the wand and Kaso

The return of love bites and y growls (Sequel to TWF!)

 

 A new day, a new beginning, a new adventure. After the realization that struck us last night, Kris, Sehun and I made our way to the biggest house, which belonged to Jongdae. We needed his house to call all the vampires over to discuss about the fight. Kris invited the werewolves over since they are a really good help. 

Kris began warning them about the forgotten wizard and known fairy. We assumed they might be working together, even though their worlds are so apart. 

"So, how do we fight the wizard?" Baekhyun asked. 

"We will need to find a wand. That was why we searched for the necklace. It will help us find the wand." Kris explained. 

"What about the fairy?" Suho piped up. 

"That's the problem." Kris sighed. "This is why I called you guys over."

"To fight a fairy..." Luhan thought. "Maybe we need a different wand?"

"Or maybe it is the same wand!" Tao suggested. 

"What if the magic in the wand is only enough to fight the wizard? We might never know how much magic the wand holds." Kris shrugged. 

"It might be a sword." Minseok said. 

"Or a spear!"

"Bow and arrow! Like the Katniss girl I read about in one of Hyojung's books!" That was definitely Kyungsoo. 

"Spike!"

"Nets!"

"Axes!"

Many suggestions came in but they didn't seem to fit into the puzzle. The fairy must be really strong, but there must be something stronger. Something that can fight anything in the world. Maybe a magical sword? Or another wand?
Or maybe it is a someone? 

"Okay, okay. Calm down everyone." Kris, with his loudest voice, stopped the commotion. "Why don't we search for the wand to defeat the wizard first? We can discuss about the fairy later." 
We agreed and sat in silence as we waited for the next thing. Kris dug through his pant pocket and pulled out the necklace. I observed the necklace, and realized it has a nice shimmer to it. It has a sphere as the pendant which has a galaxy pattern to it. My mind wondered how it was going to lead us to the wand. It might be close to impossible. It can't move, can't see, can't touch. Basically, it is dead. Non-living. Just a thing. 

All of a sudden, it lighted up. Some of us gasped, some of us staggered back, while a few looked... Normal. Kris was one of them, so it was good luck since if he was one of those who were surprised, it would have slipped off his fingers. He told us it happened a few times when it was with him. 

"Maybe it's trying to tell us something." I tried and went closer to the necklace to inspect it. 

It looked normal, except for its glowing happening. It didn't have any sings or anything. It was just a pendant. A simple pendant on a necklace. I shook it a little, and it budged. I shook it harder, and when I let go, a small face appeared. I screamed in fear and stumbled back until I hit someone. The face stared at me and I screamed louder. It changed its expression, from a serious one to a questioning one. I stopped myself from screaming and pointed at it with a shaking finger. 

"I-it has a face, guys." I whispered. "It is alive!"

"What?" Kris looked at me like I was crazy and flipped the necklace over so that the face was facing him. "AH!"  
Kris was legit frightened of the necklace. He screamed and dropped it. Chanyeol dived for it, and it landed, luckily, on Chanyeol's palm. Kris stared at the necklace like it was some demon. This was the first time I see him so scared. I almost laughed, but I was too frightened to even move. 

"God damn it guy, you don't even know how to hold me well?" The necklace started talking. 
 
At first I thought I was screaming, but it turned out to be Kris. He was screaming so loudly (and really like a girl) that the necklace screamed back while it faced Kris. Finally, and thankfully, Luhan covered Kris' mouth to shut him up. Kris did, and the necklace as well, but that was also because Chanyeol hit it lightly at the top.

"Yo dude! I am helpful okay! Don't hit me anyhow!"  

“Helpful? More like scary.” He calmed down and cleared his throat out of embarrassment.
 
“Excuse me? Scary? I am one of the best looking necklaces out there!” The necklace argued and I could hear some snarky snort from it.
 
“There are more talking necklaces?!” Kris gasped and held tightly on Luhan.
 
“Yeah.” The necklace laughed. “But don’t worry, there’s only three in this world. I am not really sure about the girl’s world. Anyways, you can’t just throw me away. You know you need me to fight the wizard.”
 
