Afflicted.

Lothario's Definition of Love

Another week passed. Despite countless attempts to involve Yoona in a conversation longer than 5 minutes, Jaejoong failed to do so. Yoona has been busy of late, unable to spare him much time for a get-along session or even a chat. As projects and assignments pile up, Yoona has inevitably neglected their friendship. 

[Message]

Jaejoong: I hadn't seen you much lately. Are you coping fine with the heavy workload? Remember to take a rest even if you've a tight schedule. Your health matters most.

-Thanks for your concern. I'm getting used to killing my brain cells with the mountain of assignments. Guess I'll have to take things in my stride. Haha.

Jaejoong: Haha. Well, I thought we're drifting apart nowadays. Except during P.O.A and Chemistry lessons, we don't get together like we used to. Not anymore.

-Aww Jaejoong... please accept my apology. I've been slogging really hard to complete my assignments. You're still as important to me. Don't forget, we're best of friends.

Jaejoong stared at the screen of his cellphone. FRIENDS. Does she only regard him as a friend? Does she know that she means more than just a friend to him? This wasn't what he wanted.

'Friends...' He snorted, shaking his head. For once, he detests the word, 'Friends'.

Jaejoong: The apology is unnecessary, though. Are you available tomorrow evening? I've got to talk to you personally. It's important to me. This question has been pestering me for several days.

-Alright. I'll set aside time tomorrow. Have a good night rest. With Love, Yoona :D-

Jaejoong: In this case, I'll meet you at the bus stop nearest to your house. Have an early night rest too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 'Jimseung Oppa!' Yoona fakes the squeal of a fangirl as the hideous looking man spins around, astounded. He heaved a sigh of relief the moment he saw her.

'Oppa, are you this scared?' She giggles as she hooks her arm around his.

'YAH! We won't have a peace of mind if they discover us. Do you want us to be stalked by a group of haters when we're on a date? Do you really want to die?' He hissed.

'Okay okay.. I won't do it ever again.' She pouted her lips and he started grinning.

'Oppa, you look hideous. Like a well built gangster on his mission to kill. What's with the beret and aviator sunglasses? You look like a fasion terrorist.' She couldn't hold her laughter any longer.

 'Don't birds of the same feather flock together? Ain't we compatible? You should totally try on a fireman suit for the upcoming Oscar Awards ceremony.' He shot her a mischievous smile as she glares at him. He pursed his lips immediately, avoiding her glare before he withers. His reaction was so adorable Yoona couldn't help but burst out laughing...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong waited restlessly at the bus stop, feeling uneasy and nervous. He has decided to profess his love for Yoona. Having mustered all the courage within him, he was going to wait for her, even if her answer was rejection. Yoona was the first woman who shone ever so brightly in his dull life. She was the only woman he has ever laid his eyes on. If there was only one desire that can be fulfilled, he knew what he wanted. He was certain that Yoona would be the one to bring flavours to his life and remind him of the presence of his heart beating within him.

20090507_tvxqscan2.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Yoona's eyes flung open. She jerks up from her seat and asked, 'Where am I? What's the time now?'

Taecyeon, who was staring at the sleeping beauty awhile ago gave a puzzled look. 'Did you forget? We were on a date. You doze off while I was driving you home.'

'Oh shucks! What's the time now?' She frantically freed herself from the seatbelt.

'10 P.M. I'm certain you did not defy the curfew imposed on you...'

'No,' She gasped. 'Oppa, why didn't you wake me up from my sleep? Ugh, how could I be sleeping like a dead log in a car for 2 full hours...' She tugs at her hair, looking frustrated with herself.

'What are you doing!' He frowned as he held her hands firmly, restraining Yoona from pulling out strands of hair.  

 'Oppa, I've got to go. I'll see you tomorrow.' Yoona's face creased with tension.

'Yoona...Im Yoona.' He calls out to her as she hops out of her seat.

'Uh huh?' She spins around, feeling all exasperated. He approaches her and handed her a beautifully wrapped parcel.

'I wanted to steal your first kiss away tonight,' Yoona's heart skipped a beat. 'But I've decided to claim it from you tomorrow on Valentine's Day. In case you forgot, we're having dinner with my parents. Wear this.' Smiling, he passed the parcel to her.

'I do remember. I'll wear it tomorrow.' Relief surged through her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She ran a short distance to the bus stop and saw Jaejoong... He must have dozed off while waiting for her. Smiling an apologetic smile, she walks over to sit beside him. Staring at him closely, she noticed how exhausted he was. Yoona felt her heart breaking as she observes the handsome face that exudes charm and confidence looks gaunt and weary now. While she was lost in her thoughts, Jaejoong sat up, yawning.

'Yoona... You're finally here.' His face lit up upon seeing her.

'I'm sorry... You must have waited a long time.' She sulked, blaming herself for the wait.

'It's alright.You must have your reason as to why you were late,' He smiled..

'I fell asleep in Taecyeon oppa's car and lost track of time.'

Jaejoong felt his face fall. He felt his stomach churn. She has dealt him with a blow that send his hopes crashing down. 

'I see that you've got a gift..' His gaze fell upon the intricately wrapped parcel Yoona held in her arms. She nods, playing with the ribbons tied around the parcel.

'Oppa wants me to wear it tomorrow. For a fashion terrorist like him, I'm not confident that it would turn out nice...' She lets out a laugh.

20100826_yoona_4.jpg

'Am I being kept in the dark?' An aura of grey engulfed him. 'What's the relationship between the two of you?'

She slaps her forehead. 'You must have heard of it, from the fangirls right? I was so busy I didn't manage to find a good time to confide in you. I didn't mean to keep it a secret. Jaejoong ah, I'm in a relationship with him. Taecyeon oppa...'

'Jaejoong ah, I'm in a relationship with him. Taecyeon oppa...'

She rattles on, but he remained expressionless. That was the furthest his mental capacity could take. His mind acted like a recorder, rewinding and replaying the same sentence again. It took one sentence to rip his heart out. He felt an intense stabbing pain in his heart, leaving him tattered and torn. It took just a sentence to crush all hopes within him. One sentence to kill every ounce of courage. Was this the truth he longed to hear from her? Now that the words parted from her lips, was he to believe it? He found himself foolish. Afterall, he may not want to know the truth that badly. He wanted to be kept in the dark...

 

 

Addendum: Hey :D I wanted to be as detailed as possible. I've mentioned previously that this would be the , but the one after this is definitely going to be the one. It's gonna be Valentine's Day for them (: Oh, and kiss scene. I guess I'll have a really HARD time trying to come up with words to describe a kiss. Haha.

-SMILE- xoxo