1.1

Bending The World

Book One
Earth
Strange Encounter

 

"We are here," a woman said as a man stood beside her.

"At last we made it."

"Yeah, welcome to Republic city then."

"Eomma!" a girl ran and hug the woman.

"Hanrin! Look at those buildings," The woman chirpped happily as Hanrin grinned in happiness.

10 years later...

"Yaah! What are you doing here?" a girl shouted at the man who almost bumped her when she carried the tray.

"I'm here to help. I need a job," a tan skinned boy said as he took a tray from the kitchen with food on it and delivered it quickly.

"You know how clumsy you are," the girl replied, getting glares from the boy.

"I'm not that clumsy."

"Hanrin," another boy entered the restaurant as Hanrin came to see him.

"Good afternoon sir," Hanrin playfully greeted as the boy blushed.

"Do you busy right now?"

"I'm always busy, Sehun. You know how hard my life since I got here with my parents."

"Should you take a break for a while?" Sehun suggested.

"Hey can I go too?" the tan skinned boy said as Hanrin laughed.

"Okay I will tell father first. And maybe you can come too, Kai," Hanrin said as they both nodded.

They went outside and admired the city. Spirits were everywhere, roaming in the sky. The last avatar, Korra, decided not to close the portal to the spirit world and now, they were living in peace. All balanced well. Hanrin stared at the buildings, they were built and decorated just like the past, the new president agreed to keep the traditional looks beside their new technologies.

Kim Han Rin came from Ba Sing Se, the city of earth, she arrived here 10 years ago with her parents and started a new life. Her parents made a restaurant and working on it for 5 years until now. Republic City, the city where the benders and the normal people got along well. Benders were now putting their respect as well as the normal people.

"Slow down," Sehun called for Kai as the boy stormed to see the stalls in the market.

"Let him be, Sehun," Hanrin laughed.

"Kai kai!" another boy called him as he turned around.

"Yeah hyung?" Kai asked a boy with curled lips came and tried to control his breath.

"We need to practice!" The boy smacked Kai's head as the younger laughed.

"I will, Chen hyung. But I'm lazy now," Kai said as Chen pouted.

"The game is near and you need to. Okay?" Chen said as Kai nodded.

"I will come tomorrow," Kai finally replied.

"So, you still stay in team?" Sehun smiled.

"Yeah being a player in bending arena is amazing," Kai said as he sparked a fire from his palm.

"Be careful of that," Sehun said as he blew the fire away with bunch of air.

Hanrin stared at those two. Kai was born with fire bending and Sehun from the North Air Temple and it made him one of the air bender. But she was no one. She wasn't a bender and her mom wasn't, only his father who was capable to crack the ground, or even levitate it in blocks. But she was just fine with it. Besides she could watch the bending game in the arena. The one where Avatar Korra played with his friends hundred years ago. The world wasn't change that much, she thought to herself.

"Let's go try that!" Kai's voice made Hanrin gained her conciousness again.

She let a chuckle when she saw Kai and Sehun tried a weird food and vomitted right after that.

"What is that?" Hanrin asked as Kai handed her the food and she took a bite

"Actually this is nice," Hanrin commented.

"It's bitter," Kai frowned.

"I don't want to say it right to the owner's face, idiot Kai," Hanrin barged.

"I'm sorry," Kai lowed his head.

Hanrin smiled and punched him on the shoulder playfully as Kai grinned. Sehun just wander around and pulled Kai to taste another food. She met them when she was little and glad to be his friends. They accepted her well even she wasn't a bender.

"Should we go back?" Sehun asked because it's nearly evening.

"We should," Hanrin decided.

Hanrin walked along with those boys until the arrived at the restaurant.

"I will continue working," Kai said as he entered the restaurant.

"Nice to see you then," Sehun smiled as Hanrin nodded.

"Well you have to come tomorrow. The best menu is different," Hanrin suggested as Sehun nodded and walked away.

Being the air bender, Sehun is calm and tender. But Hanrin saw him like a brother. Kai is fierce but polite and he actually worked well but Hanrin didn't want to admit it. She kept dealing with people until her mother flipped the sign on the door.

"Let's go home, dear," Her mother said as his father locked the restaurant.

"Can I recommend a new menu?" Hanrin asked as her father smiled.

"You are my inspiration in my dish," He laughed freely as Hanrin laughed too.

Hanrin kept her pace with her parents but ended up stopping on the middle of the way. There was a strange feeling all over her mind. Like someone's watching them. The shivering even lasted when she entered her home.

"Are you okay?" Her mom said as she nodded and headed to her room.

"Something is wrong," Hanrin murmured and laid on her bed.

Suddenly the window closed in harsh way as she jumped from her bed. Her eyes gazed to the open window. The creepy thing was, nobody was there at all. She turned around to go outside, feeling the best to drink something to calm her down when she heard something behind her.

The sound of flipping.

Her eyes widened in fear as she turned around to face it slowly.

What she saw was a bunny, small bunny in blue, flying with it's ears, and starring at her tenderly.

It was a spirit.

A spirit in her room.

"GYAAA!!" Hanrin grabbed the door knob and rushed outside the house.

"Hanrin are you okay?" His father asked worriedly.

"There's a spirit in my room! A bunny spirit!" Hanrin answered as his father's face went paler.

"Relax, sweetheart," Her mother came and led her back to her room.

"The time is come. I haven't teach her anything," her father said.

"Go into your room and sleep, darling. You need to," Her mother assured Hanrin as she entered her bedroom.

"The searcher will find her soon."

"I'm sorry I can't keep everything normal," Mr. Kim said as his wife shook her head.

"Let just live normally until that time comes."

"Can't agree more than that."

Hanrin pulled her blanket higher that night. She didn't that afraid but it's really a spirit who came into her room.

She jolted in surprise to find her window opened again seconds with a creepy voice.

"Oh my please sleep sleep," Hanrin murmured until she fell into the deep sleep.

***

The morning light bursted from the opened window as Hanrin yawned and rolled to the other side of the bed...

Which was didn't exist.

"Yaaah!" She screamed as she rub her back because it started to hurt.

"What is happening?" Hanrin sensed something and opened the window wider.

"What is that?" She asked herself after seeing a shadow in black floating at the sky with all the spirits.

"I don't feel well," Hanrin concluded and sat again on her bed.