1.5

Bending The World

Book One
Earth
Imbalance

"Where is she?" Mrs. Kim desperately walking around with his husband to search for Hanrin.

"Let's go home. She'll be fine," Mr. Kim finally surrender as he led his wife back to the house.

"But she's out there alone," Mrs. Kim nearly cried.

"I will search for her and you stay here," Mr. Kim decided as he walked outside the house.

***

"So it's true," Luhan sighed as Kyung Soo's eyes widened.

"Woah!" Tao applaused happily.

"So you guys know?!" Hanrin asked cynically.

"It's not what you think. We just predicted," Chen smiled.

"How can you?" the confuse girl asked again.

"Your ability to bend smoothly is fast. You are a fast learner," Kyung Soo at last could speak.

"You should go home," Luhan said.

"I should," Hanrin stood up as Kyung Soo offered to accompany her home.

They both walked in the night in silence. Kyung Soo shocked because it was really true that he can felt the avatar's aura all this time.

"Hanrin?" a voice made Hanrin ran and hugged her father.

"Mr. Kim, good night," Kyung Soo greeted politely.

"What did you do to my daughter?" Mr. Kim asked sternly.

"No father. He was the one who found me and kept me save," Hanrin quickly explained.

"I'm sorry. I'm just worry about you," Mr. Kim sighed.

"It's fine, sir. I need to go back home. See you later," Kyung Soo excused himself as Mr. Kim said thank you.

"So you already know," Mr. Kim turned to Hanrin.

"But father, I can't even bend the earth and three other elements. How can I be an avatar?"

"You can do it in time girl."

"I hope so, father."

"The searcher will find and train you, just like they did. They're one of the best trainer because they're from Ba Sing Se, your hometown. But today, your safety is one of my concern. The world already revealed its avatar and there must be someone who don't like it at all."

Hanrin gulped to imagine people hunting her down because she's the avatar. She needed to grow stronger in order to balance the world.

***

"Is she okay?" Luhan asked as Kyung Soo nodded.

"She must train with the finest teacher," Tao suggested.

"We must take her to Ba Sing Se," Kyung Soo said as Luhan nodded.

***

Hanrin wiped the table that day and cleaned it in silence. She still couldn't sleep because of everything that happened.

"Are you okay?" Kai asked as he came to Hanrin.

"I need to tell you guys something. But after this," Hanrin said as Sehun and Kai nodded.

They finally have the break time as Sehun and Kai stared at each other in confuse about Hanrin's weird behavior.

"I want you two to listen on this carefully. But don't scream, don't choke me, and don't even burn and fly me up with your bending."

"What is it actually?" Kai didn't have any patience left while Sehun nodded calmly.

"My father said that-that I'm the avatar."

"WHAT?!" Kai shouted as he almost burned one table near them.

Sehun's eyes widened as he tried to calm himself. Being an airbender made his emotion stable.

"Are you sure about that?" Sehun finally opened his mouth to speak.

"My parents said that I can bend in my childhood but they supressed my bending," Hanrin explained.

"The effect is going away," Kai realized. "So, what are gonna do?"

"Should I go and train?" Hanrin asked.

"Of course you must. Something must be going on if the world already reveal the avatar. I can't believe it's you," Sehun answered.

"You must master the earth bending first," Kai added.

"I already had the trainers."

"Those boys that we met before?" Kai asked as Hanrin nodded.

"You should learn from the master," Sehun suggested. "You should return to Ba Sing Se and find someone who can teach you well."

"But my parents..."

"They will let you go."

"You must talk about this to them," Kai assured her.

"I will. Thanks guys," Hanrin smiled as Kai and Sehun hugged her.

***

"So, what should we do to make her come with us?" Tao said as they gathered in the dining room.

"We met her parents before and we must talk about this soon," Chen agreed.

"How about tomorrow?" Kyung Soo suggested.

"That will be good," Luhan answered.

"But how do we get there? Walk?" Tao's question made them frowned.

"It was a long journey before but we made it," Luhan said.

"Okay, we can walk there, and rest in a tent. Guess what, you guys can train her along the way," Chen's idea made Luhan couldn't agree more.

"So we ask her parents tomorrow after they close the restaurant," Kyung Soo finalized the plan.

***

Hanrin opened her eyes that night and tried to open her eyes. She knew that it was midnight because the moonlight glowed in her bathroom. Suddenly she felt the cold breeze in her room. The same coldness when she saw a spirit. She jumped from her bed and looked to the window.

She gasped in shock to see a blue shadow in front of the window.

That bunny spirit was back.

"What do you want from me?" Hanrin asked as she stayed alert to its movement.

The bunny spirit turned to the window and flew above. Hanrin followed the spirit and stunned to see the sky.

"Dark form spirits," She whispered as she stared at the sky which fulled of spirit in their dark form and black body flew to every direction.

She decided to close the window and forced herself to sleep. But at last she awoke for the rest of the night. Her mind wander if the spirit wanted to tell her something but she didn't get the message. Sunshine slowly filled her room through the window and Hanrin pouted because her lack of sleep.

"Hanrin? Let's go to the restaurant," Her mother said as Hanrin moved herself to the bathroom.

She was confused about everything. Why it must be her? But it wasn't certain because she didn't bend water, fire, or even air yet and she didn't know if she could do it or not.

"Watch out," a voice heard as Hanrin felt someone hold her shoulder and turned her around to the opposite direction.

"Sehun?"

"You almost hit the door," Sehun worriedly said.

"Be careful, clumsy girl," Kai showed up as he saw the moment too.

"Are you okay?" Sehun asked and Hanrin just nodded.

They entered the restaurant and did the usual job. Kai and Sehun stared at Hanrin who seemed thinking all the time.

"You can take a break," Her mother suggested as Hanrin wanted to shook her head but someone hold her wrist.

"Let's go for a walk!" Kai pulled Hanrin as he said goodbye to Hanrin's mother.

Sehun quickly trailed behind them as they walked together to the street market. Kai kept making lame jokes as Hanrin laughed a little but Sehun rolled his eyes.

"Kai!" a voice made him turned around.

"Chen hyung," Kai greeted as he hugged him.

"Hello Sehun!" Chen turned to Sehun as the younger greeted him. "Hanrin, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Hanrin glanced at the three boys near a stall.

"Taking a walk huh?" Kai looked at Luhan, Kyung Soo, and Tao who were staring at all the stalls.

"Oh. Hello," Luhan realized and came to meet Kai, Sehun, and Hanrin.

"Are you okay, Hanrin?" Kyung Soo softly asked as Hanrin nodded.

"Are your parents in the restaurant?" Tao asked.

"Yeah, they're there," Hanrin answered.

"Fine then. We gotta go, bye everyone!" Chen waved goodbye as his friends smiled and waved goodbye too.

"We are worrying about you," Sehun honestly said as Hanrin's eyes widened.

"I'm just confuse about everything."

"You will be fi..."

"AAAA!"

They shocked to hear the scream as people started to run hysterically to everywhere as something crushed all the stalls into pieces.

"Dark spirit!!" one of them made they ran to see it.

They saw a spirit in its black form, shaped like a huge black cat, crushing all the stalls like crazy. It eyes sparkled in red like it's angry.