Breaking the News

Lothario's Definition of Love

'Yoona?' Nichkhun settles down beside Nichkhun.

'Ahh, Khun Oppa...' Nichkhun raises an eyebrow, staring intently at her. Her faint smile was uncommon.

'What's wrong?'

Yoona turns to face him. His tone was always gentle, his concern always genuine.

'Oppa, I'm leaving...'

Nichkhun freezes. The countenance exuding warmth loses its radiance immediately.

'My father woke up,' Yoona purses her lips. 'But he wants me in Juiliard.'

'New York? That's... far.'

'Uh huh,' Yoona stares at her intertwined fingers. 'I'm not ready to give up on everything. I know I've to start afresh but...'

'Leaving may not necessarily be a bad choice, Yoona.' Nichkhun interrupts.

'Oppa?'

'It's only through leaving will you completely let go of the feelings that linger. It's the fastest way to heal. What good will it do if you cling onto hopeless situations?'

Yoona stares at Nichkhun in amazement. They were similar, and definitely more mature.

'Oppa,' Yoona lets out a laugh. 'You remind me of my father... In terms of maturity.'

Nichkhun flashes his satisfied smile. 'Let's hope I did your father a favour.'

'You did.' Yoona nods. She has to wake up from her dreams of loving a player. She has to grow up with maturity. She has to start afresh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Yah!' Jessica drapes her arm over Yoona's neck. 'A week to our semester break!'

'Yeah. A week before it all ends...'

'Year 1, to be exact,' Jessica corrects Yoona, still busy her popsicle. 'Let's organize an outing during our holidays.'

'Huh?'

'A barbeque? Or chalet? Gosh, I can't wait for holidays to come!' Jessica squeals with delight.

'Sica,' Yoona sets her jaw tight. 'I need to talk to you.'

'Yeah, what?'

'I'm leaving...'

'So soon? Back to class?' Jessica watches as the popsicle shrinks in size.

'Korea.'

'I'll see you later,' Jessica turns to leave when she came to a halt, digesting Yoona's words.

'What are you talking about, Yoona?' Jessica spins around, shooting Yoona an incredulous look.

'I said,' Yoona swallows hard. 'I'm leaving college. All of you. Korea.'

'No way...' Jessica's astonishment couldn't be concealed. 'Wait, no. Why the sudden adjustment? What-'

'Sica ah, I don't want to,' Yoona blinks back tears. 'But I've already decided to leave.'

'Then don't go! I don't want you to leave us... Yoona ah, listen to me.' Jessica pleads with her, grabbing her hands tightly.

'Sica ah...' Yoona shakes her head, adamant to leave.

'I get it...' Jessica brushes the tear with the back of her hand before turning to leave without a word.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Message]

Yoona: Jaejoong Oppa, shall we meet? We need to talk.

Jaejoong: Sure. I'll be waiting at your bus stop. 7PM, alright?

Yoona: Great.

Being her confidant, he has every right to know. He is the final person she has to inform before she can leave Korea. 

 

Flashback

'Daddy...' Yoona shook her head.

'The sole reason why you're hesitant is because of Ok Taecyeon, isn't it?' His tone was stern.

'Daddy, why-'

'He is partially responsible for the state your father is in right now! If he didn't incur my wrath, I wouldn't have suffered a cardiac arrest. You almost lost your father because of this man!'

'No Daddy... It was his father, wasn't it?' Yoona shook her head in denial.

'He knew who you were from the start, Yoona. He was out to fool you! To cheat you of your feelings before ditching you! He doesn't love you, Yoona. Wake up!' He began to cough badly.

'Daddy...' Yoona stood up, his back in the direction downwards to ease his bad cough.

End of Flashback

 

Chucking her cellphone aside, Yoona facepalms herself.

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Addendum: I know it's a 'dry' dialogue session, but I needed to explain why Yoona 'has to leave'. Anyway, do check out my new fanfic 'Espionage'.
It's Soshibang though (: Uhm, agent and action stuff. I've decided to step out of my comfort zone thogh (:
Would love to hear from you. :D