“A-are you a human?” I asked, since, you never know, this guy might be cursed or something.
 
“Nope, I am born a necklace.” The necklace smirked. “Your grandmother made me.”
 
My heart fluttered and I took a step back, which was not doable as Jongin was standing behind me. He held tight onto me. Everytime my grandmother is mentioned; I would be so surprised and crept out for some reason.
 
“Does everyone in this world know that I am the granddaughter of the queen’s assistant?” I asked and the necklace smiled.
 
“You’re famous in this world.” The words caught me. “Everyone knows you. They would want to meet you.”
 
~*~
 
“This way.” The necklace, Kaso, informed in a stern voice.
 
Kaso had been leading us to the wand for the past hour. We were currently in the forest, somewhere deep in the woods. I wasn’t ready for this type of things. I never really liked forests. They scare me, with their loud silence. But since there were like thirteen, fourteen including Kaso, living things walking together in a bunch, I felt alright.
 
“Here?” Kris asked the magic necklace.
 
Apparently, Kris and Kaso became close after the incident. They began talking more than they need to, and Kris did not look scared anymore. Instead, he laughed along with Kaso’s weird and lame jokes and also its sarcasm.
 
“So, Kaso, are you a guy or a girl?” Kris asked.
 
“I am a guy, duh.” Kaso grinned. “We have this diamond thing in the middle of our pendant and it is either in black or grey. Grey for male and black for female.”
 
I inspected the diamond above Kaso's face and found that it was grey. I nodded my head and continued focusing the path before me. Kaso said we were getting warmer to the wand, which means we were close to it. I started getting excited. We could finally demolish one enemy! The wizard seemed to not be attacking for now, maybe because he is waiting for enough power, but the fairy seems to be working her magic quick. She had destroyed three out of six states in this world and she is coming close to the main state, which is called the vamps, where all of the vampires live. You can tell that tit is the richest state since it has the castle in it. The castle where the queen lives. I really can’t wait to meet her.
 
“It’s around here.” Kaso informed and Kris sighed.
 
“Can’t you tell us specifically?” Kris asked.
 
“Nope. This is when you guys can use your power.” Kaso smiled.
 
“What power?” Kris turned Kaso to face him.
 
“You guys have powers, right? One of your powers can actually reveal the hiding spot. Go ahead, each of you, go and try.” Kaso chuckled and Kris passed him to me, since I have no power.
 
Kris went up first. He held out his arms and began levitating off the ground. I stared in amazement as he flew up and went around the area to search for the wand. When he flew back down with nothing in his hand, I knew it wasn’t his power that was good enough to win the wand.
 
“Next!” Kaso cried like a judge, which made me amused.
 
Luhan went next, and he picked up each and every rock available. There was no wand, so he began picking up the trees, even the heaviest ones. I was shocked. His power was so strong. Even though it is invisible and spotless, it was so strong it could carry almost anything and everything. Too bad there were no wands appearing.
 
Tao began using his time stopping power to stop time and focus on the things happening. Leaves fell slowly, the wind blew with a soft breeze, and the trees dance like they were ballerinas. Of course, no wands appeared, since time stopping can’t do much with finding things.
 
Jongdae, with quick calculation, strike the middle of the area with a bright lightning, which made most of us jump in fear. A thunder could be heard. Again, Jongdae lighted up and the beautiful lighting shone around the area. No wands available. Jongdae stopped his amazing power and took a step back so that Minseok could test his powers.
 
Minseok’s power wasn’t much. All he could do was freeze the whole place, which made us shiver since we weren’t use to it. He focused all around the area and went to inspect each and every corner, since everything was frozen nothing would hide nor move. Too bad there weren’t any wand frozen.
 
