1.2

Bending The World

Book One
Earth

The Searcher

"Come on," a brunette hair boy said as two of his friend trailed him over the path.

"Woah!" They stunned to see the beautiful crowded city with its sparkled buildings.

"Let's go," The brunette boy said as they continued walking.

They amazed to see the big gate and quickly entered it with the crowd. Finally, they were searching for their friend in the most prestiguous city in the world.

"Luhan hyung!" A voice made them turned around to find Chen came.

"Glad to see you!" Luhan said as he hugged Chen.

"Hello there Kyung Soo, Tao," Chen greeted as the younger hugged him too.

"Nice to see you hyung," Kyung Soo smiled as Chen ruffled his hair playfully.

"Let me show you the place to stay which is my house," Chen said as they followed him.

Tao admired all the activities happened in the city. Kyung Soo saw people passed by, bringing their luxurious car. The people were happily chatting to each other and some showed their bending to others.

"Woah this is amazing," Tao watched a good bike passed by.

"Here we are," Chen stopped in front of a building with brown painting and wooden door.

He led them inside and showed them their room.

"Since I live here and I rarely cook, I will bring you to my dongsaeng's recommended restaurant," Chen exclaimed as Tao's eyes sparkled hearing the word 'dinner'.

"Just wash up first guys," Luhan reminded and Chen quickly showed the bathroom.

"Can we see around here?" Kyung Soo asked as Luhan shook his head.

"You can't until we're going to have dinner," Luhan answered as Kyung Soo pouted.

"Don't be that strict. Of course you can walk around here and I will be your tour guide. After seeing around we can have dinner," Chen told the plan for today and helped Tao unpack his belongings.

"So you are the fire bender," Tao said as Chen nodded.

"Can I see your fire?" Kyung Soo's eyes widened in curiosity.

Chen opened his palm and bursted out a little flames. He grew it bigger, smaller, and then bigger again. Tao and Kyung Soo amazed at his skill.

"And you two are earth bender right. I saw many earth bender here so don't worry, you won't be alone," Chen smiled.

"I'd love to see the other bending!" Tao exclaimed.

"You can see my friend's air bending when we meet them at the restaurant," Chen added.

"Guys I'm done," Luhan came out from the bathroom and Tao entered it right away.

Kyung Soo unpacked his belongings as Luhan met Chen.

"So, what's the true intention in coming here?" Chen knew and Luhan smiled.

"Some spirit wandering around in the dark form. The world is starting to unbalance again," Luhan said as Chen realized it too but his eyes widened when he knew something.

"Don't say that you're here to search for the avatar," Chen guessed as Luhan nodded.

"Yes it's been a hundred years and we can't lose hope," Luhan said truthfully.

"We are ready," Tao and Kyung Soo's voice made Luhan and Chen stopped their discussion.

"Let's go then," Chen smiled as he led them outside.

Kyung Soo and Tao still mesmerized by the stalls which sold sooo many unique things in their vision. Chen patiently explained all of it and even bought them snacks. Luhan seemed to get his child side back and Chen frowned to baby-sit three immature boys. At last he made it. They arrived at the restaurant.

"Chen hyung!" a boy went out and greeted him.

"Hello, Kai!"

"Let me take you guys inside," Kai replied as he led them to the table.

"Oh hello there Chen!" A girl came to greet him too.

Kyung Soo stunned to see the girl who now talking with Chen. His mind was somehow disturbed by her presence. Her aura was somehow different, he thought.

"So Luhan hyung, Kyung Soo, and Tao. These are my friend, Hanrin, normal girl, Kai, fire bender, and oh!" Chen stopped as another boy showed up in the familiar clothes,"this is Sehun, air bender."

"Nice to meet you, we are all earth bender but Tao here got the steel too," Luhan introduced them as Kai's eyes widened.

"You are the steel bender too?" Sehun's curiosity made him ask.

"Yeah. I can show you sometimes," Tao nodded as Kai and Sehun glady accepted that offer.

"My father is an earth bender but I'm not," Hanrin said as Kyung Soo gazed at her.

"Soo, is there anything wrong? You don't even blink looking that way," Chen made Kyung Soo gained his conciousness.

"I'm fine. Just hungry," Kyung Soo smiled.

"Then we shall serve you the best menu here!" Hanrin said as she stormed to the kitchen.

"Do you feel something?" Luhan spoke out as Kyung Soo nodded.

"Why did you ask that?" Chen got confused as he drank his green tea.

"He have a special aura detector," Tao explained.

"She is different," Kyung Soo concluded.

"She? You mean Hanrin? She's just a normal girl," Chen replied.

"I still don't know yet," Kyung Soo added quickly.

Their discussion ended when the meal came and Tao almost fainted because it all tasted so good. Luhan happily munched all the meats or vegetables. But Kyung Soo didn't eat much. He knew something would happen. But he couldn't sure if its good or bad.

"Are you okay?" a girl voice rang onto his eardrums and he looked up to see Hanrin stared worriedly at him.

"I'm okay," Kyung Soo tried to smile and Hanrin luckily let him go.

After they ended the prestigous dinner, Chen gladly paid for it. His treat, he said. Then they waved goodbye to Hanrin, Sehun, and Kai and walked home.

"I can feel it!" Kyung Soo shouted as Luhan's eyes widened.

"Feel what?" Chen asked confusely.

"She's the one!" Kyung Soo exclaimed.

"But isn't that possible? After a hundred years," Tao doubted his friend's intuition.

"I can feel her!" Kyung Soo kept insisting.

"After all the generations, only you who can feel her? Don't kid me."

"He is not kidding, brother," Tao finally spoke.

"Do you feel something too?" Luhan asked Tao.

"I felt a radiation from somewhere but I'm not sure."

"Can someone explain it for me?" Chen frowned.

"Kyung Soo can feel the presence of the avatar. He is a searcher from the earth nation," Luhan explained as Chen jumped in shock.

"But Hanrin can't bend anything," Chen said.

"But who knows?" Kyung Soo decided to make a plan to approach her and test her ability.

"She might be afraid because she isn't a bender before," Luhan concluded.

"But why she can't bend anything?" Tao asked curiously.

"Maybe the world don't want to reveal the avatar itself," Chen answered as Kyung Soo nodded.

***

Hanrin cleaned the last table and then walked to flip the sign.

"Are you done?" She asked to her mother softly as she nodded.

"Let's go home," Her father said as they came out from the room and locked the door.

Deg!

She stunned to feel something knocked her heart. Her parents didn't realize that she stopped and left her behind, but not to far. Hanrin looked up the sky where the spirits floating around. She kept seeing some black form swifted in the sky. When she realized that her parents went first, Hanrin turned around and began following her parents again.

Suddenly she felt something was approaching her, fast from behind. She turned around and narrowed her eyes, confused because she couldn't see anything.

"AAA!" She shocked to see a black form spirit flew right to her face and she quickly covered her face with both hands.

She was waiting for the spirit to take effect on her but she didn't feel anything. She opened her eyes and stepped back. Her face grew paler. She looked around to search for her dad but he's nowhere, far from her. Hanrin searched from another direction. But still, she found no one near there. Even the house looked empty.

In front of her, a block from the ground is protecting her.

A brown block of the ground which stood mightly in front of her.

"Is-is that a bending?"