1.3

Bending The World

Book One
Earth

Bending The Ground

Hanrin opened her eyes and yawned. Another day of work. She got up from her bed and stepped to the living room.

"Mother? Father?" She called but no answer.

She walked towards the dining table and found a piece of paper.

"So they went away and restaurant closed!" Hanrin finally had time to play.

Kai wanted to enter the restaurant unconciously in his sleepy mode as he stunned to see the locked door.

"Eh?" He read the closed sign.

"Kai!"

He turned around to see Hanrin waving at him.

"Don't say that today, the restaurant closed," Kai frowned as Hanrin nodded.

"I want to see you practicing!" Hanrin tugged Kai's shirt as the bo shruged it away.

"So? The restaurant closed," a voice made Hanrin and Kai jumped in shock.

"You're smooth as the air," Kai shivered as he backed away from Sehun who came suddenly.

"Let's go then," Kai led them to a building where he used to practice with the other bending players.

Hanrin and Sehun stunned in awe to see their practice. The earth bender attracted Hanrin's attention. She had the weirdest moment every yesterday. In order to test if it was true or not, she decided to pay attention to all the movements of the earth benders. Sehun quite sad when there's no airbender but he glad to see everyone.

Kai changed his clothes and started practicing with Chen. Their team consists of six persons, Chen and Kai as the fire bender, Shinwoo and Sandeul as the earth bender, and the twins, Kwang Min and Young Min, as the water bender. They all cheerful and welcomed Hanrin also Sehun.

"So I haven't see a true air ball here," Shinwoo said as he looked at Sehun.

"May us see?" Sandeul's eyes sparkled as Sehun nodded.

He went to the center of that big hall and poof! he was now at an air ball swirling as he sat on it.

"Woaah!!" everybody cheered out loud as Sehun started moving around on the air ball.

"It's amazing!" Kwang Min and Young Min put their thumbs up as Sehun blushed.

"So, Hanrin, can you bend?" Sandeul asked playfully.

Hanrin laughed to see his cute eyes," No I'm not a bender."

"Then you can watch us," Shinwoo gave her the direction to the best seat as Hanrin thanked him.

"Actually, yesterday, I could crack the ground. But I'm not sure if I'm the one who did it," Hanrin confessed as the earth bender were getting curious.

"Should we try then?" Shinwoo pointed at the soil coins which was used in the game.

"I don't know the movement," Hanrin said.

"Just try to concentrate and we'll see," Shinwoo assured her.

Hanrin stood across the coins and inhaled deep. She clunched her fist and put it up quickly to the coins.

"What the heck!" Kai shouted as Sehun's jaw hung open.

One coin was now floating as Hanrin shocked and put it down.

"You say you aren't a bender!" Kai blurted out.

"The last time I checked, I'm not a bender," Hanrin repeated him.

"Wow. So, you can bend the earth," Chen shocked too.

"I know this is crazy, but you're not normal," Kai said.

"Hey I can crack the ground," Hanrin defended herself.

"The weird thing is, you can bend an element when you live in normal people's place," Sehun said as he eyed her.

"Your father rarely use his bending right?" Kai asked Sehun who nodded.

"Guys," Shinwoo spoke up as everyone drowned in shock.

"You should learn how to use that," Kwang Min said as Young Min nodded.

"And I know the person who could train you well," Chen smiled.

"Who?"

"The real earth bender from Ba Sing Se. The guys you met yesterday," Chen explained.

"Well that will be good," Hanrin replied.

***

"What did I got myself into?" Hanrin stopped when she reached Chen's house and stared at the wooden door.

She knocked the door just to find a doe-eyes who she met at the restaurant with his widened eyes, staring at her in shock. It was just seconds when Hanrin realized...

He's shirtless...

"GYAAA!" Hanrin turned around and the doe-eyes boy stormed to wear a proper shirt.

"What happened? Oh Hanrin," Chen greeted as he stared at both Kyung Soo and Hanrin.

"I'm sorry," Kyung Soo said to Hanrin as he blushed.

"Its-it's fine but don't do it again," Hanrin laughed to see Kyung Soo's flushed cheeks.

"So this is the one who you talked about," a tall man with panda eyes made Hanrin stepped back, intimidated with his presence.

"Well hello then," another man with pretty beautiful face came as Hanrin's jaw hung open to see such a beauty from a man.

Chen led them to sit together as Kyung Soo helped with serving five cups of tea.

"So Chen asked me to teach you earth bending," Luhan smiled as Hanrin nodded.

"Okay the first lesson will start this evening," Tao decided.

"Is there any empty field here?" Kyung Soo asked to Chen.

"How about a field near your home?" Chen asked to Hanrin.

"Okay. I will lead the way," Hanrin said as they all stood up and Hanrin walked first with Tao and Chen.

"She can bend," Kyung Soo whispered to Luhan.

"If she can develop fast, unhumanly fast, then we can conclude her as the avatar," Luhan said as Kyung Soo agreed.

"The water searcher will find her too," Kyung Soo added.

"They will. But she should master the earth first. She lives among the earth bender so it's her nature to quickly master it," Luhan predicted.

"Here we are," Hanrin said as she pointed at the empty field.

"So where's your house?" Tao asked as Hanrin pointed an alley.

"Ok. We shall begin," Luhan walked to the center of the field.

Hanrin gasped to see Luhan doing some basic movements like Shinwoo and Sandeul did before.

"Earth is strong, but calm and wise at the same time," Luhan explained as he floated some soil blocks and kicked it away smoothly.

"It can be like this," Luhan stepped down onto the ground and it cracked along the way he slide to the other side, like a boat moving on the water.

"But be careful or you can make people fly," Luhan stepped once again and the ground right under Tao threw him up to the sky like a spring.

"Tao!" Hanrin shouted but Tao already landed safely onto the ground.

"You can also kill someone like this," Luhan pull the soil blocks from the ground and trapped Kyung Soo in it just like someone in the standing coffin.

Kyung Soo threw the blocks away with his bending and Luhan gladly moved aside to avoid it.

"You're all great!" Chen exclaimed as he applaused.

Hanrin shocked to see all the techniques but she tried to keep herself calm.

"Now we shall begin with the basic movement," Luhan said as he motioned Hanrin to follow his movements.

"Feel the earth inside your heart. Let the power flew in you," Luhan suggested as Hanrin tried to concentrate.

Hanrin finally memorized the basic movement and tried to control the earth. She made it by floating some blocks and kicked it away.

"You are still powerless," Tao said as Hanrin frowned.

"But you're quite a fast learner," Luhan added and Hanrin grinned thankfully.

"Okay so may I join you guys?" Chen prepared his flames.

"Oh a battle?" Tao's eyes sparkled as he protected himself with the soil blocks when Chen's fire almost burned him.

They fought together, threw their bending to each other. Tao covered well and sometimes he could punch Chen with the blocks while Chen attacked efficiently with his rapid movements while shooting fire.

"Should I try to you too?" Chen threw a big fire directly to Hanrin suddenly.

Hanrin automatically pulled the soil to protect her like a shield. She cracked the shield into blocks and threw it to Chen.

"I-I can do it!" Hanrin jumped in happiness as Kyung Soo's jaw hung open to see her defence.

"Is she the one?" Kyung Soo murmured to Luhan as the older eyed her.