2.1

Bending The World

Book Two
Fire

Strolling Along the Fate

The morning breeze greeted a boy who slept soundly on his bed.

"Wake up lazy head!" a female sound made him flinched a little.

"Five more minutes," He murmured unconciously.

"Yaaah! Wake up!" the girl went into the room and grabbed away his blanket.

"Nunaaa!"

"Don't 'nuna' me! Go take a bath and you have work to do," She said as the boy frowned.

"I hate burning the stove!" The boy complained.

"You can have your free time soon if you can manage the fire well," she added as the boy stormed to the bathroom.

The boy headed to a restaurant as he entered it.

"Morning, Chanyeol," a boy with tall figure greeted him.

"Morning, Minho hyung. I'm ready to burn the stove now," Chanyeol grinned as Minho laughed.

"Don't do it Yeol," Minho said as Chanyeol shook his head.

"Okay I'll go working now," Chanyeol entered the kitchen and started to heat the ovens and stoves there.

"Yeol! Are you finish?" another voice beside Minho heard twenty minutes later.

"Almost done! What is it, Jonghyun hyung?" Chanyeol asked as Jonghyun popped inside the kitchen.

"Wanna strolling along the beach?" He lifted his eyebrows as Chanyeol blinked few times.

"Eh? Is there any event there?"

"Yaah! I told you about the festival there," Jonghyun frustately said as Chanyeol remembered.

"Okay then! I finish! Let's go!" Chanyeol eagerly shouted as Minho shook his head at those immature boys.

"Be careful!" Minho said as they put their thumbs up and went outside.

Chanyeol followed Jonghyun into the market that crowded of people. He was happy to see busy people wander around in their red clothes. Of course, fire nation loves red, he thought as he amazed to see some bender who did some bending show near the center of the market.

They entered the beach area and Chanyeol loved it when the sand presented under his feet.

"Owaah!" Chanyeol cheered to see colorful balloons everywhere along with the game stand everywhere.

Kids were everywhere, eating their cotton candy and brought their unique balloons. The teenagers fulled the game stall and some of them won a doll from it. The children's parents wandering around the clothes and souvenir stall.

"They even sell a kite! Let's go play!" Jonghyun pointed at the kite stall as Chanyeol nodded in happiness.

They bought two kite as Jonghyun challenged Chanyeol to have a kite duel. Chanyeol eagerly ran on the edge of the beach while waving his kite and it flew successfully onto the sky. Jonghyun started to attack on Chanyeol's kite but the younger kept avoiding him aside. Chanyeol ran to the left side of the beach which more quieter and empty aside the festival area. He ran in happiness until something made him fell onto the sand, hard.

"Yeol?!" Jonghyun ran to him after he saw the boy fell.

Chanyeol felt something under the sand as he stood up quickly.

"AAAA!" He screamed as Jonghyun covered his ears to prevent the high frequency to broke his eardrums.

"The heck," Jonghyun stunned to see a body, covered by the sand.

"Is that a girl?" Chanyeol gained his conciousness and poked her arm.

"Yes, silly. But who is she?" Jonghyun wiped away the sand as he stunned to see her clothes.

"Earth bender," Chanyeol gasped as Jonghyun came into his serious mode.

"We should take her. We can't leave a girl here," Jonghyun decided as they realized.

"We take it to your home," Chanyeol said.

"No way! To yours! My mom will freak out if she sees her. You know how my mom acts," Jonghyun whined as Chanyeol shivered to imagine what Jonghyun's mother would do to them.

"Okay, to mine," Chanyeol said as he carried the girl.

They walked calmly to Chanyeol's home as Jonghyun opened the door to let Chanyeol in.

"Chanyeol you are....," Yura, Chanyeol's older sister stopped as her papers went onto the floor because she saw a girl on Chanyeol's back.

"Who's that? You guys didn't do something bad right?" Yura continued as Chanyeol lied the girl onto the nearest couch.

"We found her stranded on the beach," Chanyeol said as Yura kneeled to check the girl's condition.

"Okay I believe you guys. We should clean her wounds. Yeol, go take a towel and Jonghyun, help me and take a bowl of warm water," Yura instructed as the boys moved fast to get it.

Yura gently cleaned the wound as Chanyeol watched her did it. Jonghyun decided to go back home because it was getting late.

"Is she okay?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yes she is but she seems tired," Yura ended as Chanyeol helped her to bring the girl to her bedroom and lied her onto the bed.

***

"Xing?" Suho called as he spotted Yixing stunned when he practiced his bending.

"Yeah?" Yixing asked as he tried to calm himself down.

"Is there anything wrong?" Suho asked.

"I feel something is happening."

The last time Yixing told him that, they found the avatar. So, this time he believed in Yixing.

"Suho!" a friend of him called as he turned to face him.

"What is it, Jungkook?" Suho asked.

"Have you heard?"

"Hear what?"

"The avatar is missing and the soldier started to search for her here in case she came here," Jungkook said as Yixing's eyes widened.

