Grandma's house

The return of love bites and y growls (Sequel to TWF!)

                 The house smelled like burnt cinnamon rolls. The floors were creaky, and the fireplace was dead. The lights were surprisingly still working, only that it was flickering like as if they were dancing. The house was still, silent, yet it was alive. I couldn't help but let tears escape. It had been years since I walked into this memorable house. Only when I stepped into the house did I realize I really missed my grandmother. She was such an amazing person, even her house kept me amazed. 

"Hyojung, you alright?" Luhan asked me softly. 

"Yes, yes I am." My faint smile emerged. "I just feel... mixed inside."

Luhan gave me a big hug and I cradled to him, trying my best not to let my tears stain his shirt. His hug was warm and nice. He smelled of sweet candy. I hugged him tighter before pulling away to explore the house more. 

"Kris, what is the thing that you need to save the planet?" I asked. 

"I don't know. But the description says it's small and has something like a galaxy design." Kris replied and frowned. 

"If it is small, it'll be hard to find." Chanyeol groaned and flopped on the couch, which made a soft 'oof' sound. 

"Well there are thirteen of us." Baekhyun chuckled and pulled chanyeol up. "You and I should go to the kitchen." 

"How many rooms are there in this house?" Kris asked me. 

"My grandma's, mine, two guest rooms, the attic and the basement. Oh, and the kitchen and hall." 

"Eight rooms." Kris smiled. "Okay, baekhyun and chanyeol, the kitchen. Jongin and Sehun, hall. Kyungsoo and Jongdae, grandma'a room. Hyojung, your own room. Yixing and I will be the guest rooms, Luhan and Minseok will be the attic and finally, Suho and tao will be the basement." Kris ordered and we all followed his command. 

Not surprising how he made me search my own room. 

We separated and slowly, I walked up to my old room. I was scared, to be honest. It had been such a long time. What if I break down and cry all over again? A fearful sigh escaped my lips before I opened the blue painted door. Instantly, I saw a bed with turquoise bed sheets. Two white night stands stood beside it. Fairy lights hung above the bed and pictures of fetus me decorated the space below the lights. My tears came back to wet my eyes. This bed was my bed. My spacious, warm bed.

“Grandma! Tell me a bedtime story!” I squealed, even though I knew I was too old for it.

“But grandma is too tired today.” Grandma sighed and I tried not to cry.

When she says she’s tired, it means her heart’s not normal.

“What about tomorrow?” I squeaked.

“Sure, tomorrow.”

 

Those were the last two words she said to me. Not even a goodbye before she collapsed to the floor. I thought, for a stupid moment, that she was sleeping, but who would sleep like a lump on the cold floor?

 

“Help, she’s not breathing!” I screamed while I prayed for Grandma to miraculously get up and smile at me.

“Calm down kid. We will send an ambulance there as soon as possible.” The man said.

 

I leaned against my bed frame weakly and looked around. I knew I was not strong enough to come back to this house. I knew it. I couldn’t stand it. It was all too painful. Even though her body was not in the house, I could feel her watching me. I could feel her soul wandering around the house, watching all thirteen of us to find some tiny crap with limited description.
I slithered my feet past the area where my grandmother fell. I could almost feel her there. I pulled my feet away and sat down on the bed to register why I was in the house. I was in here to help the vampires. I was in here to help them find something that can save their planet. I was not here to make a big fuss and feel sorry for no reason. I’ve got to be strong.

 

“When you grow up, remember to be like a superhero.” Grandma patted my head.

“Like Hulk? Be green?” I chuckled.

“No, sweetheart, be strong and adventurous. Save the people who need more. Be yourself and show the world you’re not afraid of it.”

 

I wiped my last tears and looked around. Where can something small and has something like a galaxy design be placed in this house? Is it in something or is it a big black hole hidden in the basement? Where can it be if it is in my room? In the closet? None. In the bathroom? Empty. On the nightstands? No luck. On and under the study table? Zero.

Where could it be for God’s sake? I frantically searched around the room. There was practically nothing. I had brought everything over to the orphanage I lived in when I was ten. From there, I brought everything over to my house now. What could this thing be? Where could it be?

“Hyojung?” I jumped slightly at the voice and turned to the door.

Kris was standing there with a big box. It was labeled ‘do not open’. I looked up at Kris who raised his eyebrows at me. I held my hands up and shook my head.

“I never knew that box existed.” I said and Kris nodded his head.

