1.11

Bending The World

Book One
Earth
A New Quest

"WHAT? How come that happen?" Luhan asked in disbelief as Sehun tried to calm him down.

Kyung Soo shocked to hear it but found no way to search for her now. They weakly walked to the palace's shelter to take Gogi.

"Morning guys. Uh? Is there something wrong?" Kibum saw a gloomy yet worry atmosphere in front of him when they came inside.

"Our friend, Hanrin, is missing," Kai said as Kibum's eyes widened.

"So that's why I found something strange on Gogi," Kibm said as they stared at him wide eyed.

"What do you mean by that?" Chen asked as Kibum took a pile of wood and gave it to Tao.

King ---> evil

"Look," Kyung Soo said as they at last believed him.

"We need to search for her," Luhan said.

"But where is she?" Kai added.

"Maybe she's coming back to Republic City," Sehun said as he climbed to Gogi.

"Let's go back then," Chen said as they all hopped onto Gogi.

"Gogi! Yip yip!" Sehun said as Gogi started to fly, leaving them waving at Kibum.

***

"Xiumin! You got a telegram," A male voice said as Xiumin stunned for seconds.

"What?" Xiumin ran to see it as the man handed him a paper.

I need you here in Republic City. Something is wrong with the spirit. Yifan.

"Yifan?" Xiumin said as his eyes widened and he ran to his home also packed his belongings.

"Where are you going ge?" Ruby, her little sister asked.

"I'm going away for a while okay. Please tell mom. I will go back soon after I finish ev erything. Can I count on you?" Xiumin said as Ruby nodded.

Xiumin took his bag and ran to the nearest beach there.

"Gonna be a long journey," Xiumin froze the sea and started to slide with the waves.

***

Yifan sighed at the reports spreaded on his table. The spirit were out of control. He even made a barricade to protect the people that evening in case the spirit return again.

"Sir, someone wants to meet you," Taemin said.

"Who?"

"Water bender."

Yifan's eyes sparkled as he stared at someone who came inside.

"Glad you came, Minseok," Yifan said as Xiumin smiled.

"Xiumin, please. And I'm older than you," Xiumin said as Yifan laughed.

"Okay let's get to the matter."

"I see," Xiumin examined the files on Yifan's table.

"I believe that you can help me."

"Take me to the spirit and I'll calm them down."

"Xiumin hyung, do you somehow know about avatar?" Yifan asked as Xiumin's eyes widened.

"Maybe. But I heard that the avatar has return."

"Yes. I do want to see him or her."

"A woman? Like Korra?" Xiumin asked after Yifan said 'her'.

"A woman like her must be tough."

"I predicted that someone doesn't like the fact that avatar return because hell, the spirit ate the angriness and becoming like this," Xiumin analyzed as Yifan's eyes widened.

"Oh my. I forgot about that. So, isn't it mean that a person who  angry is really here? Near here?" Yifan realized and found a light in the dark.

"I guess that will do."

"We should search about this soon," Yifan said as Xiumin nodded.

Yifan locked his room and Xiumin followed him outside to a place where he kept the spirit locked.

"So many of them," Xiumin amazed by the behavior of the wild dark spirit.

"Glad that they'll still lock up in there."

Xiumin stepped closer and calmed himself down. Yifan amazed when Xiumin bended the water up and lingered the water around the spirit. Suddenly a light crawled onto the water as Yifan left his jaw hung open to see the spirit calmed down. Then it changed into a gold one as the light from the water went up. Xiumin swirled his hand calmly until the spirit spaced out and walked away just to vanish within the air.

"Wow! That's the best way every to calm down a spirit. I'm not a water bender for sure," Yifan commented.

"Glad to use this at last. I hope the spirit will come down soon," Xiumin started to calm the other spirit again.

"I hope so," Yifan replied.

***

"When will we arrive?" Kai asked as Chen frowned.

"Kai, that's the twentieth same question from your mouth. Say that again and I will burn you down," Chen answered as Kai pouted.

"We almost there," Sehun announced as they stared ahead.