"She is missing?" Suho asked in disbelief as Jungkook nodded and excused himself.

"Will she be okay?" Yixing almost cried as Suho hugged him.

"Oh Yixing, we will search for her too in North Pole," Suho said as he gently Yixing's hair.

"How about searching for her now?" Yixing asked as Suho nodded and they went to search for Hanrin.

***

Hanrin felt awake and she opened her eyes just to be greeted by the warm feeling. She quickly sat on the bed.

"Where am I?" She asked as she realized that it was a fine morning.

She opened the window near her bed and gasped to see the crowd. Being in school, she shocked to see the real view other than pictures in the book.

"Fire nation!" Hanrin recognized as she scanned the area.

"So you are awake," a voice heard as Hanrin turned back and put on her defence mode.

"Who are you?!" Hanrin asked as the girl smiled.

"No need to be afraid. My name is Park Yura. My brother found you stranded on the beach and brought you here," Yura calmly said as Hanrin put her hands down.

"I'm sorry then. Thank you for helping me," Hanrin bowed politely.

"Let's go have breakfast but first, here, clean yourself and wear my clothes. I think it fits you. Don't be afraid," Yura handed her a new set of clothes as Hanrin nodded and went to the nearest bathroom.

"So, is she awake already?" Chanyeol asked as he sat on the dining chair when Yura went to prepare the breakfast.

Hanrin was ready and she stepped downstairs just to spot a handsome baby-face boy sat on the dining chair.

"Oh hello there? Are you feeling better?" He asked in his baritone voice as Hanrin stunned to hear such a voice came out from someone looked even younger than her.

"Yes I am. Thank you."

"I'm the one who found you yesterday. My name is Chanyeol," Chanyeol smiled as Hanrin stunned, again, to see the sparkling neat teeth of his.

"Come and eat," Yura said as Hanrin nodded and sat accross the boy.

Yura sat beside Chanyeol and they started to eat. Hanrin suddenly remembered about her friends. Now she was in fire nation which was far away from Republic City and Ba Sing Se. When she remembered about Ba Sing Se, her tears started to fall down.

"Eh? Are you okay?" Chanyeol was the one who noticed her tears and Yura gave her a her handkerchief to wipe Hanrin's tears.

"I-I just remember about my friends and family," Hanrin decided to confess.

"You can tell us if you want and when you're ready," Yura understood as Hanrin nodded.

Hanrin decided not to tell them about everything. She ate in silence as the thought of her friends kept clinging in her mind.

"Yeol, I need to go now," Yura said as Chanyeol accompanied his sister outside.

Hanrin started to explored the house. She stood up and stared to every photos framed there. The boy was everywhere with his sister. She even saw a family photos and a smiled formed.

"That's my parents. Oh how much I miss them," Chanyeol's voice heard as Hanrin jumped in shock.

"Where's your parents?" Hanrin asked.

"They passed away because of the storm in the sea," Chanyeol answered.

"I'm sorry."

"No need to. They will always watch me and my sister from heaven. What about you? Oh yeah, I don't know your name."

"It's Hanrin, Kim Hanrin. My parents- they're in Republic City."

"You came from Republic City?! Oh my! I heard that the city is sooo sparkling and the arena! I always want to go to that arena!" Chanyeol excitedly shouted as Hanrin chuckled.

"My friends are the players in the game. Two of them is the fire bender, Kai and Chen. Sehun is my airbender friend, and there are Luhan, Kyung Soo, and Tao from Ba Sing Se and they're all earth bender."

"Woaah seems good! I love to see them someday!"

"You will."

"So, do you want to going around here? I can show you my favorite place and we can have snacks," Chanyeol said as Hanrin's eyes sparkled upon the word 'snacks'.

"Count me in!" Hanrin exclaimed as they walked outside.

Hanrin amazed by the crowd market as Chanyeol led her to try many delicious foods there.

"Wow!" Hanrin cheered to see the fire bender show near the market.

"I can bend the fire if you want to see," Chanyeol said as Hanrin nodded.

"But not here. I'm quite clumsy and I can burn things," Chanyeol laughed.

They decided to strolling along the beach as Hanrin let the wind breezed through her. She remembered about Sehun and Gogi.

"So, you are an earth bender?" Chanyeol asked as they sat on the sand.

"I am," Hanrin stood up and lifted up the ground with her bending as Chanyeol clapped his hands in amusement.

"That's cool. But that was a bit show off," He teased as Hanrin laughed.

"I also learn to sand bending," Hanrin inhaled the air and lifted her hands, making the sand floated around her.

"Okay so you can bend two elements. What kind of human are...," Chanyeol gasped when he remembered something he learned in school.

"Don't say that you are the ava... Hmph!!" Chanyeol stopped when Hanrin covered his mouth from saying the word


---------------------

Author's Note: Say hello to Chanyeol hehehe, A new book at last.. ^^

Here is a sample of earth bending techniques :)