Intolerable

Lothario's Definition of Love

'How is my father?' Yoona clasps her hands as she asks the Cardiac specialist registrar.

'His condition has stabilized thanks to early cardiopulmonary resuscitation and defibrillation. I would categorise him under critical condition because a relapse may happen. If he makes it past tonight, the chances of a relapse would be reduced.'

'Thank you doctor. Can I enter his ward now?'

'You're welcome. Go ahead.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yoona-hairstyle-change-2_large.jpg?13076

'Why are you here?' Yoona couldn't hide the annoyance as she wipes away the tears with the back of her hand.

Taecyeon arises from his seat, speechless.

'M-Mr Im fainted and I-I sent him to the hospital...' Taecyeon stuttered, which became apparent to Yoona that he spoke only half the truth.

'Where did you find him? Why is he with you?' Yoona interrogated, expressionless.

'W-We met Mr.Im at the carpark of the hotel you were working at and had a brief chat...'

'We? Who do you mean by 'we'?' Yoona interrupted, clearly unable to let the matter rest.

'My father and I...'

'Your father?' Yoona closes her eyes, sounding vexed and irritated.

'We had a brief chat with him when he collapses...' Taecyeon looks flustered as he tries to come up with an excuse...

'BRIEF CHAT?! WITH THAT NASTY MOUTH OF YOUR FATHER?!' Yoona roared, infuriated and aggressive.

Taecyeon stared wide-eyed at Yoona who has just lost her pleasant demeanour and composure.

'What are the contents to the chat between my father and yours?'

'Yoona, my father didn't mean anything...'

'WHAT ARE THE CONTENTS?!' Yoona raises her voice, demanding an answer. Taecyeon started to tremble with fear.

'My father. He..He told your father that you are working at the hotel and about us...'

 

Flashback

'I see that you've got a pretty but foolish daughter...' Father mocks at Mr.Im but was ignored.

'Buying home her favourite egg tarts? Save it. She would have gotten sick of it by now...'

Mr Im shook his head while looking at my father who was in a stupor.

'Why are you interfering with my personal affairs? I know my daughter's preference best...'

'Are you certain about that? You don't even know anything she does behind your back!' My father laughs sarcastically.

'What do you mean?' Mr Im asks quizzically.

'Your daughter has been working here, at this hotel, for a fortnight since their mid-semester break. Are you even aware of that?'

Mr Im shot my father an incredulous look, shaking his head. 'I don't believe it.'

'Silly old man,' Father pats my shoulder. 'Tell him, my boy. Wasn't Yoona the waitress who served us our meal?'

I remained silent, refusing to open my mouth. I didn't want to hurt her anymore.

'Son, before I forget, didn't you date Yoona awhile ago? Did you have fun breaking her heart?' My father laughs at the thought of it.

I was dumbfounded. How could my father betray me? How could he break this news to her father?

'What are you talking about?' Mr Im stared at me coldly. His face turned pale and ghostly.

'No, Mr Im. Let me explain to you...' He began to clench his fists, unwilling to let me speak.

'Why did you toy with my daughter?! Did your father send you to destroy her?!' He yelled at me, tugging at my collar.

All of a sudden, his grip on my collar loosened. He has lost his balance, but managed to steady himself. I reached out to hold him, but he slapped my arms off. With a hand clutching at his chest, his pulse seem to go haywire and irregular. Before I could reach out for him, he fell to the ground right before me.

End of Flashback

 

'Get out...' Yoona muttered under her breath, closing her eyes.

'Yoona... Listen to me.'

'I repeat, leave now.' Yoona was visibly antagonized and sorrowful. Taecyeon tries to touch her but she couldn't hold her anger any longer.

'I SAID GET OUT! GET OUT NOW !' She hollers, exasperated and agitated.

'Yoona! You've got to listen to my explanation..' Taecyeon was driving her crazy with his persistence.

'Jerk!' She shrieks. With all her might, she charges at him, pushing him out the door. Before he could react, she slams the door shut.

'If you enter, I'll kill myself right in front of you.' Yoona threatens, leaving Taecyeon with no option but to retreat immediately.

'Yoona ah, let me in. We need to talk. I'm sorry for being a jerk. I don't mean to hurt you...'

'LEAVE ME ALONE! HOW COULD YOU BE SO HEARTLESS AS TO BREAK THIS NEWS TO MY SICK DAD! WHAT HAVE I DONE EXACTLY TO DESERVE YOU?!' Yoona's voice turns raspy and hoarse.

'What did I do to deserve this treatment... Why the heck did I fall for you...' She breaks out into uncontrollable sobs, pounding at her chest repeatedly.

'Yoona ah, I'm sorry. I know this came too late but...' With his face etched with sorrow, Taecyeon felt tears prick at his eyes as the fear of rejection grips him.

'I love you. I've finally come to realize that I've fallen in love with you...'

 taecyeon-1.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Addendum: It's true that Taecyeon has finally come to realize his feelings for Yoona, in case you doubt. Sorry for the long and wordy chapter. I just wanted Yoona to express her pain and anger now. Would love to see your comments and feedback. All the sorrows and unhappiness will cease very soon, because romance and jealousy is taking over :D *awaiting Nichkhun's arrival*
Thanks! <3