Complicated

The return of love bites and y growls (Sequel to TWF!)

The old lady looked up at me with familiar eyes. I took a step back and watched as she got up and place the baby in the cot beside her. Her eyes, her hair, her lips... Grandma. And the baby... It looked just like... me. 

"Grandma?" I whispered. 

She turned to me and began taking small steps to where I was. I looked around for help, but suddenly, no one was there except for me. The house was dark, like there was no windows for sunlight to shine in. My eyes flicked back to grandma who looked ten years younger. She went up to me, and I could see tears. 

"You remember me, don't you?" She smiled and I shut my eyes. 

This was scary. Grandma knew me. But she was young. What was happening? I was scared. I need help. I wanted to wake up from this dream. 

"Hyojung, listen to me." Grandma held onto my shoulders, her grip tight and real. 

"What is this? Grandma, I don't understand!" I pulled away and opened my eyes to see my grandmother standing before me. 

"I need to tell you things, Hyojung." Grandma sighed. 

"What? What things?" I sounded angry, but in truth I was really scared and tired. 

"First thing, I'm really here. But only you can see me, because I made it like that." Grandma smiled and caressed my wet cheek. "Secondly, the thing that the vampires need, it is in the room that I always told you not to go in." She pointed to the door next to my room and my eyes widened at the sight. 

"Wait... But just a moment ago..." I gulped. "It wasn't there."

"My soul is living in here, Hyojung." That was why the house felt so alive. "I'm waiting for the planet to be saved. I covered the door from all of you so that you guys won't see it. That's why when you were younger, you might not have realized, the door would be gone when there are visitors in the house." Really? My goodness...

"So... Only I can go into the room?" My eyes directed into my grandmother's. 

"Yes. And also, the thing is a necklace." I frowned and looked at my grandmother.

"Is the room scary?" I asked in a whispery voice. 

"It's where I keep all my...needs. Blood, wands and magic."

"What?! Wands, magic?! Vampires don't have that!" I frowned. I didn't understand. 

"Fine, I never told you but, I have some mixed blood of a .... Witch." I collapsed. "Hyojung!"

"A witch?" I gasped. "What is this?" I pulled my knee up to my face. "What are you?"

"I'm mixed, Hyojung, I'm totally mixed!" Grandma bent down to my level and hugged me. "Which makes you even more mixed."

"What?" 

"You'll know, soon." Grandma wiped my tears and smiled. "Your skin is still the same. Soft and smooth like when you were younger." Grandma chuckled and I sniffed in embarrassment. 

"So I just have to get the necklace?" I asked. 

"Yes. Oh, and also, about your cousin... In Cairo... Doesn't he look familiar with a local here?" Grandma stared at me. "You know, the guy from the convenience store? The cashier?" Junhong...? "He is your cousin's brother."

"Huh?" How many secrets are there that I never knew?!

"He is actually from the vampire planet. I took him from the earth because he was sick. Your uncle understood." Grandma explained. "When your cousin was born, uncle Fee named him Junhong too, since he really loved his first son and they look really the same. The only difference is that your cousin Junhong has a mole on his face." 

"So... Why was Junhong in the convenience store here?" I asked. 

"I sent him to protect you." Grandma rubbed my shoulders softly. "Sorry I never told you about this. I didn't want you to feel... Different." 

"Oh grandma..." I chuckled and cried at the same time. 

We hugged for awhile, and I swear, she felt the same. Her hug was still warm, her arms were still strong, and I really loved it. I felt so happy and I didn't want to let go. My grandmother pulled away and said she was going to stop this. I had no idea what she meant by this. Actually, I had so many things I didn't understand. How can my grandmother have so many powers? How come she is the one who takes back and sends Junhong-the-first-cousin-or-my-convenience-store-best-friend? How come she is the one who rules? I don't get it. 

 

"Hyojung!" I heard a call. "Hyojung, you alright?!" My eyes opened widely and I sat up straight. 

The vampires and werewolves were surrounding me. My hands felt so cold and I was sweating badly. I panted as I looked up at the expressions the vampires and werewolves had. They all looked worried. I slowly got up from my bed and coughed. I felt so refreshed yet in pain. I didn't know what I was feeling, in honesty. I just felt new. I felt special. I felt... smart for once. 

"What happened?" I asked with a hoarse voice. 

"You out all of a sudden." Suho caressed my hair. 

"The room!" I remembered meeting with my grandmother. "It's in the room!" 

The vampires and werewolves looked really confused as I got up and sprinted to the corridor even though my head was pounding so hardly and my vision was blurry. My head whipped to the door. It was there. Standing proudly and darkly. The boys followed behind me, and I could hear a few gasp since they knew there was no door before. Some began questioning my behaviour but I didn't even bother to answer. The only focus I had was the door. I swallowed my saliva before I took a step towards the door. Another step followed. My feet were suddenly so heavy and strong, like as if I had a chain around it. I was scared, excited and confused. Will something happen to me if I open the door? No...right? My grandmother didn't say anything about monsters or ghosts crawling if I open the door. 

