Chance

Lothario's Definition of Love

'Do you still love me?'

 

Yoona finds herself staring at Taecyeon, speechless. The man standing right in front of her has lost his arrogance and confidence. The man who prioritizes pride and dignity over anything else has spoken forth in such despair. Yet, his words only torture her further...

'Oppa, love...'  Taecyeon flinches the moment he hears the tinge of sorrow in her voice. 'It's painful...'

'Not,' Taecyeon adds in straight after she finishes her sentence. 'Yoona, I've finally found love and I don't want to lose it...' Taecyeon reaches out, taking her hand in his.

'Neither do I...' Yoona shakes her head. 'But I've lost the courage to love, Oppa. I can feel it seeping away...'

'No, Yoona. Give me a chance. Give US a chance. I'll repair the broken relationship... I'll do everything I can.' Inexplicable despair and fear fretted him.

'How do I trust you? How do I bring myself to give you another chance? ' Yoona bites her lower lip, choked with emotions.

Taecyeon felt a stab in the heart. It was afterall a matter of trust. He finally understood how hopeless and weary she felt about their relationship. Determined to build the wall of trust in her, he was willing to undergo a huge transformation. The love that he has failed to honor with his first love and the love that he has failed to treasure with Yoona, he was going to reclaim it.

'You'll learn how to trust again, Yoona. Because I'll prove to you that I'm worthy of it. I will...' Placing his hands over her shoulders, he locks his eyes into hers, looking dead serious. Yoona could feel warmth nudging her to embrace love. She knew it worked. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'DAMN. We're supposed to finish studying them? In 3 days? TCH.' Jessica clicks her tongue as she struggles to lift the stack of reference books off the desk.

'YES. 3 days, Sica.' Yoona nods her head, unable to contain her smile when she looks at Jessica from the corner of her eye.

'PHOTOGRAPHY. I wouldn't have selected this course if I knew...'

'Need help, ladies?' A familiar voice rings out from behind.

 

BATHUMP...

 

She could feel her heart thumping in her chest at the sight of his lips curling into a natural smile. Pitching his key upwards and then catching it, Jaejoong approaches them.

'I suppose you guys badly need a ride,' He beams at Jessica before turning to Yoona. 'Chauffeur Ahn is out of town isn't he? Come on, let me help you...'

'Nah, it's fine. Oppa, will you please send Jessica home?' Yoona tightens her grip around the books, rejecting his offer.

'Sure I will. How about you?' Jaejoong raises an eyebrow, confused. Yoona flashes her mischievous grin.

'I've to go to a place where inspiration flows freely,' Yoona points to the digital camera hanging by the strap around her neck. ' Because inspiration is the essence of photography.'

'Wait. How're you going to move around with a pile of books in your hands? I'll send you to your destination...'

'I'm better inspired when I'm alone, Oppa. Don't underestimate my ability to move about with a stack of books.' Already, Yoona was heading for the door.

'Yoona ah...'

'Jaejoong ah, Sica ah, annyeong!' She waves her enthusiastic goodbye, walking out of the door before Jaejoong could even stop her.

'I'll carry these books.' Jaejoong turns to look at Jessica, forcing a faint smile on his lips. The trace of disappointment has spoken for itself. Nodding her head in silence, she watches as he lifts the stack of books off the desk effortlessly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tumblr_llyn2qYhtH1qdon7so1_500.jpg

'Aww...' Yoona's face scrunches up, ruffling her hair with both hands. 

For the past few hours she spent scrutinizing every word, memorizing important details, she has finally realized that Photography isn't simply about theory work. It depends on the appreciation of the arts as well as applying them in practical situations. Exhaling loudly, she drops the last reference book on the pile sitting beside her and slumps back against the wooden bench. 

'How could a greenhorn like me possibly pick Photography as my elective? Great... Now I've landed in hot water...' Yoona snorts, frustrated with herself for attempting to try something new. Something she wasn't quite able to perform well at.

'A brand new experience is worth the time,' The silvery voice jolts Yoona from her deep thoughts. 'Hang in there.'

'Nichkhun?' Yoona clasps a hand over , surprised with the way she addresses him in such a friendly manner. There he was lying in the shade of the tree, with his head resting on his hands.

'To think I didn't notice you here.' Yoona bites her lower lips, embarassed.  

'Well, may I take a look at your books?' Nichkhun points to the stack of books resting on the wooden bench.

User image

'Sure. You may.' Yoona nods her head in approval, unable to contain her smile. 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Addendum: I'm truly apologetic! I can't believe I didn't update for so many days. Okay, I've to admit this chapter isn't interesting. *sighs*
FYI, there's gonna be more Jaesica moments soon. ^^ But mainly, Taecyoon and Khunna! :D I'll try to bring the story into ' mode' in the following chapters so stay with me.
Please continue to read, comment and subscribe. (: THANK YOU SO MUCH!