[yoonmin] - umbrella

Bangtan Oneshot / Drabble Fics Collection

Title: Umbrella
Pairing: Yoongi / Jimin
Summary: Yoongi always been Jimin’s umbrella

Genre: angst, broken!yoonmin

Warning: character died.

Word Count: 686

Author's note: listen to this song when reading this fic


Jimin hated rain. He never like rain without his umbrella. Soaking in a heavy rain, he looked at his own reflection in the puddle. He looked so miserable and sad. He missed Yoongi. He missed the guy who always been his umbrella.

 

 

Jimin remembered clearly the day he was soaked in a heavy rain because he insisted to get out from the all-white room for once to feel the droplets of the rain dropped on the tip of his finger from the hospital’s garden. He was always missed the moment when he played under the rain when he was a kid because he couldn’t stay outside for a long time when they found out that he was sick. He used to love rain.
“You need an umbrella.” A deep but smooth voice came out from behind, making Jimin startled slightly. Jimin was going to say something but this guy already pulled him gently so he stood under his umbrella. “I’m Yoongi.”
Jimin took a look at the stranger’s face and the stranger had a good-looking yet gentle face. Then he noticed the outfit that Yoongi worn. It was from the hospital too. Just same like he worn right now.
“I’m Jimin.” He smiled slightly at Yoongi and the latter replied his smile with a warm smile too, sending a warmness inside Jimin’s cold body because of the rain. “Let’s go inside. You could get sick because you’re soaking wet like that.”
Jimin bit his lower lip in nervousness as the stranger held his hand and took him to the hospital building again. He swore he never felt such a nervousness and tingling feeling inside him.

 

Jimin found out that Yoongi was fighting with his cancer, just same like him. They were trying hard to fight their cancer. But they knew they would gone forever one day, either Jimin first or Yoongi first.
One week after they met each other, they became very close to each other and Jimin would visit to Yoongi’s room every single day. Jimin forced his parents to move his room next to Yoongi’s room so they could meet each other easily. Like today, Jimin went to visit Yoongi’s room again.
“Yoongi.” Jimin sat on Yoongi’s bedside and played with Yoongi’s pale fingers with a shy smile formed on his face.
“Yeah?” Yoongi sat up and leaned to Jimin’s side to plant a light kiss on his cheek. Yoongi was not kind of a touchy guy but with Jimin, he just wanted to touch the younger lovingly. Yes, he was in love with Jimin. They fell in love with each other. Jimin colored Yoongi’s monochrome life and Yoongi added more color to Jimin’s life too. They became determined to live longer because they wanted to stay by their side as long as they can. Today, Yoongi decided to confess his love confession to Jimin.
“I want to feel the raindrop again.” Jimin answered, cheeks flushed because of Yoongi’s kiss.
“Then let me be your umbrella.” Jimin smiled shyly at Yoongi’s simple confession and he pecked the latter’s lips, accepting his confession.

 

 

Jimin cried under the rain without his umbrella. Where was his umbrella gone?

 

 

As usual, Yoongi pulled Jimin under his umbrella, preventing him to be soaked in the rain but still let him to feel the rain on his fingertips. Sometimes he wondered why his Jimin loved rain so much, but seeing the bright smile formed on the younger’s face, he didn’t ask for more and just enjoy their left time while fighting for their cancer.
“Yoongi, I love you.” Jimin confessed. “You’ll always be in my heart.”
With that, Yoongi pulled JImin even closer and kissed him lovingly under his umbrella.
“I love you too, Jimin.” He said. “Don’t forget me.”

 

 

His umbrella was gone forever. No one could protect him from the grey cloud above his head. No one could protect him from the rain that pouring over him. His tears mixed with the rain that rolled in his face.
“I love you forever, Yoongi.” He wiped his tears shakily. “I won’t forget you and let’s meet again one day.”

 


 

a/n:

wrote this story while listening to younha's umbrella. accidentally played this song when i almost broke my friendship up with my bestfriend. i cried so much because of that. but i'm glad my bestfriend didn't let me go. thank you for not letting me go, rin.

anyway, i'm still writing for two more requests and im sorry if i took a long time because of uni. really really sorry D:

want me to write your fic request? go send your request to my ask.fm or message me via line (u/n: natashajang).

the last, i have a blog named bangtan-recs and if you see your fic in the blog, it means i really enjoy reading your fic. dont forget to check the blog out, guys :D

 

-chae.