Finally, I was right before the door. My heart was beating crazily against my chest in fear. Even though I didn't want to, I forced my palm up and lay in on the doorknob. I was not ready for this. But I had to help the vampires to get the necklace. My fingers wrapped around the doorknob and I inhaled deeply before I twisted it and pushed the door with all my force. I shut my eyes and heard a loud thump. Then silence. I opened both my eyes slowly and was greeted by a dark room. I felt the walls for the light switch, and when my fingers glided across it, I clicked it and light brightened the whole room. 

My eyes widened at the sight. There were three huge shelves occupying all the walls and a wardrobe stood at the wall with the door. A shelf was topped with many flasks, which I assumed, was filled with blood. On the other rack, potions with funny labels were stacked neatly. On the last shelf, many unrelated items sat on the shelf. 

"What room is this?" Chanyeol asked. "How come I've never seen it?" 

"I don't know... Just... My grandmother said that the thing is a necklace, and it is in this room." I explained. 

"Wait... How do you know?" Kris asked me. 

"My grandmother came to visit me." I looked up at Kris who had a disbelieving look on his face. 

 

~*~

 

We scurried around and tried to find for the necklace. In order to not waste time, we split up and began searching for the necklace. I wasn't sure how it looks like, but all I know it has a chain (of course) and probably the pendant has a galaxy design. 

"There's none at all in all the shelves!" Chanyeol yelled and I sigh in fatigue. 

Where can it be? It can't be missing just like that. Grandma has been living here. Of course, whatever she told me must be true. It cannot be a lie. My grandmother never lies. 

"Hyojung... Were you... Hallucinating?" Kris asked me with a worries expression. 

"What?" I stared up at Kris. 

"Did you thought you saw your grandmother, but it is not true?" Kris touched my forehead. 

"You don't trust me?" I asked with my eyes wide open. 

"I can't... It's like your words weren't..." 

"Kris, I believe she's telling the truth." Luhan stepped in. "It's just that her grandmother is hiding something."

I smiled gratefully at Luhan. He trusts me. If someone you like or miss doesn't trust you, that's hell. I felt sort of heartbroken and furious when Kris thought I was psycho, but when Luhan stepped in, I was glad. I guess just one person's trust is enough to make me feel strong again. 

"Maybe it is in the wardrobe." Suho piped in. 

I turned to my back and I was greeted with a huge brown coloured cupboard. Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who were the closest to the wardrobe, stepped up to it and held the doorknobs. Silence engulfed the room as they slowly opened both doors. A creak emitted and all of us stepped back. When the doors were fully opened, we saw a lot of black, witch clothes. I could hear a few gasps and whispers, but I knew who the clothes belonged to. 

I walked up to the wardrobe and began ing my arms back and forth in the cabinet. I took out every cape and dresses and searched through all the pockets. All sorts of things appeared, but not a necklace. I grunted and slightly lost my hope when I saw only a pair of dress left. I prayed madly as I reached up to it with shaky hands. I picked it up from the rack and inhaled before I slotted my hand into the first pocket. Nothing. My heart began beating. Second pocket. Empty. I gulped and closed my eyes to not cry so badly. Third and last pocket. Zero.

My heart fell and exhaled the breath I was holding in before. Tears brimmed to my eyes. My body dropped to the floor as I released the tears. Was I really crazy? Was I just dreaming? Was it not real? How could I believe myself? I'm such an idiot. Kris was right. I'm psycho. I'm crazy. Grandma is dead she will never come back. Why would my mind do this to me? Why me? Why me out of all people?! Grandma, why did you choose me out of all the relatives? Why... Me? 

Jongdae came and hugged me tight. He told me it was okay, it was alright, and maybe the necklace was at somewhere else in the room. Bull. It's nowhere. Maybe it's not even in this house. Maybe the vampires didn't even have to safe the planet. Or maybe I was dreaming all along. I began hitting myself and pinching myself. It hurts. It was so painful. I wasn't dreaming. But... This all felt so fake and so fantasy-like, it can't be real...

"Hyojung." A familiar voice called me from the back of the room. 

I wiped my tears and looked up to where the voice came from. My eyes widened. It can't be. I felt so weak inside. Does he live here? My heart began racing and my head began aching. A man stood at the corner of the room with something dangling in his hand. 

The necklace. 

I got up slowly and took small steps to the man.  I knew him well. I can see him. I felt like crying all over again, but I was tired. I tripped over something halfway, and Luhan helped me back up. My legs turned to jelly and my head began dizzy. Was he really there, this man? But why was he there? 

"Hyojung..." 

"Is it really you?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper. 

"Do you miss me?" Rage started to build up in my body. 

How come I remember him so well, even though I hate him?

"Me? Miss you? What the hell are you talking about?! I hate you.... I hate you!" I yelled and glared at him. 

"Sweetheart, don't be like this." He still dared to call me sweetheart? "How do you remember me?"

"Your face was all over grandma's house." I growled. "I threw it all before I left this house when I was only ten." 

"Hyojung... I'm sorry..." 

"Get away from me."

~*~
I AM BACK

hello hello ^_^ 

ooohhh, tbh, this story is getting REALLY complicated and confusing I hope you guys understand xx

Can't talk much I have a project to do see you guys next week xx