Silly 13

Same or Opposite!?

“I know… Tina, I understand, you can’t love me back, I’m sorry to say these things, and I gotta go.” Without saying anything more or waiting for Tina to answer, Aom stands up and runs away. She skips school and goes home right after that; at home, she lies on her bed, crying again.

“Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Why you have to tell her Aom!? You know clearly that she doesn’t like girl or you!? You’re idiot!! Your life is RUIN!!” She punches her head and sobs harder, then falls asleep unexpected. At dawn, her parents come home and surprise to see her at home, with a red nose and swollen eyes; they’re curious but seeing her likes that they wouldn’t dare to ask. Just until when it’s time to bed, they come to her room, knock on her door and go inside when she approves.

“Hi mom, hi dad! What’s wrong?” Aom sits straight up. Her parents come close and sit down on her bed with her.

“It’s us who ask you that Aom.” Her dad starts first.

“Honey how are you? What’s wrong? Are you sick?” Her mom comes to her and checks on her.

“No mom, I’m fine it’s just there was something happened at school…” Aom turns away, making her parents more worry for her.

“Oh baby you can tell us everything, you know? Like we said the other day!?” Her mom said, Aom nods slowly and tells her parents everything, about Tina and Mike, about today incident and about her confession toward Tina, end of her story her crying becomes louder, her parents hug her.

“Aww baby girl loves someone… Don’t worry baby, like they’re always said, when you love someone dearly, someday your love will be pay.” Her mom wipes away her tears.

“Yes and at least you have what was they called it, yes, courage honey! You have courage to tell her your feeling, and then you won’t regret it because you didn’t tell it to her.” Her dad continues.

“But what if I regret because I said it? What if we can’t be friend anymore?” She cries harder when thinking about it.

“Aww no honey, true friends won’t do that! She will understand you or maybe fall in love with you even!” Her mom’s smiling wide.

“Yes my baby girl is beautiful isn’t she?” Her dad pats her head softly.

“Thank you so much, I’m feeling better now.” Aom said smiles to her parents.

“That’s my girl, always a happy girl, ok!? Good night.” Her mom hugs her one last time and go back to her room with her husband.

After the talk, Aom feels so much better, they’re right, if Tina is her friend she won’t mind, or maybe, just maybe, they can be one~ Aom close her eyes, then her phone rings, It’s a message from Mean.

‘Hey Aom! I don’t know if I should tell you this but as you know I’m alone here, so… can you me to the airport tomorrow? I’ll come back home Aom and I need to talk to you. I know you’ve already told her, so please take me there and tell me can you?’

From: Aom

‘What??? Why so sudden? I thought you came here to study?’

From: Mean

‘Come on Aom, I’ve told you... Or haven’t I!? Oops… Then you really need to come with me tomorrow then!! Come na Aom!!’

From: Aom

‘Ok! But you have to tell me ok? What’s time?’

From: Mean

‘Aww thanks! 10AM, I’ll take a cab and come with you to the airportJ. Good night Aom~~’

From: Aom

‘Ok good night Mean, see you tmr!’

Aom sets up her alarm; she doesn’t want to be late tmr and goes back to her sleep.

Next day – 9:53AM

 “Good morning aunty, uncle!” Mean greets Aom’s parents when she walks in.

“Good morning Mean! What with the luggage?” Aom’s dad asks her curious.

“I’ll go back to Canada today uncle. I’m done here!” Mean said and sits down to join the older.

“Oh really? We’ve troubled you, thank you and give my wish to your parents for me.”

“Yes uncle!” Mean smiles at him.

“Have you ha your breakfast Mean!? Join us!” Aom’s mom asks.

“Ah thanks aunty, I don’t mind then…” And when Mean about to eat, a voice echoes the house.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAA I’m late!!” Aom rushes down the stairs with her shorty legs.

“Good morning Aom, have your breakfast!” Mean greets Aom smiling.

“M… MEAN!! It’s 10:15 already!! If we don’t get there, you’ll be late!!”

“Nah I’m kidding Aom, my plane takes off at 1PM, so we have breakfast and go there is right enough time.” Mean said and turns back to her meal.

“Wh… What?? Why you did this to me??” Aom’s yelling like crazy.

“Oh Aom I know why Mean did that honey, why don’t you understand?” Her dad laughs.

“Why dad?” Aom looks confused.

“You’re always late, if she tell you later than this then she’s absolutesly late.” All three laugh harder while Aom’s face red more than a tomato.

“NOT FUNNY DAD!! And Mean I’ll deal with you later.” Aom pouts and sits down to have her breakfast.

“Aww come on don’t be mad Aom, I did it for your own good.” Aom keeps her silent, and Mean doesn’t dare to say more.

On the way to the Airport

“So… Mean what was that you didn’t tell me?” Aom looks at Mean, she turns to look at her and sigh.

“Well I’ve known that you parents had told you about they known you’re lesbian for so long ago right?” Aom nods.

“And yes they’ve told me too… But it was before you. A week before I’ve moved back here, they called me, said you was sad and they didn’t know what was it so they asked me to help, as for your… you know… I might what was it just still need to confirm so I agreed, they even told me they’ve known you’re lesbian, and what has happened so many years back then in Canada, so they need my help.” Aom nods her head slowly and doesn’t say anything more.

Aom’s house

*Ding Dong* Aom’s mom opens the door and sees Tina is standing in front of her.

“Hi aunty! Is Aom home?”

“No she is at the airport.”

“Why she’s there aunty? Is she going somewhere??” Tina asks worried

“No… Ah no, yesterday she was so sad, and told us everything, about she likes girl and about… you, her dad was mad at her so he wanted her to go to Canada immediately so she couldn’t see you any more.” Aom’s mom calmly said.

“Oh ok!! Thank you aunty.” Tina said and turns around to leave.

“You won’t go to find her, will you?”

“Na I don’t think so… nothing important anymore.” Tina smiles and goes away.

“This idiot!! How can Aom likes her, or she really doesn’t have any feeling toward Aom… Huh!? That will be bad.” She said and closes the door behind her.

~TO BE CONTINUE~