Truth and Dare

Lothario's Definition of Love

Tucked under the blanket and in her PJs, Yoona sat up in her bed and cursed at her debilitating headache. Stretching her tired arms and legs, she notices a bowl of Haejangguk (Hangover Remedy) resting on the nightstand. Reaching out for it, she stares at the Post-it note pasted on the  table.

'You were dead drunk yesterday... Remember to drink the hangover soup for relief. Don't blame us for the headache.' -SoNyulShiDae-

Images began to flood in almost immediately. Yoona was reminded of the happenings yesterday...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVRaw17ktXBZkfgFTIlz2

Facepalming herself, Yoona breaks down in tears, staining her cheeks. She could feel her heart bleeding in pain, and how each breath was a chore to her. Immobilised by the broken heart syndrome, Yoona blames herself for being foolishly in love with a heartbreaker...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Message] 

Yoona: Oppa, you've been avoiding my calls these days, but we need to talk.  

Taecyeon: Am I? I don't see the need to avoid your calls. What's the matter?

Yoona: We need to talk face to face. It's regarding us.

Taecyeon: Fine. We'll meet at Brookes Cafe. 6 PM.

Yoona draws a deep, shuddering breath, blinking back tears. She dreaded confronting the matter, but she has to. There's no way she can avoid it. Not anymore...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

f907abb878f0897a_Coffee_Lover.jpg

Yoona took a sip of freshly brewed cappuccino and folded her arms as she waited.

An hour passed...

Two...

Taecyeon didn't show up for their appointment afterall. Having waited in vain for three full hours, Yoona finally had enough. The great deal of disrespect she has suffered could no longer be stomached. Does she mean anything to him? What is the position she held in his heart? Peeved, She paid the bill and drove away. Straight to the nightclub...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 There he was, with his arms hanging over the shoulders of scantily dressed s. He sat amidst his group of friends as they indulge in alcoholic beverages. The sight of him sharing this intimacy with them pulled the last straw. She storms over.

'Oppa, why didn't you turn up?' Yoona spat.

'What are you talking about? Oh yeah, I forgot...' He snickered.

'What's with the 180 degrees dramatic change in you? Why are you behaving this way?' She asked, looking hurt.

'I was, all along, someone like this. You just didn't see my true colours. I didn't change. I just hid my true personality from you.' He replied sardonically.

Yoona was speechless. She sniffed back her tears, swallowing hard. 'Oppa, let us talk...'

'What's the point?' One of his friends stood up. 'Yoona sshi, let it pass. It's just a truth or dare game...' He reaches deep into his bag and threw out a photo.

'This is an evidence of his accomplishment. That is, of course, stealing away the first kiss of a 'play-hard-to-get' girl like you Look, isn't it clear now? Don't cling onto him anymore.'

 

Yoona stares at the photograph, dumbfounded. She felt her heart shatter into a million pieces.She finally understood...

 

'Just because you wanted to complete your 'dare', you accepted the mission as a heartbreaker? Just because you wanted to complete your 'dare', you got close to a 'play hard to get' girl like me? Just because you wanted to complete your 'dare', you rob me of whatever I could offer to you? Just because...' Despair and misery crept into her voice.

'Just because you have lost the ability to love, how could you treat love this lightly?' Taecyeon stops avoiding her eyes, looking at her in a wistful and inquisitive manner. He stood up with the intention to speak, but Yoona interrupted. 

_fancam_Taecyeon_and_Seulong_came_to_wat

'So just live, day by day, without getting pricked by your conscience for inflicting hurt upon a foolish, play-hard-to-get girl. A heartless jerk like you don't deserve love in any way.' Yoona snapped at him, expressionless.

Pain-strickened, Yoona trudged out of the nightclub. Tear-stained, she hurried into her car. Resting her head on the steering wheel, she broke out into loud, uncontrollable sobs. The excruciating pain has ripped her heart to shreds, leaving her tattered and torn... 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Addendum: Poor Yoona... I'm trying my best to portray Taec as a heartbreaker, so if you're alittle upset with him, it proves that I'm on the right track. If not, do let me know, because I'll have to improve on stirring up readers' feelings. I am a Taecyoon fan though. I would love to receive more feedback to further help me improve.Forgive me if this chapter is a little long-winded :/ You guys are awesome! (:

-SMILE- xoxo