They flied two days straight and only stopped on the night and went early in the morning.

"We are here!!" Tao shouted as he pointed at the ships that sailed from Republic City Harbour.

"We need to meet Yifan," Chen said as Luhan nodded.

Sehun told Gogi to went to his home. They cleaned themselves fast and Chen quickly led them to Yifan's office.

"We need to see the chief," Chen said to Taemin.

"The chief is in the spirit craddle," Taemin said as they gasped.

"So there are many spirit attack in this city?" Luhan questioned as Taemin nodded.

"Where is the craddle?" Kyung Soo asked and Taemin told them where it is.

They went straight to the craddle and stunned to see something sparkled in gold and vanished into the air.

"Yifan hyung!" Chen called as Yifan turned to see them.

"Chen? Why are you here?" He asked as he stared at the earth benders and Tao took his attention.

"We meet again," Tao said as Luhan greeted Yifan.

"What is that?" Sehun referred to the gold spirit.

"Let me introduce you to someone," Yifan motioned Xiumin to come. "This is Xiumin, he's a water bender from the south."

"Well hello there," Xiumin greeted them politely.

"Are you the one who turn the spirit into the gold form?" Kai asked as Xiumin chuckled.

"I calm down the spirit with my water bending," Xiumin gladly explained.

"That's cool," Chen commented.

"Can we see it again?" Luhan requested as Xiumin nodded.

Xiumin did what they wanted to see and their eyes sparkled in awe. Even Yifan who saw it more than once couldn't help to cheer along with the first watcher.

"Actually, why are you here?" Yifan suddenly remembered.

"We need to talk to you," Luhan said seriously.

"Okay we can go to my office and discuss it. Xiumin hyung, will you come with us?"

"I guess today is enough and the spirit won't be angry again," Xiumin followed them to Yifan's office.

"So, what's all about?" Yifan said as they sat accross each other.

"Ehm.. First.. I want to say that we find someone," Chen began.

"And she's our friend and... and her parents said that she's the avatar," Kai continued as Yifan and Xiumin's eyes widened.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" Yifan said as Xiumin signalled him to behave.

"So, can you explain to us from the beginning?" Xiumin asked calmly.

"Her name is Kim Hanrin. She's our friend since we're kids. But we didn't know her past and just met when she moved here from Ba Sing Se. Everything went fine until she told us that her parents said, she's the avatar. Her parents supressed her bending with the help of a blood bender," Sehun explained.

"But that night I found her ran away from home, crying and brought her to Chen's home. She told us that she's the avatar and Luhan hyung decided to train her," Kyung Soo continued.

"We brought her back to Ba Sing Se in order to meet her with the finest teacher. But...," Tao stopped as he looked at Luhan, unable to continue.

"The king accepted us well. Hanrin decided to stay here for three days and probably trained well. We wanted to visit her on her third day but when we arrived at the palace and asked about her. She was missing," Luhan said as Yifan's eyes widened in shock.

"We wanted to go back here and got Gogi. We found something interesting carved on an old wood and attached to Gogi's body," Kai added as Chen was ready to say the most fragile part of this all.

"The note said, that the king was the one who wanted to ground her. That's why she ran away. Until know, we don't know where she is and it's worrying," Chen ended their story as Yifan growled in frustation and Xiumin tried to absorb the important information.

"Don't worry. You guys did the right thing for bringing her to meet the finest teacher and glad that she escaped from the king's evil plan, whatever it is," Xiumin encouraged them.

"How can we search for her?" Kyung Soo asked as Yifan tried to think.

"I will send telegraphs to all the chief in their nation and we'll see what we will get. You guys and my man can search in Republic City," Yifan said as they agreed.

"Hope we can find her soon," Kyung Soo said as they all nodded in agreement.

-----

Be ready for the next book everyone hehehe, guess what book is next ^^
Oh if you confuse on my explanation about calming the spirit...
It look like this

The spirit will turn gold and walked calmly also vanished into the air :)
Its from the Legend Of Korra scene when Unalaq calmed a spirit with his bending ^^