 “Kyungsoo found this in your grandmother’s room.” Kris explained. “It might be in here.”

“Alright, we’ll search through it then.” I sighed and smiled faintly.

“You okay?” Kris asked.

“Sure. Just, feeling, sentimental.”I chuckled and shooed Kris away jokingly.

I looked around my room once. I wanted to live in the room again. I wanted to jam to Barney songs in my room while I colour my coloring books. I wanted to be tucked in by grandma all over again. I miss her. I miss her so much.

My feet felt heavy when Luhan called me to go down. I took slow steps and scanned the room once more before I turned around and exited as quickly as I could. I did not want to look back and cry. I ran straight downstairs and halted as the boys watched me.

“What, did a ghost chase after you?” Jongdae joked and everyone chuckled.

“Maybe.” I played along and sat beside Kris, who had the box in front of him.

“Okay, so we will go through the contents of this box.” Kris said and looked at me. “Your grandmother wouldn’t mind, would she?”

“I doubt so.” I shrugged and gently tore off the tape.

Kris flipped the flaps of the box open and cautiously looked into it. It was half empty, and the contents varied. There were three long, thick dresses, one in white, one in black and the other in red. A few books filled the box, and jewelry boxes were neatly placed in the corner of the box. We started opening each and every of the jewelry box, all displaying beautiful, antique necklaces and rings. But there were no signs of galaxy thingies.

“Why is this box labeled ‘do not open’?” Yixing asked.

“I have no idea. My grandmother had never shown me this box.”

“The thing is- there’s nothing in this box!” Kris groaned and slammed his head on my shoulder.

All of a sudden, there was a loud thump upstairs. We all froze in our seats. I quickly counted the number of people in the room. Thirteen. Thirteen out of thirteen. Which means nobody was upstairs. How did that thump appear? I became nervous, frightened, and scared. We all looked at each other. A few of their faces became pale and their fingers began shaking.

“Let’s go check that out.” Jongdae, who I believe is very brave, said.

“Are you crazy?! Do you want us to die?!” Tao yelled and hit Jongdae repeatedly.

“Maybe it’s just a rat.” Chanyeol tried to convince Tao. “This house had been abandoned for years, anyways.”

“That’s what makes it scarier.” Luhan shivered.

“Let’s just go see what that is.” I nodded my head and got up.

All of us gathered together, the bravest at the front and back, the scaredy cats in the middle. I partnered up with Jongdae who pulled me up to the front with him. I was scared, yet I was curious. What was that thud? Like seriously.

Maybe we can bust ghosts!

We trudged up the stairs softly and gently. I was greeted by the empty corridor of the second level. Everything looked normal, like how it was always. There was nothing on the floor, which means the thump came from the room. Jongdae moved further down the corridor, and he peeked into my grandmother’s room. The door made a rusty creak as it was opened.

“Is there anything inside?” Kris asked.

“Nope. Everything looks okay.” Jongdae replied.

As I scanned my grandmother’s room, I felt a cold sensation beside me. It was colder than room temperature. I moved my arm slightly but I didn’t feel anything. The same cold sensation stayed. I was getting really scared. Was it… was it a gh – no! No, Hyojung, no! Do not think that way! It must be the atmosphere. It was just cold due to the surroundings! It has nothing to do with the spiritual content!

Another thump could be heard. This time, it was louder. We all kept quiet and listened to where the thud came from. At the same time, I looked around to make sure no robbers or burglars were in the house. My eyes finally gazed at my bedroom, since anyways, it was the next room to be examined. But I regretted what I did. I tried my best not to scream.

She was sitting on my bed, with a baby in her arms.

A baby.

 

 

 

 

A/N:

OH MY FREAKING GOD.

I AM SO DAMN SORRY I DID NOT UPLOAD LAST TUESDAY.

I WAS BUSY OMG IT WAS RAYA SO I HAD TO GO OUT WITH MY FAMILY.

i hope you guys understand.

I really wanted to update but I was out the WHOLE day!

Not to mention I had tests which made it WORSE.

I am really sorry! I hope you guys forgive me T_T

Anyways.... 

Oooooooooh! Who is this she? And who is this baby? ooooh.... actually it's sorta obvious XD

GO AND COMMENT DOWN BELOW WHO IT IS! 

hehhehe XD

I miss you guys, I love you guys, and do comment, subscribe and upvote!

SARANGHAE~~~~ xx