Second Encounter

Lothario's Definition of Love

'You're blushing red, Yoona...' Jaejoong muttered, expressionless. Yoona twirled around to face Jaejoong immediately.

'I wasn't. It's because... I've just embarassed myself. I wasn't cut out to sing. I...' Yoona knew herself too well. She was searching for an excuse.

'Jaejoong ah, I...'

'Let's head to the canteen now.' He interrupted, then took the lead as Yoona silently trailed behind him.

Meanwhile, as they were eating, Jaejoong didn't mouth a word. Yoona tried to involve him in a conversation, but Jaejoong seemed cold.

'Jaejoong ah, are you mad at me?' Yoona pouted her lips. Jaejoong looked up from his plate of Aglio Olio.

 'I don't want to lose a friend on the very first day of school. The fact that we became friends the very few hours after we met means that our friendship is special. It is rather meaningful to me. Don't look so solemn, Chingu ah.' Jaejoong watched as she frowns, but couldn't hold his laughter and burst out laughing.

'What's wrong?' Yoona straightened her posture, frightened by his sudden laughing. 'Nothing. The way you frown, it's adorable. I like it.' Avoiding her eyes, Jaejoong stared at his serving.

'Is it that funny? It must have been. I need to view myself frowning with a mirror. Where's my mirror.... Shucks, I think it fell out when I left the Theatre!' Yoona gasped. 'No, I hope no one steps on it... If it breaks, I'm gonna have 7 years of bad luck!' With that, Yoona darted across the canteen towards the Theatre.

'Wait up...' Before he could stop her, she was already out of sight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Where's my mirror...' She chanted as she searched high and low for it in the Theatre. It was empty by now. Searching the spot where she stood a moment ago, the lights suddenly came on. She jerks up, only to see Taecyeon standing in front of her. He held the mirror up and asked, 'Is this yours? Did you drop this a moment ago?' He smirked mischeivously.

'Ahh, there you are...' She took it from him and bowed. 'Thank you!' 

'You're most welcome. You sang extremely well just now. You're really talented. Do you like music? Oh, and do you play any instruments?' 

 'Well, I used to play the violin, but I stopped several years ago.Yes, music was my favourite past time, it still has its significance to me..' Yoona stared at the marble tiles, sighing.

She recalled the time when her dad objected to her wasting time on playing a musical instrument. When she was defiant and bought a violin, he smashed it into pieces. Her father's violent temper and objection soured their relationship, but at the same time, destroyed her hobby. 

violin1.jpg

'Would you... Would you like to stay behind and look at the musical instruments here? I'll definitely have to say, the quality of these instruments is great. Perhaps, you may uncover your interest for a new instrument?' She looked up at him, fear and excitement flushed through her system once again. She didn't dare to defy her father, but her defiant self assured her that she shouldn't deprive herself of trying it all over again.

'Taecyeon sshi, in truth, my dad forbids me to play any instrument. He doesn't like me to 'waste' my time on it. We even ...' 

'You're here. No one can seize this chance to learn and feel all over again. You've got the potential. Don't miss it..' With that, he led the hesitant Yoona up the stage.

yoona_taecyeon_18052010200848_2005201003

'Don't be afraid to touch it. Give it a shot.'

She felt anxiety coursed through the veins in her body. Mustering all the courage to try it again, she gave it a shot. There was, suddenly, a renaissance of hope and love towards music again. For the precious time she has lost, Yoona wanted to play the violin again. This time, she wouldn't budge, even if her father objects. It is her interest, one that deserves her attention. She doesn't want to give it up anymore. The moment the piece she played ended, Taecyeon gave her the most warming applause ever. She blushed, but managed to conceal the glowing pride within her.

'That was awesome. But let's not miss out on the other instruments. Oh, watch me strum the guitar...' 

Jaejoong ran his way to the Theatre to find Yoona. Pushing the door open, he finds Taecyeon putting up a music spoof for her, while Yoona's laugh floated through the air.

'Yoona ah...' He calls out to her and everything came to a halt.

___________________________________________________

Both Taecyeon and Yoona turned around to look at Jaejoong. 'Ahh, Jaejoong ah... I found the mirror. It's just the instruments that kept me here and I lost track of time.' 

'You lost track of time and you totally forgot about...' He paused for a moment. Letting out a sigh, he turned away and left.

'Jaejoong ah...' She called out, running down the stage. 'Taecyeon sshi, thanks for giving me such a beautiful experience all over again. You are the epitome of Music. But look, I'll get going first.'  Taecyeon nods his head as he watches her leave by the door.

%5BPHOTOS%5D+Jaejoong+Opening+Sites~+(db

'Jaejoong ah, hold up...' She ran and grabbed hold of his arm.

'Look, I'm sorry. I didn't forget you. I was just too interested in the instruments. I shouldn't have lost track of time... I really didn't mean this.' As she waited for his response, he gave her a resigned look.

'Don't ever be this engrossed in anything that revolves around him. You're just like a deer stepping into a noose. You don't know him well enough, so...' 

Suddenly, someone from behind interrupted. 'Hey Miss, you haven't tell me your name!' Yoona turned and saw Taecyeon several metres away, waving his hand at her.

'I'm Yoona! IM YOONA!' She yelled.

 'I got it!' He replied, flashing a broad smile. Yoona couldn't help but smile too. At this, Jaejoong grabbed Yoona by the arm and pulled her back to their classroom.