Silly 8

Same or Opposite!?

Acoustic Café

“So Aom, what do you want to ask?” Mean asks Aom straight away when they sat down.

“Those things you said at lunch, is it true? That you only come here for your dad’s business?” Aom show a determined face toward Mean.

*Sigh* “I think you should know better na Aom!? You’re my only best friend… eh?” Mean’s voice shows some freeze to Aom.

“I… I don’t know what you are talking about!” Aom’s showing her nervous.

“I miss you Aom, you’re my only friend back then, well… friend until that time.” Mean looks out of the window, her eyes show their sadness.

“I told you before I can’t do anything better, I have to go back with my family. I’m sorry; I know you was very lonely back then.” Aom’s sad, too.

“Whatever…” Mean’s thinking back then, when Aom first came to Canada, they were classmate, at that time Mean was a nerd, no one like her and when Aom came, her life was changed. They’ve become closest friends, sharing and caring for each other, nothing couldn’t broke them, but one day Aom said she has to came back to Bangkok because her father’s business trip has ended, Mean has pleaded her to stay because if Aom gone, she wouldn’t have any friend, Aom resisted strongly and the fought, in that moment Aom’s said that she doesn’t need to call her anymore, because their… friendship was over. She was really hurt and mad at the same time, she stopped to connect with Aom ever since.

“You miss me but I’m sure there’s still something you want, right?” Aom said seriously, she tries to calm herself down.

“I want to take everything that you have gotten from me, my first love, and my life!” Mean leans closer and said with a warning voice.

“Y… your love!?” Aom’s frightened.

“It’s you, you are the one who took my lover away from me, my first love, and I want to take all back from you.”

“But… but you know, it can’t… you know that Mean.” Aom is sweating in scare.

“I don’t care Aom and I bet you parents don’t know anything about what you did back then right?” She threats Aom with her words.

“They don’t know, Mean… Please don’t tell them, I beg you!”

“Huh? Useless, If you don’t want me to tell them… How about tell them by yourself? I know everything about you Aom, just a single blink of you and I can read all you think. Think about it and let me know.” Mean stands up from her chair and walks pass Aom, doesn’t forget to leave a light-scary kiss on her cheek.

“Bye na my best friend!!” Then she walks out without any word, leaving Aom behind and her pale face.

At night, Aom can’t sleep, Mean’s words keep repeat in her mind.

“Her lover!? Why she still want her lover?”

“I bet you parents don’t know anything about what you did back then right?”

“If you don’t want me to tell them… How about tell them by yourself?”

“I know everything about you Aom, just a single blink of you and I can read all you think. Think about it.”

“Think about it… Think about it.”

“What do you want from me and think about what Mean? It’s horrible, I can’t tell them!!” Aom cries hard when she thinks about everything.

“Why you have to do this Mean? Why you keep bother me? It’s already a past.” She hides herself in her pillow, tries not to let her sob escapes from .

“Why all of this has to be happen? I can’t do this, this is so wrong.” She cries herself to sleep.

Next morning - At school

“So after that he was like…” Tina’s telling about the movie she saw last night while the three are walking to school.

The strange thing is when the walk to the school, everyone look at them strangely, some even whisper something, they walk pass someone and hear some of them said.

“Look at her, can’t believe it’s real.” – “Yeah! Unbelievable…”

They’re feeling tense, this atmosphere is really annoyed. Mike starts to mad, so do Tina and Aom.

“Hey what’s wrong?” Mike stops a boy, who is also whispering at them.

“Uh… School’s board, there’s… a note about… her.” He points at Aom; they turn to look at her, Aom’s in shocked. They all run to the school board and….