1.9

Bending The World

Book One
Earth
Ba Sing Se

"Oh my God it's amazing!" Chen squealed as they landed in front of the wall that surrounded the city.

"Welcome," a guard said as he recognized Kyung Soo, the searcher.

"I'm bringing some important people and they're all my friend so please let them in," Kyung Soo said as he knew the strict rules in Ba Sing Se.

"Okay, let us check them first," One of the guard said as he motioned others to check the belongings and their pockets.

"We will keep this bison in the shelter."

"I will come with you in case he's not comfortable. I'm the owner," Sehun stepped ahead as the guard let him to follow them.

"Sehun," Hanrin called.

"I will be fine."

"I will come with him in case he get lost on his way back," Luhan said as he ran to catch up with Sehun.

"Now what to do?" Tao asked.

"Let me be your guide in Ba Sing Se!" Kyung Soo cheerfully said as they entered the gate.

Tao, Kai, Chen, and Hanrin surprised to see the huge market in front of them. People passed by with their belongings and Kai shocked to see the giant slide which every of it had a cart with vegetables on it sliding fast.

"Can we ride that?" Chen pointed at it as Kyung Soo and Tao shook their head, leaving Chen pouted.

"I want to ask the same thing before!" Hanrin laughed as they continued walking.

"It's all sure different from Republic City. I heard about Ba Sing Se in school and it's all the same!" Kai said as Hanrin remembered too.

"We agree to keep this traditional ways and I like it," Tao replied as Kyung Soo nodded.

"I'm starving!" Kai whined as Chen felt his stomach growled too.

"Me too," Hanrin cried.

"Let me show you the best restaurant here," Kyung Soo suddenly said.

"Yeaaah!!" Kai, Chen, and Hanrin cheered in happiness.

***

Sehun and Luhan followed the guard until they reached a huge building in it.

One of the guard opened the door and Sehun welcomed by the empty shelter. He crooked his eyebrows to see fences which separate each room but saw nothing in it.

"Why is there any fences but no animal in it?" Sehun asked to Luhan who smiled.

"You can place him here," The guard opened a door as Sehun led Gogi entered it.

"Don't worry Gogi. I will back soon," Sehun ruffled Gogi's fur softly.

"He will be safe and we will take care of him well," A friendly looking man stepped inside and Sehun was glad to see him because he seemed to interact well with animals.

"What a good air bison here," the man stepped inside and Gogi welcomed him well.

"Glad that he likes you," Sehun automatically said.

"Nice to know that too. By the way, I'm Kibum. I'm the one who take care of all the animals here. I'm an earth bender as well as him," Kibum pointed at Luhan.

"Don't be so formal, man," Luhan fist pumped Kibum as they grinned at each other.

"So this is Gogi," Sehun introduced them both.

"Hello Gogi!" Kibum greeted as Gogi ducked his head playfully to Kibum's head.

"Well then I think we should go. Thanks, Kibum," Luhan said.

"Thank you so much, Kibum-ssi," Sehun waved goodbye as Kibum smiled.

"Wait wait," Sehun said as they walked outside the shelter.

"What is it?" Luhan asked.

"Why there are fences in there? I saw nothing there," Sehun replied.

"Let me explain you something. Earth bender known to have a connection to the real earth bender. And the first and the most ancient earth bender is badger-moles. In there shelter, live many badger-moles and we treasured them because they're the true earth bender. In school, we learned and had a study tour about badger-moles to understand about the true earth bending."

"Wow I guess you are the smartest student in school," Sehun awed as Luhan blushed.

"I'm not really smart. By the way, where are they?" Luhan remembered as Sehun shook his head.

"Hmm at this hour, near evening. I guess that Kai is starving and they probably eating now," Sehun predicted.

"Okay maybe I know where they go," Luhan walked as Sehun trailed him behind.

"Where then?" Sehun innocently asked.

"You are such a young kid beside your tall figure," Luhan teased.

"Yah I'm not that childish!" Sehun pouted as Luhan laughed.

***

"The heck," Hanrin shocked as Kyung Soo's eyes widened.

"What?" Kai asked as his mouth fulled of food.

"Gross! Eat first and talk!" Kyung Soo and Hanrin shouted at the same time as everyone turned to see them.

"Oh my I'm going to bankrupt after this," Kyung Soo shook his head.

"Guys! Wake up! Kai! You ate three plates of huge portion of noodles and three cups of pudding! Chen! oh my stopped eating those steam buns! Tao! That's your 8th plate of cakes. You are all insane!" Hanrin frowned as Kyung Soo threw a thank you glance at her and his friends stopped eating and realized.

"We're sorry," Chen was the one who spoke up.

"Okay forgiven but you all the one who pay this off. Each of you," Hanrin said.

"Oh my!" A voice heard as they turned to find Luhan and Sehun walked towards their table.

"I'm hungry too," Sehun said as his eyes widened to see the amount of food on the table.

"She is dealing with it," Kyung Soo said as Luhan sighed in relieve.

"Tao, no sweets for a week," Luhan turned to Tao who ate the cake happily and pouted after he said that.

"Okay at last I'm full," Kai ended eating.

"Let me buy you something," Luhan said as Sehun gladly followed him.

"Now save a seat for Luhan and Sehun~," Chen sang as he moved aside as Hanrin moved closer to Kyung Soo who sat beside her.

They waited for Sehun and Luhan to eat and after that, Luhan led them to his home.

"Home? Is this your home?!" Kai pointed at a huge wooden house with green painted door and windows.

"Yeah. We live together," Luhan led them inside as Chen awed all the interiors.

"You have a nice home," Hanrin said as Kyung Soo smiled.

"Welcome!" a male voice heard as Kyung Soo embraced him.

"Father!" Kyung Soo greeted as the man hugged his son.

"Who is this?" A female voice heard as Luhan and Tao hugged their aunt.

"Good night. My name is Chen, and this is my dongsaeng, Kai, Sehun, and Hanrin. We came from Republic City. Nice to see you two," Chen's introduction made Kai, Sehun, and Hanrin's jaw hung open and they quickly bowed politely.

"Aigoo. So polite. It's time for you to rest. Luhan, Tao, and Kyung Soo, show them their room okay?" The female said.

"So that's your father?" Hanrin asked as Kyung Soo nodded.

"Actually. His father and my aunt were married two years ago," Tao added as the foreigners stunned.

"It doesn't matter anymore. I love them as my brother," Luhan hugged Kyung Soo and Tao as the younger smiled.

"Glad to hear that," Sehun said as they arrived in front of a door.

"Hanrin can use this room. Sorry if it's not that big," Luhan said as he opened the door.

"Oh my this is warm and good!" Hanrin stared at all the wooden furnitures even the room wasn't big but she loved it.

"Have a good night rest. I'm going to lead them to their room," Kyung Soo said as Hanrin waved goodbye to all of them.

"Oh Hanrin. Tomorrow we will bring you to meet the leader of Ba Sing Se. One of the best earth bender. And he will teach you," Luhan said as Hanrin gulped in nervousness.

"Bye, everyone," Hanrin once said it and closed the door.

Kyung Soo catched a glimpse of fear in Hanrin's eyes as they walked to their room.