Exposed

Lothario's Definition of Love

News of their breakup spreaded like wildfire. Having insulted Taecyeon by calling him a jerk, it was as good as initiating the break-up. To prevent herself from being unexpectedly into limelight all over again, Yoona kept a low profile. The moment she is dismissed from school everyday, Yoona would hurry out of the lecture hall to avoid bumping into Taecyeon. Seeing him was painful, but acknowledging his existence was enervating. Just a glimpse of him was adding salt to her wound.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yoona-solar-c1.jpg

'Serve the Minestrone soup.' The kitchen supervisor ordered as the group of waiters and waitresses got to their feet immediately, entering the Banquet hall in rows.

'Yoona ah, be careful. If anyone in there is acquainted to your father, you'll be caught working here while it's our Mid-Semester break...' Jessica teased. Yoona slaps Jessica's arm and she flinches.

'You are shrugging off all responsibility isn't it? You asked me to tag along! The world isn't this small...' Yoona rolls her eyes.

'Who knows!' Jessica sticks out her tongue and winces when Yoona slaps her by the arm again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Please enjoy your meal.' Yoona bowed to the table of guests.

'Yoona ah,' Hyori flashes an endearing smile, looking at the beautiful waitress. 'Are you working here?'

hyori_121010.jpg?w=450&h=601

'Yes I am.' Yoona's face lit up when she recognizes Hyori at the table. But her smile was destined to be short-lived. Where she was, Taecyeon was right beside her.

'Daughter of Dr.Im working as a waitress? You've got to be kidding...' The male guest's lips quirked in amusement. Yoona was slapped by his words.

'Appa...' It was the first time Yoona heard Taecyeon speak after their 'break-up'.

'How did you know who I am?' Yoona inquires politely, trying to avoid looking at Taecyeon.

'Your father used to be my subordinate... According to my memory, he is an unscrupulous businessman.' Taecyeon's father replied effortlessly, antagonizing Yoona.

'Appa, that's enough talk for now.' Taecyeon sounded exasperated as he tries to keep his father from insulting Yoona.

'Before I forget, the reason why my son can't fall for you is because you're the daughter of Dr.Im. Rivals are forever rivals, Taecyeon is fully aware of that.'

'Dad. Enough. You're drunk.' Taecyeon uttered, with a note of finality in his voice. He was certain that Yoona was on the verge of crying.

 

He knew who I was right from the start.

It wasn't just a Truth or Dare game...

He was a pawn used in our fathers' chessplay to conquer my territory.

He was the sole weapon used to knock me off my feet and inflict hurt upon me.

I finally understood that I have lost... completely...

 

Yoona's eyes moistened as she turns to leave. She can no longer bring herself to understand why he was hurting her all over again when she could no longer fathom how pain feels like...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'I'm home!' Yoona calls out as she slips off her peeptoes, exhausted from handling the 'kitchen logistics'. She walks into the kitchen.

'You're home, Missy.' 

'Ahjusshi,' Yoona greets Butler Kim with a bow. 'Is my father in the conservatory? I need to have a talk with him.'

'Unfortunately not. Sir went for his medical appointment with the cardiac specialist a moment ago. He'll be home late today.'

When Yoona returned to her room, she sat on the edge of her bed, allowing guilt to sink in. Certain that the attention she paid to him was far too little to notice the deterioration of his health, she wants to make up for lost time. Yoona wants to mend her broken relationship with her father. She finally understands the significance of kinship.

...

'Missy,' Butler Kim barges through the door, startling Yoona. She got on her feet, looking puzzled.

'What's wrong?' Yoona stares at his ashen face, bewildered. 'Did something happen?'

'Sir had a cardiac arrest. The paramedics are sending him to the Emergency Department.' He chanted, clearly in a state of panic himself.

Yoona could feel each word stabbing at her heart. Tears welled up in her eyes as she shook her head in denial.

 

This can't be happening...

Daddy, don't deprive me the chance of an apology. 

you can't leave me...

I won't allow you to.

 

'Ahjusshi, call Chauffeur Ahn now, we are heading to the hospital.'

 

image

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Addendum: I'm hoping that your curiousity is building up. It's just 1-2 chapters away from the now and I can't wait to put up the next chapter. (:
Be patient with me, because I'll be coming up with a P.O.V for Taecyeon to portray his thoughts and feelings. Anyway, the poster is up! I thought it is amazing. It's really nice of love-light to spend the time coming up with a poster. She did a great job didn't she? *THANK YOU*
-SMILE- xoxo