1.8

Bending The World

Book One
Earth
The Reason

Hanrin's eyes widened. She was afraid. So afraid of the dark spirit after one got her spaced out like a zombie.

"Protect Hanrin. We will distract it away," Luhan slided fast onto the ground to the spirit as Tao, Kyung Soo, and Chen followed. Kai and Sehun stood in front of Hanrin who still stunned.

"Go behind Gogi," Sehun ordered as Hanrin ran to hide behind the huge bison.

Luhan and the others struggled to deal with the dark spirit. It seemed stronger and angrier than ever.

"What should we do?!" Tao started to feel tired.

"Trapped him like you did before!" Sehun shouted from afar as Luhan nodded.

He took his position and concentrate. He successfully wrapped the spirit in the soil ball and Tao also Kyung Soo gladly helped him to kick it away. Far from there.

"It's safe," Kai said as Hanrin ran to see if they were alright or not.

"Argh," Chen frowned to see his bleeding arm as Hanrin jumped onto Gogi to get the first aid kit.

"You have wounds everywhere," Sehun stared worriedly at Kyung Soo, Luhan, and Tao.

"We're okay. He got the bad one," Tao said as they turned to see Hanrin cleaned the blood from Chen's deep wound and treated it slowly.

"It hurts," Chen bit his lip as he tried to not cry.

"Thanks for protecting me then," Hanrin said.

"It's my duty anyway. If we stick with you here, it's all destined. We are destined to meet," Chen turned to everyone as they nodded.

"Thank you," That was the words that Hanrin could say.

They had a good night sleep after that excluded Hanrin who stared at the starry sky and thought about everything.

"Why the dark spirit always come near me?" She murmured in silence.

***

"Something isn't right!" a man knocked onto the table, hard that the table was now cracked. "This is the fifth dark spirit attack in two weeks! We need to get this to higher level of investigation."

"Agree, sir!" a younger man replied.

"Taemin, can you call Jinki for me? Tell him to meet me at the city library even if he's not working there now. If he's there tell him that I will come," Yifan asked as Taemin nodded and left the room for a while.

"Jinki hyung said that he'll wait for you there," Taemin popped his head into Yifan's room.

"Thanks then," Yifan took his coat and walked to the city library.

It was just a simple building with beige painting and hard wooden door. Yifan opened the door slowly to avoid any noise. It was a library after all. He walked to a supernatural books corner where Jinki usually drowned himself in books about powers or bends.

"Jinki," Yifan called as Jinki looked up to see the police chief of Republic City.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Jinki smiled as Yifan sat on a chair accross him.

"You know what I'm going to talk about."

"Oh about the spirit. You know that spirit born and act according to atmosphere around them. If you're angry, then they will turned to their dark form."

"So someone out there is angry and use the spirit as his warriors?"

"But why is he angry?" Jinki tested Yifan as the taller man frowned because he didn't like this kind of lesson.

"I don't know," He finally answered.

"Maybe the world want to show something."

"What is that something?" Yifan started to feel impatient.

"Do you know someone who can balance the world?" Jinki's question made Yifan's eyes widened.

"Avatar," He whispered as Jinki nodded.

"Someone found the avatar. After a hundred years, the avatar showed up again and another someone doesn't like it at all."

"We should find the avatar too. Where does he or she come from? Earth bender? Water?"

"I guess it's earth."

"Okay."

"Be careful Yifan. They will find out that you search for the avatar too."

"I will. Thank you so much, Jinki."

"Same here. I hope we can meet the avatar soon."

"I hope so. But I can't leave the city, I will tell someone to help me," Yifan said as Jinki understood.

They ended the discussion and Yifan went out from the library right before something started to make a mess again.

"Oh my," He almost cursed as he ran to the president's building as he saw a dark spirit started to barge again.

***

Hanrin opened her eyes and started to examine everyone's condition in their sleep. Chen's wound was almost heal and she sighed in relieve.

"Morning," Kai who woke unusually early that morning made Hanrin shocked.

"Last time I check, you are the heaviest sleeper on earth," Hanrin said as Kai laughed.

"I don't feel any mood to sleep. Everything that happen make me feel somehow strange," Kai said as he sat and wiped his face with water from the river.

"Me too, Kai. I feel something is going to happen and it's bad," Hanrin said as she felt her heart clunched.

"Morning!" Chen woke up and jumped to the river and Kai frowned because he was all wet but at last he joined Chen.

"Yaah! You can catch a cold!" Kyung Soo shouted as the both laughed.

"We have Sehun to dry them," Tao chuckled as Sehun agreed and they ran to join Chen and Kai too.

"Let's go too!" Luhan pulled Kyung Soo as Kyung Soo's hand automatically grabbed Hanrin's.

"Yaaaah!" Hanrin screamed when she entered the river.

"Water war!" Chen and Kai started splashing the others with water.

"Unfortunately we don't have any water bender here," Tao said as he avoid the splash from Luhan.

Hanrin smiled to see her friends laughed and Sehun quickly told them to stop in order to avoid the cold. He made them stand in line and dried them easily.

"Owah morning air is soo warm," Kai exclaimed happily as Hanrin laughed.

"We should eat something and then go again. I think we're near," Luhan suggested as Kyung Soo saw the supplies and handed them food.

"Gogi! Yip yip!" Sehun cheerfully said as they were ready to fly.

They were admiring the fresh air and Gogi wanted to fly lower so he just floated a little above the sea.

"Dolphins!" Chen saw the smart grey mamals as everyone headed up to see it.

"They're cute!!" Hanrin squealed as Kyung Soo cheered in agreement.

Everyone gasped in shock when a dolphin jumped and did some rotation before going down to the sea. Sehun smiled to see everyone got so happy and Gogi enjoyed it too. He saw Luhan's sparkled eyes and smiled.

"Oh my!" Kai's voice made them stunned.

"What?" Tao asked.

"We are here," Kyung Soo said as they looked ahead.

"Welcome to Ba Sing Se," Luhan said as a city appeared in front of them.