2.2

Bending The World

Owah sorry for the late update, I'm having my semester test for two weeks and I must pass all the subjects..
So, I'm sorry if it takes longer time to update :(
Happy reading and thank you for staying with me ^^

 

Book Two
Fire
A Wise Choice

***

"Stop saying that," Hanrin said as Chanyeol nodded and Hanrin let go of him.

"Can you bend fire too?" Chanyeol asked innocently.

"I can't. I just learn how to earth and sand bending and I guess I still need to learn more," Hanrin sat on the sand.

"Now let me show you the fire!" Chanyeol stood up.

Chanyeol punched his fist ahead and a fire came out as Hanrin amazed to see it closely. He continued punching each fist as the fire burn.

"Feel the fire side in you," Chanyeol did a flying kick as the fire went out from his leg, following his motion.

"Wow you just danced with fire," Hanrin said as Chanyeol grinned.

"Now you can try. Punch!" Chanyeol winked as Hanrin stood up.

Hanrin clenched his finger and punch ahead.

Woosh!!

Chanyeol threw himself back when a big fire came out from Hanrin.

"Great!" He said as he felt something itched on his hand.

"Chanyeol!" Hanrin ran to see Chanyeol's hand which burned because of Hanrin's fire.

"I'm sorry," Hanrin quickly said. "Let's go to your home. I will take care of it."

"You got a big fire. Better learn to control that. Woah you are truly the avatar!"

"I don't want to do it clumsily again like that. I burned you," Hanrin sadly replied.

"It's okay Hanrin," Chanyeol said as they arrived at Chanyeol's home.

"Chanyeol!" Jonghyun came to them as he gasped to see Hanrin.

"So you're awake!" He greeted.

"Her name is Hanrin," Chanyeol said as Jonghyun shook hands with Hanrin.

"My name is Jonghyun. Nice to see you. By the way, Yeol, what happen with your left hand?"

"Burned. I'm being clumsy again," Chanyeol said as Hanrin sighed in relief because Chanyeol decided to hide Hanrin's true identity.

"Have you heard?" Jonghyun suddenly asked.

"Is there anything new?" Chanyeol asked.

"The chief announced a search of the avatar. She is missing and all the nation is now looking for her," Jonghyun said as Chanyeol coughed and Hanrin's eyes widened.

"How do you know that the avatar is a girl?" Hanrin asked.

"The chief said it. They will attached the poster today," Jonghyun answered.

"Thanks for the info then. We should search for her," Chanyeol said calmly as Hanrin wiped the warm water on his wound to clean it.

"I better go search to while working. Get well soon, Yeol and thank you for taking care of him, Hanrin," Jonghyun said as he walked outside, didn't feeling anything towards Hanrin who came out from nowhere.

"Glad he didn't notice you," Chanyeol turned to Hanrin.

"Thanks for hiding my identity. Why did you do that anyway?"

"You seem like you don't want to be found so I should hide your trueself," Chanyeol answered.

"But they will find me soon. I'm kinda afraid of that," Hanrin admitted.

"How if the one who search for you are the good guys? You know you have friends in Republic City. Maybe the message to all the nations came from Republic City," He said as Hanrin bandaged his hand.

"I hope so," Hanrin murmured.

"Where do you want to go?" Chanyeol asked.

"I don't know. Maybe return to Republic City."

"Then I'll accompany you."

"You don't need to."

"I got ship," Chanyeol offered.

"I-I guess I can take that offer," Hanrin smiled sheepishly.

"Serves the avatar right," Chanyeol laughed.

***

"It's been four days since her escaped but you can't find anything?!" The King bragged as the guards kept their head down.

"Your majesty! Someone is looking for her too!" the guard came inside.

"Who?"

"The chief in Republic City."

"We need to find her before this guy!" The king said as the guard bowed and went to search again for her.

***

"I'm gonna die because of worrying!" Kai rolled to the other side of Chen's bed.

"Yaaah! Go away you are crushing me!" Chen growled as he pushed Kai aside.

"It's been four days and counting," Luhan said as he sat on the bed.

"Is Kyung Soo okay?" Sehun asked as Tao shook his head after seeing Kyung Soo in their room.

"Unstable. His feelings is somehow better and maybe Hanrin's alright," Tao said as Luhan frowned.

***

"Now I need explanation," Yura sternly said as she stared at Chanyeol and Hanrin  who sat accross her.

