Third Encounter

Lothario's Definition of Love

'Ahjusshi, Jel Bahl yo...' Yoona pleaded profusely with Chauffeur Ahn.

'Aishh, Kah...' He relented, shaking his head as he drove away.

clark_park1.jpg

Walking down the solitary path alone, Yoona felt comforted by the breeze. Watching the tree branches sway to the wind was her favourite pasttime, just as it was a plausible way to destress. As she lingered around in the park, she paused when she heard an animal yelp. The cries eventually led Yoona to an injured puppy. Gasping aloud, she bent forward to examine the wound of the newborn, stray puppy.

'Poor you, did you have a fight with ferocious dogs or cats and got bitten in your leg?' Scooping the whimpering puppy in her arms, she decided to hail a cab.

'Need help? Yoona sshi?' Taecyeon flashes a key in his palm.

She felt relief surged from within and smiled. 'Yes, I am badly in need of help. Will you offer me a ride to the nearest vet clinic?' She asked as she the fur of the puppy. '

More than willing.' Taecyeon flashes his warm grin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Is it going to be fine?' Yoona questioned the doctor, looking worried.

'Yes it is. The antiseptic solution would prevent an infection of the wound.' The vet reassured her.

'Thank you!' She bowed to the vet, then turned to face Taecyeon.

'Taecyeon sshi, Gomawo yo.' Yoona's countenance expressed grattitude.

'You're welcome. Anyway, Don't be so formal with me. Just call me by my name. And allow me to offer you a ride back home.' He flashed Yoona an easy grin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Here we are.' Taecyeon lets out a yawn and stretches his tense muscles.

'I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. About the puppy...' She turns to look at the soundly asleep dog, reluctant to part with it.

'Don't worry, I'll bring it home. Meanwhile... Here's my number. You can call me if you want to see it.' He tore a paper and scribbled on it his number.

Yoona's heart skipped a beat. The euphoric feeling gripped her as she nodded. She took the paper and tore a blank side away. Then, she scribbled her contact number on it and gave it to him.

'Yoona ah, you've got a great heart. It's true. You're indeed different.' With that, he drove away, leaving Yoona to ponder at his words.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoona couldn't sleep a wink. Not at all. She felt as though her heart was strained. The images of Taecyeon kept flashing in Yoona's mind despite countless attempt to stop thinking about him. Exasperated, she tugs at the few strands of hair that she was playing around with. 'Argh, what the heck is wrong with me?' she cursed when her cellphone started beeping.

[Ok Taecyeon]

-It's soundly asleep now. I supposed it enjoys sleeping, haha. Shall we give it name since I'm adopting it?-

sleeping-dog_4_1680_x_1050.jpg

 

Yoona blushed wildly. She couldn't believe her eyes. She couldn't believe her heart. She was elated, to the point of having an ecstasy attack. Her pulsating heart and the shortness of breath, is this LOVE? The longing to see him, and the desire to hear him, is this a crush?

-You're adopting it? Haha. Let's come up with several names and pick from one of them?-

With that, they kept each other up late the whole night, sending messages and thinking of a feasible name for the new puppy.