We all started feeling chilly and cold. I started sneezing, and I watched as my fingers turned blue. Minseok froze the whole place, and the degree dropped hugely, which is dangerous no matter what you are. My breath began appearing and I asked Minseok to stop his power. Apparently, he can do it, but he can’t undo it. I knew Chanyeol had fire powers, so I asked him to heat up the place, he started doing it, but little fire was coming out as he had tiny frost bites on his fingers. With swift movements, Yixing began healing Chanyeol’s frost bite so that he could use his powers to heat us all. At first I thought Yixing’s powers weren’t useful in this situation, but apparently, it was.
 
When we all were healed and heated up by the fire Chanyeol emitted, he began burning up places to search for the wand. As a result, no wand appeared. Chanyeol sighed in defeat and pushed Suho up to the center.
 
“Use your power to cool down the fire.” Chanyeol said and Suho nodded.
 
Suho started splashing water everywhere to clear out the fire and as well as to search for the wand. He sprayed water everywhere to start a small pond. Maybe he thought the wand could only work in water. Nothing happened, except for the normal temperature. That’s good enough.

Sehun went next, and he blasted wind all over the place to force out the wand out of its hiding place. I was almost pushed by the wind, but luckily Kris was beside me to hold on to me. A mini tornado happened, and all of us closed our eyes and held onto each other to not be picked up by the tornado. When Sehun finished, he told us that he couldn't find any wands. 

As soon as Sehun step back, Jongin began teleporting everywhere to find the wand. He even teleported into the trees, but he couldn't find any. He went underground, but it was too dark and there were no spaces to walk. In the end, he gave up and passed the job to Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun began lighting up really dark places like a tiny cave by the side or under the bushes or in tree holes, but there were no wands. He shone the whole area with light, which blinded us. It did no good. No wands could be found. We did find a burned bird and a frozen lizard. 

Finally, Kyungsoo. We bet our hearts to him, and prayed for his power to work. He looked nervous and small. I told him he could do it, and he took a deep breath before he stomped his right foot hard on the ground. The earth began shaking and a crack appeared. The vibration was so hard most of us fall down. My body shook hard as I sat down and watch huge, hard rocks sprouting out of the ground. Rock after rock appeared, and it finally stopped at a gigantic one, about twice the size of Kyungsoo. 

And there it stood, proud and shining. The wand spun in mid air and we all stared at it like it was some king. Kyungsoo made an earth staricase with his power and walked up to the wand. He gently wrapped his fingers around it and slowly went down the steps. When he landed on safe ground, the rocks sunk back down into the earth and the crack went back together. The ground looked like nothing happened to it. Kyungsoo walked up to Kaso and shook the wand a little. 

"It was me all along." He smiled and stared at the wand like it was his love life. 

"You, man, are amazing." Kaso smiled and began shaking gently. 

"Kaso, what's happening to you?!" I gasped and he sighed. 
Kris ran to me and snatched Kaso out of my hands. 

"Kaso! Why are you shaking?" Kris asked him as Kaso smiled weakly. 

"My work here is done." Kaso told Kris. 

"B-but... We still need you! We need you to find the other thing to fight the fairy!" Kris reasoned while he looked desperately at Kaso. 

"That's not my job, Kris." Kaso chuckled. "Let me leave the place." 

"No, then I would lose a friend!" Kris legit looked sad. 

"Hey! You have twelve other friends!" Kaso's voice got weaker. "I have to leave no matter what, Kris." 

"Fine..." Kris sighed and passed the necklace to me so that there was less pain to bear. 

"Goodbye Kaso." I smiled. "Thank you so, so much for helping us. You're really funny and helpful."

"You're welcome darling." Kaso sighed and he closed his eyes. "Remember, your powers will show soon."

"Powers?" But then he was gone. 

The necklace disappeared from my palms. 

Just like magic. 


Poof. 


........

Alrighttttt an update! 
Hehehehe tbh i really like this chapter because idk i just like Kaso alot 
Too bad he is in here for only a chapter :( hahahahaha anyways I wanted you guys to see them use their powers and also i realized I've been "neglecting" Kyungsoo so ahahahaha I wanted him to shine in here hahaha 

I hope you like this chapter and do comment down below and upvote! Xoxo i love you guysss