1.4

Bending The World

Book One
Earth
Uncover The Destiny

"Great for the first day," Luhan ended the practice as Hanrin slumped onto the field in complete mess because of the tension.

"Okay I'm deadly tired," Hanrin tried to get up and got back home weakly.

Suddenly a couple made her stunned as well as the others. Her parents came to her with unreadable expression.

"Do you just bend the earth?" Her father asked sternly as Hanrin nodded in fear.

Her father sighed and went to the house. Her mother almost cried but she smiled to the boys in front of her.

"Thank you for training her, gentlemen," Her mother said as she led Hanrin to their home.

Kyung Soo saw the expression and shocked. Chen recognized and his mind started to swirling around. Luhan knew something must made them worried and Tao, okay, he didn't care much but still stared at everyone.

Both of her parents are sad.

***

Kyung Soo entered the bathroom and let the water rinse his body. He thought about everything happened today. He remembered when Hanrin was great in memorizing everything and he even needed weeks to remember all the basic movements. He wasn't strong that time. But as the life went on, he's one of the best bender. He kept searching about his metal bending side but never found it. Tao already developed his skill in metal bending and he admitted that he was jealous. But still, everyone got their special skill.

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked as Kyung Soo dried his hair.

"Yeah I am."

"She develops fast," Chen concluded as he put the home-made dinner made by Kyung Soo who surprisingly had the skill to cook.

"This is delicious," Tao said as he wanted to take a bite but his hand slapped by Kyung Soo.

"Let the older eat first," Kyung Soo said as Tao pouted.

"Thanks for the food," Luhan said as he began to eat.

"Luckly I don't have to cook, I can burn the kitchen down if I do it," Chen joked as Kyung Soo smiled.

"Don't you see their expression?" Tao started to remember about that moment.

"They were surprisingly sad," Kyung Soo added.

"But why? Their child is a bender and it is good," Chen frowned.

"We still can't decide about the meaning of those expression. We should wait," Luhan concluded as everyone agreed.

***

Tao opened his eyes and got up from the bed. It was an early morning as he took his towel and decided to take a warm bath. He wore his usual clothes, opened the front door and stepped outside. The city hadn't awake yet. It's still silent and empty along the way. Suddenly he felt something embraced him from behind. A chain tied his hand forcefully. He snapped it and turned it to his weapon by cutted it off.

"Good reflects," a sound made Tao shocked to see a man walked towards him in metal clothes.

"Who are you?" Tao held the chain and prepared to attack.

"You can get sue if you attack the police chief who are patrolling in his early morning schedule," The man laughed as Tao dropped his guard. "Glad to see a metal bender in this early morning. I haven't see you around. Who are you?"

"I come from Ba Sing Se, my name is Huang Zi Tao," Tao introduced himself properly after he knew that this man was an chief officer.

"Oh I thought I feel something and it's you!" Chen ran towards them. "Hi Yifan!" He greeted cheerfully.

"Hi to you too, Chen," Yifan answered casually. "What a good bender you have here," he continued as he glanced at Tao.

"Yes he comes from Ba Sing Se and he is expert in metal bending," Chen explained.

"Then you can take the audition," Yifan said.

"What audition?" Tao asked to Chen who smiled to see his innocent face.

"It's an audition to become a police officer. You can wear something like that too," Chen pointed at Yifan's metal shield clothes as Tao's eyes sparkled.

"That will be great!" Tao exclaimed as Kyung Soo's sound echoed them that breakfast was ready.

"Come and eat with us," Chen suggested.

"Unfortunately I can't. Need to finish this and that," Yifan answered.

"Okay see you later then," Chen smiled and gave Yifan a brotherly hug.

"I shall see you in the lines," Yifan said as Tao nodded eagerly.

"He's charming, isn't he?" Chen asked as they walked inside the house.

"What is it Chen?" Luhan asked as he sat onto the chair.

"Wait until your brother become the most talented police officer here," Chen asked as Kyung Soo and Luhan's jaw hung open.

Chen gladly explained as Luhan smiled and patted Tao's head happily. Tao was glad to see Luhan wanted to see him in those metal clothes and Kyung Soo gladly supported him.

"Should we contact Hanrin again?" Kyung Soo's question made Luhan finally remember about it.

"We can give her the simplest test," Tao offered.

"Give her some things from the last avatar and see if she remember one of it," Luhan said as Chen choked.

"But it's in south pole. Avatar Korra's belongings are now stored in the south pole," Chen said as he knew about Korra's legend.

"We should train her first and brought her to Ba Sing Se," Luhan concluded.

***

"They are the searcher," A female voice echoed as Hanrin stopped near her parents room.

"They found her. It just a matter of time," Her father sighed.

"What time?!" Hanrin barged in as her parents shocked to see her there.

"Explain it to me!" she continued sternly.

"We shall go to the dining room and we will explain," Her father said as Hanrin walked first to the dining room and sat on the chair.

"In the past, you were a cheerful kid who liked to play with others. But you were strong, too strong to compare," Her mother started to talk.

"Actually, you are a bender," Her father continued as Hanrin's jaw hung open. "But we supressed your bending. A blood bender helped us to do it."

"Why?" Hanrin's question made her parents found it hard to explain.

"Because, because you are the avatar," Her mother's answer made Hanrin's eyes widened and she stormed outside.

She didn't care of everything around her and kept running to nowhere. Hanrin bumped into someone as the person hold her before she fell apart.

"Are you okay?" A man's voice made Hanrin gained her conciouness and kept crying.

"Han-rin?" Kyung Soo stared at the girl as Hanrin sobbed. "Are you okay?"

Kyung Soo quickly led her to somewhere quiet as she tried to stop crying but her tears kept flowing on her cheeks. Kyung Soo stayed beside her and waited until she stopped.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, but, what happened?" Kyung Soo asked softly.

"This is crazy," Hanrin said as she tried to talk.

"It's cold here. Let me take you to Chen hyung's home," Kyung Soo stopped her as he helped Hanrin to get up.

Luhan was the one who opened the door and shocked to see Hanrin. Kyung Soo motioned him not to say a word as he led Hanrin to sit. Chen who wanted to greet her stunned to see her in tears. Tao who just took a bath and dried his hair confused to see Hanrin there.

"Go make her a glass of tea," Luhan whispered to Chen as the younger nodded and stormed to the kitchen.

"What happened?" Tao was the one who broke the silence.

"My parents-My parents said that I'm the avatar," Hanrin answered as everyone gasped in shock.