luhan..." 
 
"Why must it always be me?" He turned to me and I shook my head. 
 
"I-I don't know,Lu. I just wanted to learn my powers and that was it. I didn't know he would kiss me." I gripped the sheets of my bed in fear.  
 
"Forget it. Let's just get on with the lesson." Luhan grabbed my wrist and stood in the middle of my room. "For this power, all you have to feel is greed. Because telekinesis is when you want something. Not so badly because it's not far from you. But you want it to happen. So greed. Get it?" Luhan explained in a stern voice. 
 
"Yeah." I nodded and watched as Luhan picked up my notebook from the table. 
 
He place the book on the bed and turned to me. His eyes had soften from before, and his expression had changed, from a mad one to a guilty-looking one. 
 
"Your turn." He sighs out and I turned to the table again. 
 
I decided to pick up my favourite pen. I turned the knobs of my feelings and felt the need and greed to pick up the pen. I aimed my fingers at the pen and raised them higher to bring the pen up. It worked! I pulled it closer and closer until it landed square in my hands. I clapped happily and turned to Luhan, who was grinning. 
 
"That was good!" Luhan smiled and ruffled my hair. "It's dinnertime now so I guess we all have to eat. The next day after tomorrow is a big day. The fairy is predicted to attack the castle. So you have to be ready." 
 
"Alright sir." I chuckled and hugged him. "You know, just because Yixing kissed me doesn't mean I like him more." 
 
Luhan pulled away and looked at me.
 
"Then can I kiss you too?" He asked. 
 
"Uh..." I started. 
 
But he crashed his lips on mine in just a split second. 
 
 
 
 
-
DANG TWO KISSES IN ONE CHAPTER DAYUM
anyways I can't talk much I have my hw to do so i love you all and hope you enjoy. do comment! xx