"Who are you actually?" Yura said as Hanrin gulped. "I saw every poster in the nation this four days and it showed that they're searching for you. I want to hear it from you."

"Nuna, don't be so hard on her," Chanyeol whined as Yura soften a little.

"Fine, tell us everything then," Yura sat calmly as Hanrin started to tell her story.

"My parents told me that I'm the avatar. They supressed my bending and I can't even bend my own element. I met a good earth benders as teacher and agreed to go to Ba Sing Se. But the king got an evil plan to ground me down so I ran away and stranded here," Hanrin said within a full speech without any breaks.

"I taught her the basic movements," Chanyeol grinned as Yura's jaw hung open.

"Oh my it's an honour to actually meet the avatar," Yura said as Hanrin lowed her head.

"Uhh please don't call me that. I am not ready to be an avatar," She confessed as Yura nodded.

"Okay so what's your plan? They will find you soon," Yura asked.

"I don't know what to do. People are searching on me but I'm afraid that they're the bad guys from Ba Sing Se," Hanrin answered.

"I'm getting confuse too," Yura finally said.

"Yura! Chanyeol!" Jonghyun came inside and spotted Hanrin who sat beside Chanyeol.

"You! You are the avatar!" Jonghyun pointed as Yura pulled him inside and closed his mouth.

"Stop yelling, you fool!" Yura said as Jonghyun's breath almost stopped because she's too powerful.

Jonghyun struggled as Chanyeol quickly closed the door and locked it.

"She don't want to be found so stop it!" Yura said as someone knocked the door.

Yura pulled Hanrin to enter her room and waited there. Chanyeol decided to open the door.

"Good afternoon," a guard greeted as Chanyeol smiled.

"Is there anything wrong?" Chanyeol asked.

"I heard someone shouting about avatar. Can we search in this house?" Another guard said as Chanyeol glanced at Yura.

"You can," Yura finally said because preventing the guards would only make it worse.

Jonghyun shocked to see the guards inside the house. He kept moving rapidly nervous as Chanyeol tried to calm him down.

"Do you know something?" One of the guard approached Jonghyun who stunned.

"Don't!" Chanyeol shouted before Jonghyun almost said it.

"You have something hidden from us. Guys! Search for it!" The guard said Chanyeol's hand grabbed by the guard before he could bend.

"Don't touch me," Yura said as the guard let her go.

"Someone's in there!" The guard said.

"Stop hurting them. I'm coming with you," A voice heard as someone came out from the room.

"She's the avatar!" a guard quickly recognized her.

"Let them go! I will come without fight but let them go," Hanrin said as the guard let go of Yura, Chanyeol, and Jonghyun.

"Hanrin," Chanyeol called.

"I will be fine. Thanks for teaching me," Hanrin smiled as she went with the guards around her.

***

"Kyung Soo?" Luhan stepped inside Chen's bedroom as the younger turned to face him. "Are you okay?"

"Something is happening. My hands are trembling. Hanrin isn't safe somewhere," Kyung Soo said as Luhan hold his hands and tried to ease the pain.

"Your connection to her is too strong," Luhan concluded.

Tao came in and hugged Kyung Soo too. Chen decided to make him a cup of warm tea while Kai and Sehun wanted to ask Yifan about the latest news.

"We will inform you soon," Kai said before him and Sehun headed to Yifan's office near the middle of the city.

The younger boys shocked to see people started to run hysterically around the market as they stunned to see a big dark spirit there. They also spotted Xiumin who ran to calm down the spirit as Yifan and the police saved the people.

"Let's go help," Sehun swirled the air to form a ball and he slided there.

Kai decided to attract the spirit so the spirit wouldn't move much when Xiumin calmed them. Luckily, Xiumin did well and Yifan could breath again.

"So, thanks for the help but what are you doing here?" Yifan asked after he saw Kai and Sehun.

"Any progress on Hanrin?" Kai asked.

"Unfortunately not. Not yet," Yifan said as the youngers nodded.

"Hope she'll be safe. People will hunt her down. Especially if she can't bend anything," Xiumin asked.

"Why they try to vanish Hanrin?" Kai frowned.

"The leader in every nation, including in this city I guess, don't want their role to be taken by the avatar. They afraid that people will worship the avatar more than them," Xiumin explained.

"That's such a very lame reason," Sehun commented.

"We're all humans anyway," Yifan said.

Kai and Sehun decided to go back and told everyone about the spirit who destroyed the market, again.

"I'm afraid," Kyung Soo kept saying as they stared worriedly at him.